• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rain Introduces New Event A2 Mini Audio Computer For Songwriters

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Rain Computers, world-renown designer of high performance audio, video and graphics workstations for clients including Conan O'Brien, Aerosmith and Disney has released the new version of it's popular Event Mini Audio Computer called Event A2 (A for audio, 2 because it's the second generation). This diminutive music maker - which starts at a diminutive $799 - is designed for songwriters in search of a digital scratch pad they can use to easily demo new songs and record ideas.

Like its predecessor, Event A2 is based on the latest dual- and quad-core APU technology designed by AMD for high-efficiency, great performance and a stunning visual display through its built-in Radeon HD graphics processor, part of the APU architecture.

Since finding that the musical community was hungry for a low price, entry level system still capable of being the most powerful and stable platform for popular creative software like Pro Tools and Cubase, Rain has been on the hunt for ever increasing levels of power and flexibility while maintaining a budget-friendly price for those who can do without the ultimate in power (and expense).

"There are a lot of us here at Rain, including myself, who come from the songwriting and performance side of the music biz. We don't need a super-power system to run a big studio; we're just looking for a solid computer that will get out of the way while we're doing a quick demo of a new song. That's the type of artist Event A2 is perfectly designed for." explained Rain Computers CEO, Kevin Jacoby.

Like all computers from Rain, Event A2 is tested and certified with the most popular creative software and hardware. Rain users are partial to names like Pro Tools, FL Studio, Cubase and the audio interface hardware that always go along with them.

Features of the second generation Event include the option for a powerful 2.6GHz quad-core processor, up to 16GB of 1600MHz memory, high speed Solid State Drive (SSD) technology by Corsair and a long list of other things you'd be surprised to find Rain could fit in a computer designed to fit on a bookshelf.

Right out of the box you're able to run two full size displays and the Windows 7 64-bit operating system is perfectly tuned for performance and stability. The only thing that's missing is the crippling bloatware included with off-the-shelf computers from Dell, Apple, HP and the likes. The new Event A2 is available now through the Rain Custom Shop as well as select Rain Authorized Dealers including Guitar Center, American Musical Supply, Amazon.com and Best Buy starting at $799 for the dual-core and $999 for a quad-core with 8GB of memory and a 500GB high performance hard drive.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

jtech

This is awesome!

I have a laptop by these guys. They know their S$%T when it comes to gaming, performance and pro media! Kudos to TPU for finally hearing about them!

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Nothing one of us couldn't build easily for much much cheaper. Onboard audio on an audio centered pc? Really?

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
Nothing one of us couldn't build easily for much much cheaper. Onboard audio on an audio centered pc? Really?
Anybody using this for it's intended purpose should have an external audio interface.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003

Agreed. This is very expensive considering the price is WITHOUT dedicated audio hardware. If you buy just this, you are using on board. To make this product anywhere decent, you need to buy dedicated pro audio hardware. But then you might as well use ANY PC or Mac. You'd get a lot more with a regular shuttle or silentPC or hushPC as your x86, and then add a decent low-latency external audio.

I find their claim "it just works" when you plug in the audio hardware rather a stretch. It has NOTHING to do with these guys but the compatibility of MS Windows and the audio drivers that come with the 3rd party hardware. HOW these guys can claim ease of use of THEIR product when it has nothing at all to do with what they are selling is indicating to me they are targetting a "dumb" and "gullible" section of the market.

jtech

As a studio owner, i can tell you first hand, you cant just go and buy an off the shelf system unless you know how to tune an OS (PC). Granted, we may, but most of my colleagues are petrified of a registry. My system by these guys had no crapware, and was set to run pro audio without latency spikes or dropouts. Not only that, they knew how to run and setup ProTools, my HD cards as well as my virtual instruments and plugins. cant get that from Dell. And as far as onboard audio, of course there is onboard sound. Find me a mobo that doesn't have onboard audio that's worth the silicone its made of.