• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Announces Ultra Durable 5 Technology

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today introduced their latest Ultra Durable 5 technology, featuring a range of high current capable components including the industry's highest rated 60A IR3550 PowIRstage ICs that provide the best quality power delivery to the CPU for record-breaking performance, cool and efficient operation and extended motherboard lifespan.

GIGABYTE is yet again raising the bar of motherboard quality and durability with their Ultra Durable 5 technology, which includes high current capable components for the CPU power zone including the highest rated and awarded IR3550 PowIRstage ICs from International Rectifier, 2X Copper PCB and high current Ferrite Core Chokes rated up to 60A which together are able to deliver up to 60°C* cooler temperatures than traditional motherboards. Featured on a range of new motherboards based the Intel X79 and Z77 Express Chipsets, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology is the next evolution in quality motherboard design.

"As the exclusive motherboard manufacturer to utilize the amazingly efficient IR3550 PowIRstage ICs from International Rectifier, GIGABYTE has spent a considerable amount of engineering resources to ensure our Ultra Durable 5 motherboards are our best Ultra Durable motherboards yet," commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. "GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 motherboards are especially optimized for water cooled systems and overclocked Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge "K" SKU CPUs due to their exceptionally low operating temperatures, and make the perfect match for anyone looking to push their system to limits."

"We are delighted that IR's award-winning IR3550 PowIRstage provides the high current, thermal capability and outstanding performance to power GIGABYTE's new Ultra Durable 5 motherboard series," said Deepak Savadatti, Vice President and General Manager, IR's Enterprise Power Business Unit.

About IR3550 PowIRstage ICs
The award winning IR3550 PowIRstage ICs feature greater power e¬fficiency and are the highest rated Power Stage in the industry, able to provide up to 60A of power. This ensures the best power delivery to the CPU, for more stable operation and better overclocking performance. GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 motherboards also use both IR digital PWM controllers and IR PowIRstage ICs, for a uniquely seamless power delivery system.

IR has leveraged its world class packaging technology developed for the DirectFET, improving the thermal capability and layout of the PowIRstage significantly over that of other MCM packages.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
Gigabyte boards are very well designed but they lack software support like that of Asus boards. Hope to see some reviews of mobos based on UD5 technology. :respect:

Gigabyte boards are very well designed but they lack software support like that of Asus boards. Hope to see some reviews of mobos based on UD5 technology. :respect:

What software?

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Fan expert, USB flashback, USB 3.0 boost, just to name a few that I love. ;)

Meh. Nothing important.

Only stuff one needs are drivers and an OS :toast:

System Name GS43VR 7RE
Processor Core i7 7700HQ
Motherboard MSI GS43VR 7RE
Cooling Stock
Memory 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung 950 PRO
Display(s) 14" IPS
Case Metal
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 898
Power Supply Adapter
Mouse Rival 100
Keyboard SteelSeries
Software Windows 10 Version 1703
USB flashback does not need update...

HillBeast

System Name Kuja
Processor Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H50 HB.o Special Edition with Koolance CHC-122 NB Block
Memory OCZ Extreme Edition 4GB Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X Rev. 2
Storage 2x 1TB WD Green in RAID
Display(s) BenQ V2400W
Case Lian Li PC-A17 HB.o Special Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 889A
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin Pro 800W
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores 93632 sysPoints in sysTest '09 47 FPS in Star Tales Benchmark
I'm a fan of Gigabyte, I have a Gigabyte board, but UD5 looks retarded. All they did was add driver MOSFETs to the standard. Big whoop. MSI and ASUS have been doing that for ages.