• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Your Thoughts on Counterstike GO Beta

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
I got into the Beta early this month and had played it for a whopping 52 minutes before I said "this sucks" and got out of the game. That was May 2, 2012. I was expecting it to be similar to Counterstrike Source with better graphics, more guns, and more modes to play. Well it has all of the 3 but the gameplay was so much different. For anyone who has played Day of Defeat Source, the gameplay is just like that but much, much, much more suited for the console than the PC. I don't think it works well at all. The buying screen is a big radial wheel so that console players and easily buy stuff which sucks for PC gamers. Everything about this game is tailored to console players and much of the Counterstrike feel is missing. I know for me, I will not definitely buy this game. But as of now, I am willing to update it and give it another shot this weekend. Maybe my thoughts will change maybe it will not.

For anyone who has played the Beta, what are your thoughts?

System Name Alienware laptop R4
Processor intel i7-3610M @ 2,30Ghz
Motherboard dell?
Cooling 2 built in laptop cooling fans
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Mobility Radeon HD m290x 4GB GDDR5
Storage 256 ssd and 512ssd
Display(s) laptop screen 17.3" 1920x1080 + LG 22" inch LCD HD 1920 x 1200
Case My laptop back pack case
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Power Supply laptop brick
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
I played it for about 10 mins on my friends account and loved it, 3 knife kills and 1 death was so much fun!!!

You should take your complaints over to the steam forums and tell them. It is in beta, and having been invited, it's not impossible that they want your opinion, you should give it to them, they may make the game you want in the end.