• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries and Major League Gaming Introduce the Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of premium-quality peripherals, and partner Major League Gaming (MLG), the world's largest competitive video game league, today introduced the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse. As the official, licensed mouse for Major League Gaming, the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition brings competitive players the best-in-class hardware as well as a color design and surface that was chosen in cooperation with the MLG community - based on interviewing visitors at the MLG Winter Championship in Columbus. Key features include a 32-bit ARM processor that allows for advanced SteelSeries ExactTech calculations to be done directly on the mouse, easy driverless setup at tournament computers via an on mouse LCD display and menu, and the newest, premium-quality sensor, which increases the CPI to 8,200 and 16,400 DCPI. Attendees at the MLG Spring Championship in Anaheim, CA, June 8-10 will be the first to get an advanced look and can pre-order the sophisticated mouse which will be available beginning this August for $99.99 / €99.99 MSRP.

The SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse is ambidextrous with a gunmetal, non-slip grip coating, three areas of illumination with 16.8 million color options to choose from and 4 levels of illuminating pulsation. Compatible for both PC and Mac users, the mouse can be further modified through the SteelSeries Engine software suite, which allows for multiple layers of customization and extended programmability.

"MLG partnered with SteelSeries because of the impressive products they build for gamers," said Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO and Co-founder of Major League Gaming. "We are excited to introduce the Sensei MLG Edition, which has been crafted with the best hardware available and technology that makes sense to gamers who are looking for the best products to help their competitive play."

"The professional gamers that compete in MLG tournaments and the competitive players who watch competition streams that are practicing towards getting to tournaments in person and ultimately play to win, are who we have built this co-branded mouse for," said SteelSeries CMO, Kim Rom. "We believe the MLG community and its supporters bring together some of the most passionate competitive players out there and we're excited to bring those players a mouse with the fastest, most customizable and best-in-quality features."

Customization for Competitive Gaming
The SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse features a state of the art 32-bit ARM processor that provides both speed and precision. The best, premium-quality laser sensor makes this mouse the fastest on the market, with true hardware-based sensitivity settings from 1 to 8,200 CPI, and an "overclocked" Double CPI feature that allows the user to go all the way up to 16,400 DCPI - a setting that is ideal for multiple monitor use. The sensor boasts 10.8-megapixel image correlations at up to 12,000 frames per second and the ability to handle tracking movements of up to 150 inches per second.

The SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse features a unique on-mouse LCD display and menu that allows users to quickly and easily set, store and configure profiles and settings directly on the mouse. SteelSeries' industry leading ExactTech settings, such as ExactSens, ExactAccel, and ExactAim, can be calculated directly on the hardware via the LCD menu screen, which leaves the user with a mouse that is completely free of any interpolation or extrapolation, delay, filtering and without using up memory or resources on the user's computer. All of these features make set-up during tournaments fast and easy. The LCD also allows users to create bitmap illustrations to depict team names and logos, some of which will be downloadable on the SteelSeries Website.

Optimized Design, Grip and Illumination
The community chosen non-slip grip, dark metal coating encases the Sensei MLG Edition, while the ambidextrous shape makes all 8 ergonomically placed buttons comfortably reachable for the 3 grip styles - palm, claw and swipe. The mouse hosts three areas of illumination - at the wheel, at the CPI indicator and at the MLG logo, in 16.8 million color options including an OFF setting. The default colors are MLG-inspired with a blue illuminated wheel, red illuminated logo and white illuminated CPI indicator. The illumination also identifies specific functions like different colors for profiles or to represent team or player colors. Connecting to the computer through a gold-plated USB, its double-braided black nylon cord - with specks of red, white and blue - is meant to withstand serious punishment, from even the most aggressive tournament pulls.

The Power of SteelSeries' Engine
While the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse can be configured without the need for software drivers, it also can be modified through the SteelSeries Engine software. It's up to the user to decide how much customization they want or need; SteelSeries is purely supplying the possibilities. The SteelSeries Engine can allow users to:
  • Easily configure settings. The effortless drag-and-drop, easy to navigate features and directions make the software well suited for all levels.
  • Create profiles. Users can quickly activate multiple profiles for peripherals from different characters in one game to multiple profiles in all of the games and programs they're using.
  • Improve set-up through statistics. Users will be able to record sessions and identify how to improve their button layout and macro settings through a visual heat map of the users peripheral.
  • Have the freedom to play. The SteelSeries Engine makes the Sensei MLG Edition as customizable as technologically possible. The software will even recognize what game a user is playing and will open the appropriate, saved profile. It allows the user to have complete control on how their mouse can function.
To ensure maximum performance in all gaming scenarios SteelSeries enlisted help from world-class StarCraft II, Counter-Strike, QUAKE Live, DotA, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, WarCraft III and Doom players who helped with the testing and refinement of the Sensei. They provided input on everything from grip styles to the needs for customizable technology; the Sensei MLG Edition evolved from hours of gameplay.

