• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Storm Sonuz Gaming Headset Launched

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The gaming peripherals brand of Cooler Master, CM Storm, announced its latest high-end gaming headset, the CM Storm Sonuz. The Sonuz is an analog stereo headset that takes input from conventional 3.5 mm jacks. The cushioned around-the-ear headphones (inner diameter of 97 mm) are backed by φ 53 mm drivers, with 45 Ω impedance, 10-20,000 Hz frequency response, 98 dB ± 3 dB SNR, and 200 mW maximum output (RMS).

The microphone, on the other hand, is suspended on a hinged arm. It has a frequency range of 100-10,000 Hz; -47 dB ± 3 dB (@ 10 kHz) sensitivity, 58 dB SNR, and an omni-directional pickup. The headset's combined cable is 2 m long, and is braided. A volume + mic-toggle pod sits in the middle. Apart from the headphone cans, the headband is cushioned. The CM Storm Sonus will be likely priced a notch above the CM Storm Sirius, at around US $115.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

seriously sweet design, yet plasticy, but i am already sold with the Madcats Cyborg one... If only they would sell it here!

Edgarstrong

I wonder how it fares compared to Sirius. But I guess the performance of this headset will heavily depend on what sound card you are using since it's analogue?