• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo 3 Launch Overloads Servers

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Pretty short sighted, well for us at least as me and my wife play it and have a 300+ ping due to going though B.Net were as if we could local connect ya be talking 2ms ping..

I've noticed just about anything under 300ms plays fine, obviously not ideal, but I've had few issues. On off hours I've gotten around 120-150ms, and at peak hours I get around 300-350. Both are playable, and there is very little noticable delay. Every so often I will get massive spikes, but it's hardly been an issue for me. Obviously playing locally would be a better solution, but for people who want to play with a bunch of different friends, the new Battle.net system is actually really slick.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Obviously playing locally would be a better solution, but for people who want to play with a bunch of different friends, the new Battle.net system is actually really slick.

I've been able to play with a bunch of different friends in Diablo II, and we don't have to use Battle.net as well. But now it's impossible to play in that same way.

Chappy

System Name Movie Maker
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.40Ghz
Motherboard GA-EP45-DQ6
Cooling OCZ
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR2 8GB (4X2GB) DDR2
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition (670Mhz)
Storage WD Caviar Black (2X) 2TB RAID-0 & WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) Samsung T220
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora
Audio Device(s) Realtek (Integrated)
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
@Chappy : So it no games needed the internet you wouldn't have a need for a home connection?
Unless you are paying by your usage (bytes transfered), you can't really say Blizzard is making you pay for internet.

No, It has unlimited bandwidth.

But... will I be able to play Diablo 3 HERE?!

If your gonna ask me if I have an internet connection in the middle of the pacific ocean... Well Yes, But we only use it to send ship status reports. Absolutely no internet browsing just plain outlook for email. Payed for bytes transferred is unimaginable. File size limit is 300kb (Kilobytes) per mail transfered. Merchant marines HATES DRM cause we can't play it in our free time which is 30-40days depending the distance between ports. Haha... ;)

Just why won't they follow the footsteps of CD Projekt that created The Witcher, The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition?

This DRM is just putting more fuel into the fire, its just encouraging more pirates and now probably many hackers and crackers have all their eyes on Diablo 3 if you know what I mean. The pirate group who'll be able to pirate this game is on the top of the hill, they'll just get better in doing this stuff.

Nah, I don't care anymore.... :D

I know what you mean.

I bought D3, finished act IV already on normal, but the graphics is much worst than in the pics. I never seen so lower textures and low polyes on a game since...warcraft 3....aa sorry..WOW. Actually is kinda the same modified engine. Plain crap. Gameplay is nice in cooperative tho, but I got bored already.

Actually I got to play Diablo 3 after visiting a friend, He has 1mbps connection and the game lags so much. My anger and frustration subsided after playing it in few hours cause the game just didn't met my expectations and yeah I got bored right away... I guess this hack n' slash is not my kind of game, not because of the errors and lags. It was more fun if it has LAN like when we were playing Diablo 2 with all the hacks and stuff, but the good ol days are gone. And I don't like playing with strangers online.

Always-On DRM: The DRM is strictly to prevent Item Duping that was a huge problem with Diablo II, because they are offering people the chance to sell items for actual currency, they don't really want people creating items out of thin air to rig the system. How many people don't have steady internet connections these days? Are you really worried about that 2-4 hour flight you have coming up that doesn't have WiFi? Always-On DRM is a pain when it serves no purpose (e.g. Ubisoft), and doesn't benefit the gameplay at all.

Real Money Auction House: This one blows my mind. What downside is there to allowing players to sell items for a small amount of cash to other players with no risk? Oh boo-hoo, Blizzard takes 15%, which really isn't bad considering you're guaranteed your money\item. Does it really affect your experience? The non-RM Auction House is incredibly useful, because it allows players to make extra Gold or fill that single slot that they can't seem to get an upgrade for.

Meta-Critic As a Primary Source: Really? Quoting the user reviews of Meta-Critic is absolutely retarded. Let's take a look at what some of these completely proficient people have to say;

That guy gave the game a 0/10, in a review where he said it played great, and was very fun. See the problem here? Meta-Critic's user review section is basically where idiots go to vent about Entertainment products that aren't catering to their every whim. Another example;

A classic case of a self-entitled consumer. Apparently because he bought and played Diablo II Blizzard owed him a sequel, that was everything he hoped and dreamed for.

Graphics Issues: Apparently if you have Glaucoma Diablo III becomes tolerable. This argument is ridiculous to be honest. Diablo II looked bland and lacked a lot of contrast, Diablo III by comparison has a lot of variation, and it makes the game look less like absolute shit.

Yeah... Yeah..., Meta-Critic is just full of pirates and idiots... And Diablo 3 Graphics textures are uber super high definition quality blah, blah, blah... compared to Diablo 2 ;)

It's just after being able to play the game I suddenly got the feeling of relief from frustration, maybe I just got hooked up with all this hype about Diablo 3...
But honestly I used to love playing Diablo 2 with all the hacks and stuff with my friends in LAN and its fun.

Last edited: