• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

joshtb86

Well that, in combination with this:

makes me suspect your problem with Dragon Naturally Speaking isn't simply SLI compatibility issues.

Maybe try a combination of older drivers/hyperSLI and see how you fare. First make sure you cleanly remove your previous drivers (look it up if you dont know how) and then give it a whack. 280 - 295 drivers did well with HyperSLI 0.7, and 275 drivers did well with HyperSLI 0.6 IIRC

even though none of this began until after i installed the 2nd video card?

Mordecai Walfish

even though none of this began until after i installed the 2nd video card?

I mean that it seems like there is an underlying instability to your setup when you have HyperSLI enabled that isnt just tied to incompatibility with a specific program. (DragonNS)

For that reason it seemed to me best to test next for possible driver issues.

joshtb86

I mean that it seems like there is an underlying instability to your setup when you have HyperSLI enabled that isnt just tied to incompatibility with a specific program. (DragonNS)

For that reason it seemed to me best to test next for possible driver issues.

im going to uninstall nvidia drivers and revert to the last stable since im on 301 beta and then try again. will post updates.

tonpayxixius

HyperSLI and DragonNS

im going to uninstall nvidia drivers and revert to the last stable since im on 301 beta and then try again. will post updates.

Hey,

Sorry for the length of time on the reply. I had a suspicion but I wanted to double check with some one first. What I can now confirm for you is that DragonNS 11.5 takes advantage of Virtual Machine environments. After some quick looks at it in the sandbox it seems to get the VM value (supported or not supported) from a hardware check (much like what appears to go on in the check for SLI enabled that happens). I am a fixer not a coder so I hope that explanation makes sense :)

A quick look at the breakdown of HyperSLI shows.. BE AWARE. HyperSLI hides Virtualization Technology supporting. (Taken from first post) So it looks like Dragon gets the "yes enable VM" when the computer is loading, then when the program attempts to call on the function it has been "hidden" and is very likely whats causing the problem.

There is a possible up side to this (I Think). If I actually grasp the wonders of how anatolymik's genius coder brain has given us this wonderful tool. Opening up the HyperSLI tray should present you with an option to disable when windows has finished loading. At that point the magic has already happened and your SLI settings should continue to work as intended, and (this is the part where I am guessing just a little bit to be honest.. I am hunting for a way I can test the idea and if I can I will let you know my results) with it disabled DragonNS should be able to call upon the VM environment like it thinks it can and not result in "A Serious Error". If any one with a better grasp on the technical side of what HyperSLI is doing with the whole "Hide VM" thing can possibly step forward and possibly clarify if I am correct or some where off in left field with this.

-=Tonpayxixius=-

joshtb86

Hey,

Sorry for the length of time on the reply. I had a suspicion but I wanted to double check with some one first. What I can now confirm for you is that DragonNS 11.5 takes advantage of Virtual Machine environments. After some quick looks at it in the sandbox it seems to get the VM value (supported or not supported) from a hardware check (much like what appears to go on in the check for SLI enabled that happens). I am a fixer not a coder so I hope that explanation makes sense :)

A quick look at the breakdown of HyperSLI shows.. BE AWARE. HyperSLI hides Virtualization Technology supporting. (Taken from first post) So it looks like Dragon gets the "yes enable VM" when the computer is loading, then when the program attempts to call on the function it has been "hidden" and is very likely whats causing the problem.

There is a possible up side to this (I Think). If I actually grasp the wonders of how anatolymik's genius coder brain has given us this wonderful tool. Opening up the HyperSLI tray should present you with an option to disable when windows has finished loading. At that point the magic has already happened and your SLI settings should continue to work as intended, and (this is the part where I am guessing just a little bit to be honest.. I am hunting for a way I can test the idea and if I can I will let you know my results) with it disabled DragonNS should be able to call upon the VM environment like it thinks it can and not result in "A Serious Error". If any one with a better grasp on the technical side of what HyperSLI is doing with the whole "Hide VM" thing can possibly step forward and possibly clarify if I am correct or some where off in left field with this.

-=Tonpayxixius=-

thanks for your help! great response! i disabled hypervisor in the hyperSLI control panel and dragon loaded! it works! thanks!

Last edited:

user21

any word of hacking those Lucid Drivers to work with X-mode combining different ATI and Nvidia cards together?

WqYn3

System Name Intel
Processor core i5 2500k
Motherboard ga p67s-ud3-b3 rev1.1
Cooling h60
Memory kingston hyperX 16gb
Video Card(s) gtx570hd and 550Ti
Storage 1tb hdd
Display(s) samsung syncmaster px2370 and T220
Case Raidmax
Power Supply corsair gs700
Software Win7
any word of hacking those Lucid Drivers to work with X-mode combining different ATI and Nvidia cards together?

Why would you want to do this? Jw

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2GHz (Auto)
Motherboard NB: AMD 890FX + SB: AMD SB850 (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 2.0)
Cooling Air (ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler)
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) @1333 (G.SKILL ECO Series 2GB CL7D-4GBECO)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200 RPM WD1501FASS
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Software Win7 x64 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601))
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal

WqYn3

System Name Intel
Processor core i5 2500k
Motherboard ga p67s-ud3-b3 rev1.1
Cooling h60
Memory kingston hyperX 16gb
Video Card(s) gtx570hd and 550Ti
Storage 1tb hdd
Display(s) samsung syncmaster px2370 and T220
Case Raidmax
Power Supply corsair gs700
Software Win7
I thought he was trying to use a ati card and nvidia card at the same time, miss understood..