For more details about the Sensei MLG Edition, be sure to check out this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I have a Sensei, and so far it's been only a pile of trouble, wouldn't recommend it (mine died a couple of days ago and trying to get any kind of support from SteelSeries is a pain).

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
I like the price

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Bleh too expensive for what you get.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I have a Sensei, and so far it's been only a pile of trouble, wouldn't recommend it (mine died a couple of days ago and trying to get any kind of support from SteelSeries is a pain).

I had a XAI and like every other gaming mouse they start double clicking. They gave me the one your complaining about the Sensei and it's been near no trouble for me except the odd time if the computer is put to sleep the lights stay on and when it does that and the system is restarted the mouse is turned off then you need to unplug it and plug it back in again.

As for their support i have had no issue's how ever i bet this one will start double clicking sooner or later as it seems to be a weak point to any i have.

Bleh too expensive for what you get.

Yes same here i don't believe i will spend so much on a mouse again just to get the same issue's.

I had a XAI and like every other gaming mouse they start double clicking. They gave me the one your complaining about the Sensei and it's been near no trouble for me except the odd time if the computer is put to sleep the lights stay on and when it does that and the system is restarted the mouse is turned off then you need to unplug it and plug it back in again.

As for their support i have had no issue's how ever i bet this one will start double clicking sooner or later as it seems to be a weak point to any i have.

Yes same here i don't believe i will spend so much on a mouse again just to get the same issue's.

Now you mention it i think my Steelseries Kinzu is double clicking when i single click. Its just the right mouse button.

MLG gaming :roll:

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
At that price point any R.A.T. would be better by a landslide, way too high of a price for what you get....

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.

I'm starting to think these 'Elite' boutique type brands with exuberant prices are indeed high performance but short lifespan.

My Razer ONZA (game controller) for instance is starting to show grooves on the analogues after a few months where I push the stick against most and it's not like I am pushing hard either.

My Logitech Dual Action controller showed very little signs of wear and I had it much longer.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Now you mention it i think my Steelseries Kinzu is double clicking when i single click. Its just the right mouse button.

MLG gaming :roll:

If it's out of warranty there is a way to fix it but takes time and a lot of patience.

Issue is the plastic is to soft so after so long it wears and thats when you get your double click from. To fix it you need to make it hit the microswitch as it used too.

The 1st mouse i tried it on was on the original Diamondback and what i did was to file the plastic down enough so i could use a old plastic card ( debit \credit \insurance card ) and used electrical tape to tape the plastic over the switch which worked great till a hot day came long and the tape would loose grip haha.

The idea using the plastic card was that it would not wear down. You may notice the microswitch button is actually harder plastic so the weaker gives.

If it happens to this mouse i will try paper just to see how much is needed then see if i can find a alternative way to do it.. But it is fixable.

Of topic
softer plastic degrades faster so better for the planet they say but i think it just makes 10x more plastic junk and a search of sea plastic junk will show how bad it's really getting.

All i know is i be still using the razer DB if it did not keep having that issue today meaning i would of not replaced 5 other mice due to the same issue. It's just come to the point things are made so cheap that it's not helping shit.

I'm starting to think these 'Elite' boutique type brands with exuberant prices are indeed high performance but short lifespan.

My Razer ONZA (game controller) for instance is starting to show grooves on the analogues after a few months where I push the stick against most and it's not like I am pushing hard either.

My Logitech Dual Action controller showed very little signs of wear and I had it much longer.

Yes for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name A black box
Processor AMD fx 8350
Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa ud3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Kingston hyperx 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus directcu top HD5850
Storage random 250gb
Display(s) Philips 190b3
Case antec 200 v2
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Silverstone 600w strider essentials plus
Software Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores I once tagged my school desk.

Hmm ive had my xai for almost 2 years now and ive had no issues yet. How long did it last before you started having problems with it?

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
16.4K dpi wtf

Scumbag marketing, tells pro gaming and does not tell what model of sensor.

Fu*king joke.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Mice with screens....would totally rock if my palms had eyeballs:laugh:

The sensor is the Avago ADNS-9800, the only 8200 DPI laser sensor on the market.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Hmm ive had my xai for almost 2 years now and ive had no issues yet. How long did it last before you started having problems with it?

just under a year.. I use a mouse a lot but still most fail just before or just after that 1 year. SS only give 1 year to US based but 2 year for Europe.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I love mice under $10.

$100 mouse doesn't make you a better player imo.