• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Portronics Unveils My-Buddy Laptop Cooling Desk

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
In life nothing comes free, laptop brings us the convenience of portability but its ease of use and convenience gives us the liberty to use the laptop in a posture which can leads to multiple problems like strain on the lower back, strain on neck, pressure on Diaphragm and kidneys, distortion of nasal and Sinus civilities, and many more.

Portronics, a leader in portable and digital devices, announces the launch of its new Laptop Cooling Desk - MY-BUDDY, which is a multi utility laptop cooling desk that allows you to use the laptop in the best of the postures depending on the height of the person and also cool the laptop while you using it. You can use any size of the laptop on this table and the same can be folded, and carried anywhere.

Salient features of the MY-Buddy are as follows:
  • Compact Design that is light yet very strong
  • The joint has a auto lock design feature
  • Joint tested for more than 25,000 times and still working well
  • Can bear the weight of more than 35Kgs
  • Both the height and angles can be adjusted
  • High quality USB wire built in
  • Suitable for bed, Lawn , Carpet, and sofa
  • Portable - can be carried anywhere
The base of the laptop desk is a shiny French wood which is generally used to create very premium furniture. Also the adjustable and foldable legs of MY-Buddy are made from high quality light weight Aluminium. The fan attached on the wooden panel comes with 1800 RPM speed with the power of 2W. The power for the fan is extracted through the USB of the laptop so no use of any power plugs. Its built in the USB cable will help you to lose the cable when you need it the most.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
This would not be so bad, heck if anything the base layout is perfect, but it's WAY too narrow to accomodate a large laptop, say 15.6 inches or larger, as well as a mouse. For those in the market for a nice lap desk you may wish to consider one of these:

Peck's Bent Wood Adjustable Laptop Desk
http://www.breakfasttray.com/store/400c.htm

The best ideal setup I've found for a lap desk that does not depend upon your actual lap to work. The bonus also being that since it's wood, or something similar, it should'nt give anywhere near as easy as some of the plastic ones I've seen.