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
I thought he was trying to use a ati card and nvidia card at the same time, miss understood..

I believe he was as well. It still doesn't change or invalidate what I said.

tongcc99

Thank you very much

Hey tongcc99,

So I had to jump in on this as your configuration seems incredibly similar to mine. All though not completely relevant if you could include the 'brand' of your MoBo and GFX cards there is an outside chance it could make a difference in helping you to arrive at a solution.

However.. having said that, I do have a suggestion on what may be holding you back and how you can "fix" it. I encountered a similar issue when upgrading my drivers using the old SLI patch. I don't know why it happened but.. this is what I did to fix it. Grab a copy of Driver Sweeper (can be found in multiple posts all over this form or using that google thing all the kids are talking about). Also grab a copy of CPU-ID or any other program that will show you if virtualization is enabled/functioning inside the loaded windows environment.

Reboot your machine in too safe mode and use uninstall and then Driver Sweeper any lingering NVidia components away then uninstall HyperSLI as well. *note* Just for good measure I also removed the HD Audio and PhysX as well. Reboot normally and open CPU-ID (or equivalent) to see if it is showing virtualization as being enabled. At this point because HyperSLI is not resident in memory and not loaded it should report as being enabled under windows. If not then you may need to seek out a BIOS update to fix it. Once you can confirm that Virtualization is functioning in Windows, install HyperSLI (Even if you have set all your permissions and disabled UAC to install HyperSLI right-click and chose the "run as administrator" option (this is what made the difference in my situation)and reboot once again. Once you are back in windows, bring up the HyperSLI window and confirm that it shows it is "functioning correctly". Now reinstall your chosen driver version (296.10 is what I am running and can confirm it works). Reboot one final time and give it a try.. the option should be available at this point. If not well.. let me know and post your MoBo/GFX manufacturer details as well as your current BIOS and ChipSet (NB/SB) Driver version.

:toast:
my sli is going well with GTX460*2+AMD965.i found a solution to my problem that i download a file called "DifferentSLI" on http://anatolymik.itzod.ru/ .then the sli option showed up!!i don't know why,but it worked.thank you very much.
by the way,i am a chinese man ,in my country,most people are using slipatch.i am trying to introduce your patch to them~~

joshtb86

also after i installed the 301.xx drivers on my 2x zotac 550 ti SLI system using hyperSLI, i have had intermittent freezing during booting. just reinstalled windows because i thought it was a program, but im attempting to narrow down the issue to the video drivers. anyone else having this problem with these drivers?

Excuse me can we get a windows 8 dev preview and a windows 8 consumer preview version of this tweak? Would very much appreciate this on the newer faster kernels..................

kramspark

little help please!

picked up the new drivers running a crosshair 4 with gtx460 x2 havent had any issues for along time and have been getting a blue screen lately

can someone tell me what this is

BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF88007E98EF8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

if this isnt a enough info let me know

thanks

spadesluck

also after i installed the 301.xx drivers on my 2x zotac 550 ti SLI system using hyperSLI, i have had intermittent freezing during booting. just reinstalled windows because i thought it was a program, but im attempting to narrow down the issue to the video drivers. anyone else having this problem with these drivers?

I have the same cards as you just different brand. I've got PNY 550 TI SlI'd together on an ASRock 770DE+ with a Phenom II x4 955 cpu. Everything works fine on mine. Only thing is I had better performance with the 296.10 driver. Just try using those instead.

user21

Why would you want to do this? Jw

Combining both the ati and nvidia is one hell of an experience if you are doing it without those MSI Big Bang series motherboards :nutkick:

FabioMC

What adapter? When? Too vague for me to know what you're talking about.

When do you get the error code? When you're upgrading your Nvidia drivers, or applying HyperSLI?

Have you checked the Nvidia forums to see if it's a problem with the actual beta drivers and not something with SLI?

I meant VGA ADAPTER (one of them is marked yellow). I tried getting help on nvidia forums but had no luck. The problem happens in all 300.x drivers. I tried on a clean windows install and got error again.

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
I meant VGA ADAPTER (one of them is marked yellow). I tried getting help on nvidia forums but had no luck. The problem happens in all 300.x drivers. I tried on a clean windows install and got error again.

I really don't know. I noticed you used SPDTool. I have no idea what that does, but I thought it might be helpful for other people to know. Are you still having problems with that? They might be related.

Pilgore

System Name Awsemo3000
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 4GHz
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling EVGA Superclock
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 1866MHZ
Video Card(s) 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti Windforce
Storage 2x Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM [] Seagate Momentus XT 500GB Hybrid
Display(s) LG Flatron 22" 2ms
Case Thermaltake Armor+ 14-Bay EATX
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair 620 watt modular
Software Win7 Ultimate
Hello. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! I finally got SLI working with the 301.24 drivers using hyperSLI on an Asus M5A97 with 2X Gigabyte GTX 550Ti Windforce GPU's. I had to disable the hyperSLI control panel to get the SLI to work in the Nvidia control panel. It wouldnt hold the settings with it running for some reason. HyperSLI is good work.

halfcrazy21

Help! It says "Unable to get boot information"
Currently using win 7 64-bit, but hypersli info says that im using windows xp