• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Titan ITX status. (placeholder)

triclops41

i know its kinda late in the build to go fiddling around with major configurations, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on the accelero hybrid as part of the build. Fitting a 120mm fan and the cooling block wouldn't take up much space, and would provide flexibility for choosing where the heat would be exhausted. It would also make the system quite silent. Just throwing the idea out there.
This looks absolutely great.

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
i know its kinda late in the build to go fiddling around with major configurations, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on the accelero hybrid as part of the build. Fitting a 120mm fan and the cooling block wouldn't take up much space, and would provide flexibility for choosing where the heat would be exhausted. It would also make the system quite silent. Just throwing the idea out there.
This looks absolutely great.

For one, you're right it won't fit and would take too many modifications to make it fit. For two, overclocking graphics cards yeilds little performance gains. Spend your Accelero Hybrid cost ($150) on a better GPU. :p

Next thing you guys are going to want CF/SLI in a SFF computer... oh wait, that's already on the drawing board. :D :rockout:

Last edited:
yeah that accelero is way too expensive. one could just buy the dwood antec kuhler bracket for like $10 and fit one of those on a video card (and saving about $90 if not more in the process)

System Name A black box
Processor AMD fx 8350
Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa ud3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Kingston hyperx 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus directcu top HD5850
Storage random 250gb
Display(s) Philips 190b3
Case antec 200 v2
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Silverstone 600w strider essentials plus
Software Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores I once tagged my school desk.
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
Apperently Falcon Northwest, who when contacted was "uninterested in getting into the SFF market", has now built a system that's almost EXACTLY like what I showed them two years ago. So, anyone buying the Falcon can thank me for it. :) Now where's my lawyers number...

Sorry guys. There's just NO ROOM IN AMERICA for an entrepreneur. It takes one corporate theft to kill a dream.

Last edited:
well from what i saw, it looks like they wont be selling that case individually. i only saw mention that you'd have to buy an entire system from them, which i would not do. some might, but i know a lot of us like to build our own :)

Video Card(s) HD6870
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
If they designed it and had it built in China then China is already making them. It's only a matter of time before the market is swamped with mITX gaming cases.

triclops41

If they designed it and had it built in China then China is already making them. It's only a matter of time before the market is swamped with mITX gaming cases.

I would not be so sure that cases will be available outside of FNW. The Alienware x51 cases are nowhere to be found, yet those things came out in January. If your case had been out by then, there is no way I would have bought an X51, and there are many of us in the same boat.

Just like the boutique GPU cooling solutions of iBuypower, FNW has an interest in making that case unavailable separately. If one could buy it and put together one's own system for much less, that is a huge hindrance to FNW selling many of these things. They need to make that case hard to find in order to protect the large margins on these systems.

Don't get discouraged.

System Name Middleman
Processor i5-3570k @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Samsung 8GB 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7870
Storage WD Caviar Black 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Case Cooler Master Haf XM
Power Supply Corsair 800W
Software Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
I smell legal action with FNW...

But srsly, super excited about your product, always been a fan of ITX builds, as far along as you are in the project, do you have a rough estimate of a shelf price? If so, what is it?!

ChronoDog

Please don't get discouraged because of FNW, it's not the same.
They will make damn sure their case will not be available anywhere, and to be honest
even if your case ends up costing $500, I'd still buy it - and so would many others here.

One thing you should definitely do is start some sort of legal action against them before
you start selling your finished product - otherwise they'll do it to you :banghead:

Either way, keep up the great work you're doing and keep us posted!

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Please don't get discouraged because of FNW, it's not the same.
They will make damn sure their case will not be available anywhere, and to be honest
even if your case ends up costing $500, I'd still buy it - and so would many others here.

One thing you should definitely do is start some sort of legal action against them before
you start selling your finished product - otherwise they'll do it to you :banghead:

Either way, keep up the great work you're doing and keep us posted!

I'm not going to lie, if I can get a similar case for a fraction of the cost, I would. I'm all for supporting the little brother or the underdog, but at the end of the day it all depends on which product offers me the most for my money. Still, I hate to see Lazzer get shafted by FNW so I hope justice takes its course.

ChronoDog

I'm not going to lie, if I can get a similar case for a fraction of the cost, I would. I'm all for supporting the little brother or the underdog, but at the end of the day it all depends on which product offers me the most for my money. Still, I hate to see Lazzer get shafted by FNW so I hope justice takes its course.
I highly doubt it that any company would be able to offer a full-aluminum case with all of these features
for much less than that, just look at the pricetags on the likes of the Luxa series by Thermaltake.

Either way, I think that this original idea is worth fighting for, and would be quite sad to see Lazzer just giving up
on it altogether after all of this time and effort. There has to be a way! :mad:

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Apperently Falcon Northwest, who when contacted was "uninterested in getting into the SFF market", has now built a system that's almost EXACTLY like what I showed them two years ago. So, anyone buying the Falcon can thank me for it. :) Now where's my lawyers number...

Sorry guys. There's just NO ROOM IN AMERICA for an entrepreneur. It takes one corporate theft to kill a dream.

I hope you get justice. If you don't then... Falcon Northwest is known for selling whole systems. I doubt they would hit the same market as you.. Unless you plan to sell whole systems, and not just the case. Plus Fnw isn't known for selling cheap stuff so you could actual under cut them, and still make out well based on there prices. If it's any help.. I like your brushed aluminum look better than there painted case. :toast:

Video Card(s) HD6870
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
Thanks everyone for all the support. It's always been very encouraging from day one to see so much interest in the project. I'm too far along to throw in the towel but it is a disappointment that FNW hit the streets with something before I finished. As far as pricing goes. My goal was to keep it below $200. I'd really like to see it come with the PSU for under $200 but that doesn't look like it's going to happen until I can get larger volumes of supplies. So, under $250~275ish with PSU, under $200 without. That's about where pricing stands for now.

I have documentation from 2008 when I was dabbling in the idea of this chassis and documentation on it's progress since then. There's price quotes, parts orders, and other legal history to prove that. It's my own mistake of going to FNW and Dell in the first place. Corporations don't like us little guys.

Norrec69

If you case came out before the x51 I wouldnt have bought it either. I love the form factor of these type of cases. Hope your case comes out.

strider999

First off, I love the concept and I am in the market for a small itx gaming rig case.

You said that v2 will have front usb ports and audio, and I cant stress how important that is for me as a gamer. I am constantly on ventrillo, mumble, gtalk, and skype, and I need front audio ports to plug my headset into. And I need to easily unplug it when I am not gaming.

If internal space is a concern, I would get rid of the optical drive bay completely. I havent used optical discs in forever, and I wouldnt mind getting an external dvd drive if I really need one. Space for hard drives is much better internal use than an optical drive, imo.

I just purchased an asrock z77e itx board and a xfx 7850 video card and i think they are beautiful pieces of hardware. A plexiglass "L" shaped window to show off the motherboard and video card would really be icing on the cake.

If you are also thinking about building other itx oriented cases, I would love to see what you come up with in regards to an itx case that fits a full length video card(~280+mm), atx or matx powersupply, and full sized cpu fan and heatsink, in a small form factor. The only case that really accomplishes this is the Abee T20R which is no longer manufactured and was only sold in japan. Abee acubic T20R

Video Card(s) HD6870
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
If you are also thinking about building other itx oriented cases, I would love to see what you come up with in regards to an itx case that fits a full length video card(~280+mm), atx or matx powersupply, and full sized cpu fan and heatsink, in a small form factor. The only case that really accomplishes this is the Abee T20R which is no longer manufactured and was only sold in japan. Abee acubic T20R

The model I've focused on can hold a 12" card (304.8mm). The chassis design is aimed at being thin vs. a cube. It will fit a OEM heatsink if that's what you mean by "full-sized". If you mean the large 120mm towers then no, they don't fit.

System Name Middleman
Processor i5-3570k @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Samsung 8GB 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7870
Storage WD Caviar Black 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Case Cooler Master Haf XM
Power Supply Corsair 800W
Software Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
Keep on kicking ass Lazzer, screw FNW and put me down for an order when you finish!

Video Card(s) HD6870
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
We're kicking ass that's for sure. My computer business (Titan Computers) is doing well and today I received the approval on the new location. :rockout: I've only been open for a few months and limited to 600sq-ft to work. The new location is right smack in the middle of downtown with 1700sq-ft to work with. Retail sales and service should blossom and help fund my goal of bringing the line of ITX chassis to market. I have a great partner working his but off to help make it happen.

As for the USB ports you've asked about... I can do 2 USB +phones/mic in front. You'll could choose between a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port set depending on the boards your using. I didn't want to leave out the 2.0 option for those still running perfectly capable older hardware. -OR- I'm still looking into it but if I can locate a 3.0 to 2.0 adaptor (on the motherboard side) I may simply equip 3.0 ports and include the adaptor. More cost effective that way. ;)

USB_3.0_2.0.jpg

System Name A black box
Processor AMD fx 8350
Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa ud3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Kingston hyperx 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus directcu top HD5850
Storage random 250gb
Display(s) Philips 190b3
Case antec 200 v2
Power Supply Silverstone 600w strider essentials plus
Software Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores I once tagged my school desk.
System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Why am I not subbed to this thread?

SUBBED!

Looks like it uses a power brick instead of an sfx psu. Whilst being a bit smaller i think it has a more narrow market than lazzers, because you can put in a 7970 or such, instead of being limited to a 180w brick. You gotta wonder though if he copied or not though? :confused:

I doubt they copied, I've wanted to build a case that's very similar for ages.

I just don't have access to the materials/tools/money.

Although I was planning on somehow jamming a full size PSU inside ( Without it's casing/fan etc)

Last edited:
i dont know if he got copied. there really isnt too many ways a person can make a small case like this. you either go horizontal or vertical. either it ends up looking like a shoebox, as what you see in sugo and shuttle cases, or it looks like nfc/titan.
i forgot to mention though, the guy building the nfc case commented he wont be selling them separately. i missed the part about the power brick. i never liked those.