• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo 3 Launch Overloads Servers

link2009

System Name Armory
Processor Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte P965P-DQ6
Cooling 5 Case Fans, 890g CPU Cooler
Memory 4 GB Mushkin DDR2 PC-6400 @ 5-4-4-12 1.8V
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 1x7200 RPM 1 TB Hitachi, 1x5400RPM 80 GB Samsung
Display(s) ASUS 24"
Case Antec P183
Audio Device(s) Integrated HD Audio
Power Supply Enermax MODU82+ 525W
Software Windows 7
You're the reason why DRM exists. If no one pirated games, DRM wouldn't be necessary, but honestly, I have internet 98% of the time. If I don't have internet I think I can deal without a game with DRM or maybe actually go outside and enjoy the day or something. Honestly, Blizzard's DRM is pretty non-intrusive, it just requires you to be online. I don't think that is unreasonable, and if you don't like it, then don't buy the damn game and don't complain about it. No one is forcing you to by D3 and judging from so many of Blizzards' past releases, I'll calmly wait a week or two before I jump on that boat.

So if you do pirate software, then honestly, you have no right to talk, actually you should be shunned because you're the reason DRM exists.

Also, if you have a rare moment when you don't have internet, maybe its your queue to get off your computer and enjoy the day...

I own every Blizzard PC game released. I've enjoyed their games in the past, so D3 will be in the future. The beta kept me interested enough to want to at least finish the game.

You are naive, in denial and a Blizzard fan-boy, as indicated by your post. This issue has been discussed to death but don't fool yourself into believing that this DRM is a response to piracy because it isn't. There are more pirates now than there have been in the past and that is not only a direct result of more people having access to a computer or becoming computer-literate.

You can search the web for a more in-depth discussion on this issue (because it's clear you haven't, judging by the garbage you've spat out) and you will see how many games have had global success with their sales even though they didn't even bother with DRM.

A great example of this would be TES IV: Oblivion. Absolutely no DRM, free world builder and great mod support from the developers. DRM is becoming more and more useless as the pirates are becoming better and better at cracking binaries and emulating network servers.

Companies, Blizzard included, are beginning to lose customers with this always-on DRM system. I want to go to a cottage, grab my laptop and enjoy some D3 single-player but guess what...without an internet connection, I would have purchased a $60+tax lemon.

I'm sorry but my money is worth more to me.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
You are naive, in denial and a Blizzard fan-boy, as indicated by your post. This issue has been discussed to death but don't fool yourself into believing that this DRM is a response to piracy because it isn't. There are more pirates now than there have been in the past and that is not only a direct result of more people having access to a computer or becoming computer-literate.

You can search the web for a more in-depth discussion on this issue (because it's clear you haven't, judging by the garbage you've spat out) and you will see how many games have had global success with their sales even though they didn't even bother with DRM.

A great example of this would be TES IV: Oblivion. Absolutely no DRM, free world builder and great mod support from the developers. DRM is becoming more and more useless as the pirates are becoming better and better at cracking binaries and emulating network servers.

Companies, Blizzard included, are beginning to lose customers with this always-on DRM system. I want to go to a cottage, grab my laptop and enjoy some D3 single-player but guess what...without an internet connection, I would have purchased a $60+tax lemon.

Blizzard is in big financial trouble I hear! Always on DRM is about to bankrupt them! So many people didn't buy Diablo 3 that thier servers can't stay up due to lack of load.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
It would certainly take some time (and money for those who'll obviously setup the servers), but it's possible. As possible as WoW private servers.

http://i.imgur.com/sdp2c.jpg

You can PING *.battle.net until the end of time, you won't get any replay because they disable ICMP Echo packets for security reasons...:shadedshu

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
GAME. I haz confused.. but I got it now. :laugh:

the name of the stores was annoying as hell, "hey i'm going to game, wanna come?"

everyone else: mind explodes

i had at least 5 people come see me at work whining their GAME pre order wasnt being honored while i was sitting there happily avoiding launch day issues.

Fixed. Dont imply ANYONE agrees with you here.

You have little knowledge about pirating games. :D

you have little knowldege of the TPU rules. piracy talk isnt allowed here, except for the occasional thread that is borderline (EG, a game company mentions piracy in a press release)

Chappy

System Name Movie Maker
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.40Ghz
Motherboard GA-EP45-DQ6
Cooling OCZ
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR2 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition (670Mhz)
Storage WD Caviar Black (2X) 2TB RAID-0 & WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) Samsung T220
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora
Audio Device(s) Realtek (Integrated)
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Graphics issues, always online drm even in single player (WTF! :wtf:), real world money currency auction house?! Aren't they just replacing WoW with diablo 3?

After seeing thousands of enraged users http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
I'd say just boycott the game, sucks anyways... I prefer Torchlight than this.
Only a maniac diablo fan will play this game. Critics over all rating of 87/100? I think they're being paid just to rate this game a 10/10?

Graphics issues:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7807/itshouldrh5.jpg

Good thing I didn't pre-order as I was tempted after the official release date was announced.

Agreed. Well Said...
Don't you guys realize as well that because its a "always-on DRM" game means THERE IS A SERVER to be maintained and NEEDS a stable constant income FROM THE USERS "US". Meaning its Pay-to-Play even if you already bought the game.

Last edited:
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
You go ahead and boycott a game that set PC preorder records on Amazon alone.

Also, it's not even close to pay to play. Blizzard has more than enough revenue to keep BattleNet up and running, just as they have since 1997. Free of charge I might add.

The always on DRM is BS.

Chappy

System Name Movie Maker
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.40Ghz
Motherboard GA-EP45-DQ6
Cooling OCZ
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR2 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition (670Mhz)
Storage WD Caviar Black (2X) 2TB RAID-0 & WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) Samsung T220
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora
Audio Device(s) Realtek (Integrated)
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
You go ahead and boycott a game that set PC preorder records on Amazon alone.

No need to tell me cause I already did. And sure that's a lot of people will be regretting having to pre-ordered this game.

Also, it's not even close to pay to play. Blizzard has more than enough revenue to keep BattleNet up and running, just as they have since 1997. Free of charge I might add.

So the internet is free then?, I pay $80 a month for 2mbps connection here in our country...

The always on DRM is BS.

If you say so... :ohwell:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
@Chappy : So it no games needed the internet you wouldn't have a need for a home connection?
Unless you are paying by your usage (bytes transfered), you can't really say Blizzard is making you pay for internet.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Graphics issues, always online drm even in single player (WTF! :wtf:), real world money currency auction house?! Aren't they just replacing WoW with diablo 3?

After seeing thousands of enraged users http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
I'd say just boycott the game, sucks anyways... I prefer Torchlight than this.
Only a maniac diablo fan will play this game. Critics over all rating of 87/100? I think they're being paid just to rate this game a 10/10?

Graphics issues:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7807/itshouldrh5.jpg

Always-On DRM: The DRM is strictly to prevent Item Duping that was a huge problem with Diablo II, because they are offering people the chance to sell items for actual currency, they don't really want people creating items out of thin air to rig the system. How many people don't have steady internet connections these days? Are you really worried about that 2-4 hour flight you have coming up that doesn't have WiFi? Always-On DRM is a pain when it serves no purpose (e.g. Ubisoft), and doesn't benefit the gameplay at all.

Real Money Auction House: This one blows my mind. What downside is there to allowing players to sell items for a small amount of cash to other players with no risk? Oh boo-hoo, Blizzard takes 15%, which really isn't bad considering you're guaranteed your money\item. Does it really affect your experience? The non-RM Auction House is incredibly useful, because it allows players to make extra Gold or fill that single slot that they can't seem to get an upgrade for.

Meta-Critic As a Primary Source: Really? Quoting the user reviews of Meta-Critic is absolutely retarded. Let's take a look at what some of these completely proficient people have to say;

Cevn 0/10 said:
Absurd how badly blizzard screwed this up. There isn't even an offline mode. What kind of Diablo doesn't have offline gameplay? Other than this the game itself is very fun and plays smoothly, even on my macbook air. The only problem is, I can't even play because of all the damn connectivity issues on Blizzard's end. Did they not know how many people were going to buy the game?

That guy gave the game a 0/10, in a review where he said it played great, and was very fun. See the problem here? Meta-Critic's user review section is basically where idiots go to vent about Entertainment products that aren't catering to their every whim. Another example;

JohnnyTurbo 0/10 said:
I've been wronged by Blizzard. They promised me a sequel to Diablo 2 one of the titles that holds a place in the pantheon of skilfully crafted games. This installment, Diablo 3 is nothing but a cookie cutter title with the Diablo franchise stapled onto its hide. 0/10 I'm extremely unsatisfied.

A classic case of a self-entitled consumer. Apparently because he bought and played Diablo II Blizzard owed him a sequel, that was everything he hoped and dreamed for.

Graphics Issues: Apparently if you have Glaucoma Diablo III becomes tolerable. This argument is ridiculous to be honest. Diablo II looked bland and lacked a lot of contrast, Diablo III by comparison has a lot of variation, and it makes the game look less like absolute shit.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
This game is so much win I don't even acknowledge the hatin pirates.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals

I know what you mean.

I bought D3, finished act IV already on normal, but the graphics is much worst than in the pics. I never seen so lower textures and low polyes on a game since...warcraft 3....aa sorry..WOW. Actually is kinda the same modified engine. Plain crap. Gameplay is nice in cooperative tho, but I got bored already.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
why do all of these people with broadband connections complain when a game requires a broadband connection?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
why do all of these people with broadband connections complain when a game requires a broadband connection?

Because it makes it more difficult to pirate. Not that its impossible but it means they will have to join rouge servers and double their chances getting infected with a virus. All because they are cheap.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Because it makes it more difficult to pirate. Not that its impossible but it means they will have to join rouge servers and double their chances getting infected with a virus. All because they are cheap.

that is what i suspected. i mean, they pay 40-50 bucks a month for a fast connection and always complain when a company produces a game that uses that connection.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Yeah, I finally ... FINALLY ... got a good broadband connection. When I'm not playing D3 i'm downloading the whole interwebz.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Yeah, I finally ... FINALLY ... got a good broadband connection. When I'm not playing D3 i'm downloading the whole interwebz.

you did???? how, i thought you lived out in the grand fields of the american west?

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Yeah man I just got a 40mb download myself. Save some interwebz for me!

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
@ ER : American Midwest actually, but the local co-op (read: none of the big players) decided to trench fiber optic cable right up to all the houses in our area that wanted it. Connection is 20x5/unlimited.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
@ ER : American Midwest actually,

you know us easterns refer to anything west of the mississippi river the "west"

but the local co-op (read: none of the big players) decided to trench fiber optic cable right up to all the houses in our area that wanted it. Connection is 20x5/unlimited.

yay :toast:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Wisconsin is not west of the Mississippi. Just a heads up on that. :laugh:

Yeah, it makes the internet a bit more enjoyable when a site doesn't take 3 or 4 minutes to load (and then half the stuff fails on it).

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Wisconsin is not west of the Mississippi. Just a heads up on that. :laugh:

Yeah, it makes the internet a bit more enjoyable when a site doesn't take 3 or 4 minutes to load (and then half the stuff fails on it).

ha! why did i think you were in kansas even tho your profile says wisconsin...

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.

I got 4G and I've been booted from the game twice. It's pretty lame, but it's alright.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I got 4G and I've been booted from the game twice. It's pretty lame, but it's alright.

i've got adsl2+ with a ping of 35ms to google, and yet diablo i get a minimum of 220, and today it hasnt dropped below 800.

people bitch because the game servers themselves are lagging/lack bandwidth.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

Pretty short sighted, well for us at least as me and my wife play it and have a 300+ ping due to going though B.Net were as if we could local connect ya be talking 2ms ping..