• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lucid Virtu MVP Now Available Through 100 Intel and AMD Motherboard Models

Do you use Lucid Virtu?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No, never tried it

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No, tried but didn't like it

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
LucidLogix (Lucid), GPU virtualization software leader, today announced that Virtu and Virtu MVP GPU virtualization product family is now found in more than 100 Intel and AMD motherboard models, setting the standard for improved integrated and discrete GPU utilization, visual quality, power management and system responsiveness.

"High quality products and great service are what Asus products are all about. Virtu MVP adds that value across our line of motherboards, allowing users to enjoy best of both Intel graphics on one hand and on the other, enjoy discrete graphics with sharpest images and highest frame rates with MVP's Virtual Vsync," said Joe Hsieh, Asus Corporate Vice President & General Manager Motherboard Business Unit & Desktop System Business Unit. "We understand the importance of a responsive immersive gaming experience and with Virtu MVP's HyperFormance, we are able to provide that for the majority of popular PC titles."

Lucid Virtual Vsync allows systems to run games free from tearing artifacts, like standard in-game frame synch (also known as Vertical Sync), but this time without slowing down the game experience and frame rates. Traditionally, games running Vsync for tear artifact removal often reduce performance by up to 50 percent. Basically, Virtual Vsync eliminates the need to trade off performance for visual quality.

"Lucid Virtu MVP adds significant value to GIGABYTE gaming level motherboards through improved responsiveness, power saving and performance," commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. "Gaming PCs are a major driver for our retail motherboard business, and we welcome partners, such as Lucid, to continue to innovate for the desktop PC market in order to ensure that our customers are ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest technologies and features."

"Virtu MVP is a revolutionary innovation, allowing iGPU and dGPU to co-work together to get better performance," said Charles Chiang, MSI's General Manager of DPS. "MSI Z77 series mainboards use Virtu MVP and provide the best gaming experience to our customers."

For example, the Lucid-generated Virtual Vsync Chart demonstrates the Vsync performance improvement of some games when comparing Virtu MVP's Virtual Vsync to standard in game Vsync, which is capped at 60 frames per second (FPS) by vast majority of displays, in a variety of i-Mode and d-Mode settings. The findings show that Virtual Vsync can nearly double the FPS, resulting in a smoother gaming experience, while eliminating image tearing and artifacts.

Furthermore, Lucid Virtu MVP features HyperFormance, a technology that enables further increases in system responsiveness not only above in-game Vsync, but also above native performance. The Lucid generated Virtual Vsync & HyperFormance Chart demonstrates a 158 percent system responsiveness increase beyond native performance, and 260 percent above standard Vsync.

With such high acceptance and penetration, comes a lot of responsibility. At Lucid we test Virtu MVP GPU virtualization on hundreds of games and GPUs every month, and now we have added multiple settings for Virtual Vsync and HyperFormance tests, quadrupling the validation matrix," said Offir Remez, president and founder of LucidLogix. "But it is the support of our great customers, along with the world's leading motherboard manufacturers, that truly help bring the performance and benefits to the end users and gamers."

Lucid Virtu MVP can be found in motherboards by all of the leading manufacturers including Asustek, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI and others. Many more motherboard models are expected to launch in the following weeks. For a complete list of where to find Lucid Virtu MVP visit this page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

All hurray for the technology behind a broken software that does not support so many important games besides of 3DMARK11 witch isn't a game at all but shows great how the technology "work"

System Name Avalon
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3770K @ 1C: 42x, 2C: 41x, 3C: 40x, 4C: 39x (scalped, Coollaboratory Liquid Pro)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. A (B&W Edition) @ Passive
Memory 2x SK Hynix HMT451U6MFR8C-PB @ 2400 11-13-12-27 CR1 1.575 V
Video Card(s) Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Storage SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128 GB; RAID0: 2x WDC WD10JPVT
Display(s) SΛMSUNG S27A550
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced White
Power Supply Seasonic X-460 FANLESS
Software Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
Virtu is full shit.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Motherboard Asrock b550m riptide pd
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.Skill RGB DDR4 @ 3200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster QICK319 RX 7800 XT 16gb
Storage 1x Hynix P31 1tb (os) 1x 4tb SP UD90
Display(s) 1x Acer Predator X34, 2x 13.3 mobile USBC wings
Case Jonsbo D31 mesh
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Corsair SF750w
Software Windows 11
Hey it lets me take advantage of Intel's QuickSync technology for ripping blurays without having to rip out my HD 7950 crossfire setup. So I'm all in praise of Lucid Virtu tech, even using DXVA, CUDA, AMD APP, or my 4.8ghz 2600K none of them manage to rip nearly as fast or with as high image quality as QuickSync.

But I have to admit...beyond that I don't really care :laugh:

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
Hey it lets me take advantage of Intel's QuickSync technology for ripping blurays without having to rip out my HD 7950 crossfire setup. So I'm all in praise of Lucid Virtu tech, even using DXVA, CUDA, AMD APP, or my 4.8ghz 2600K none of them manage to rip nearly as fast or with as high image quality as QuickSync.

But I have to admit...beyond that I don't really care :laugh:

That is the only reason I am even remotely interested in Virtu. For some reason though, it has been giving me a bit of trouble trying to get it setup. From what I have read, the difference in quality between CUDA Accelerated (my previous go to encoding option) and QuickSync is night and day.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Motherboard Asrock b550m riptide pd
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.Skill RGB DDR4 @ 3200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster QICK319 RX 7800 XT 16gb
Storage 1x Hynix P31 1tb (os) 1x 4tb SP UD90
Display(s) 1x Acer Predator X34, 2x 13.3 mobile USBC wings
Case Jonsbo D31 mesh
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Corsair SF750w
Software Windows 11
Anandtech did a great overview of QuickSync with IVB and showed how the performance and image quality differs from the HD 7970 and GTX 680. I use different software and the performance difference there is not quite as extreme as it is in Media Espresso, but I would say that the performance and quality difference in both is night and day. Obviously conversion time and how much this pays off will be based in your conversion profiles, I tend to shoot for 10gb video, 1080p rips with with DTS uncompressed audio which is gunna take a little while no matter what my approach is. For if its something not for my personal enjoyment, and maybe something my nephew might want to watch for instance, that I usually do at 720p, 4gb video, and compressed audio, in which case it absolutely flies through much faster. Same goes for converting something to enjoy on your phone or tablet device.

Incredible performance and and leading image quality aside, the best thing about Virtu technology and how it allows you to use QuickSync, is that your CPU and GPU resources are not being stolen. I can easily go off and play some games while it's encoding without a reduction in performance. Sure a core or so gets used up by the software itself, but most games are not that parallel anyway.

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X RTX3060
Storage ADATA SX8200 1Tb, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
Display(s) Acer XV240Y, Acer KG240A
Case Corsair 750D
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis 7
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 860W
Mouse Razer Mamba TE
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Win11 X64
Used it on my Z68 Asus board but didn't see any major improvements in games or benches, maybe due to already having crossfire but not sure.

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
Last time I converted a bluray it took 14 hrs (max quality) on my Phenom X4 9550... :ohwell: