• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Couple of questions about buying a GTX 660ti

Zaranell

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz (Quad-core)
Motherboard ASUS M3A76-CM
Memory 4GB DDR2
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 560
Case Some variety of Cooler Master
Power Supply ENERMAX NAXN 82+ 550W
Couple of questions about buying a GTX 660ti (ANSWERED)

Apparently, the GeForce forums have been down for months, and there's no indication of when they'll be back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find any help, but this forum seems like an excellent place for PC discussion. I'll have to keep it in mind next time I have any other issues. Now then, on to the reason I'm here:

As the title suggests, I plan on purchasing a GTX 660ti. It's more expensive than what I had originally planned to spend on a video card, but it comes with a Borderlands 2 coupon, which is the main reason I'm upgrading anyway. However, the requirement details on the Newegg store page lists a power supply unit with a minimum 450 watts. Much to my dismay, I opened up my case and discovered I only have a 420w PSU. I feel stupid for even asking this, but: is replacing my PSU absolutely necessary to safely run the card? I honestly have no idea how much of a difference 30 watts would make.

My second question is in regards to my CPU. It's an AMD Athlon II X2 245 (dual-core, 2.9GHz). I'm certain this will bottleneck the 660ti; does anyone have a guess as to how much? I plan on upgrading that component in the future, but I can't afford replacing both it and the video card right now. I've never tried overclocking my CPU before, but from what I've read, it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll just have to make sure I can manage the heat, since I don't know any particular cooling methods. Hopefully doing so will be enough to manage the bottleneck. I doubt I'll be able to play at max settings until I get a new processor, but considering that I've been playing on a GeForce 9500 GT for a couple of years, I think I manage "almost max" settings.

I have 4GB of RAM and a 1440x900 (I think about 17") monitor, if those make any difference. I don't know which motherboard I have, but I can look that up if that info is needed.

Last edited:

Black Mesa

Processor Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz
Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Memory Corsair 4gb single stick 1333
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Storage WD,Samsung,Segate 7200rpm Raid0
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Case Antec One Hundred
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Cooler Master RS460
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Linux 64bit
Benchmark Scores Pwns them all to hot for them pff !
Apparently, the GeForce forums have been down for months, and there's no indication of when they'll be back. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find any help, but this forum seems like an excellent place for PC discussion. I'll have to keep it in mind next time I have any other issues. Now then, on to the reason I'm here:

As the title suggests, I plan on purchasing a GTX 660ti. It's more expensive than what I had originally planned to spend on a video card, but it comes with a Borderlands 2 coupon, which is the main reason I'm upgrading anyway. However, the requirement details on the Newegg store page lists a power supply unit with a minimum 450 watts. Much to my dismay, I opened up my case and discovered I only have a 420w PSU. I feel stupid for even asking this, but: is replacing my PSU absolutely necessary to safely run the card? I honestly have no idea how much of a difference 30 watts would make.

My second question is in regards to my CPU. It's an AMD Athlon II X2 245 (dual-core, 2.9GHz). I'm certain this will bottleneck the 660ti; does anyone have a guess as to how much? I plan on upgrading that component in the future, but I can't afford replacing both it and the video card right now. I've never tried overclocking my CPU before, but from what I've read, it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll just have to make sure I can manage the heat, since I don't know any particular cooling methods. Hopefully doing so will be enough to manage the bottleneck. I doubt I'll be able to play at max settings until I get a new processor, but considering that I've been playing on a GeForce 9500 GT for a couple of years, I think I manage "almost max" settings.

I have 4GB of RAM and a 1440x900 (I think about 17") monitor, if those make any difference. I don't know which motherboard I have, but I can look that up if that info is needed.

You need a new CPU mate hopefully you're motherboard accepts a Phenom II x4 CPU then you can just get one of those and drop it straight into you're mobo easy. A 660ti is overkill for Boarderlands 2 so I recommend getting the Phenom II x4 CPU depending on if you're Mobo will accept it and a new GPU.

Phenom II 965

MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 (Ferm...

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
I'd say 420w is enough if it's a quality unit but by your wording I'm guessing that you own a pre-built, isn't it? (prebuilt = Dell, hp, Gateway, etc.)

I don't really know how those PSUs stand in relation to retail units but if that's the case I think upgrading the PSU would be a good choice since those PCs aren't meant to be upgraded. I think you could manage to put in an HD7750 without problem though.

Zaranell

Memory 4GB DDR2
I'm guessing that you own a pre-built
Correct; it's a CyberPower PC I bought about two years ago. Nice avatar, by the way.

You need a new CPU mate hopefully you're motherboard accepts a Phenom II x4 CPU then you can just get one of those and drop it straight into you're mobo easy. A 660ti is overkill for Boarderlands 2 so I recommend getting the Phenom II x4 CPU depending on if you're Mobo will accept it and a new GPU.
I remembered that for some reason, my pre-built came with the box for my motherboard, even though it was already installed. Thankfully, I kept the box in my garage on the off chance I would ever need it. Seems I currently have an ASUS M3A76-CM, and it actually has a logo for "AMD Phenom X4" right on the front. In addition, the Newegg page for that CPU you posted has an AM3 socket, which is the same as my old Athlon X2. I'm reasonably certain this means I should be able to install it with no problem.

I was reluctant to consider buying a new CPU, a new card, AND Borderlands 2, but it turns out I'll actually be saving money anyway, thanks to a combination of a promo offer and a mail-in rebate on those links you gave me. A 560 certainly won't be as powerful as a 660ti, but seeing as how it would have been bottlenecked, this will probably work out better anyway.

One last question: I've never installed a video card that came with separate power cables. I assume I just plug those into the mobo?

Last edited:

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
Correct; it's a CyberPower PC I bought about two years ago.

I remembered that for some reason, my pre-built came with the box for my motherboard, even though it was already installed. Thankfully, I kept the box in my garage on the off chance I would ever need it. Seems I currently have an ASUS M3A76-CM, and it actually has a logo for "AMD Phenom X4" right on the front. In addition, the Newegg page for that CPU you posted has an AM3 socket, which is the same as my old Athlon X2. I'm reasonably certain this means I should be able to install it with no problem.

I was reluctant to consider buying a new CPU, a new card, AND Borderlands 2, but it turns out I'll actually be saving money anyway, thanks to a combination of a promo offer and a mail-in rebate on those links you gave me. A 560 certainly won't be as powerful as a 660ti, but seeing as how it would have been bottlenecked, this will probably work out better anyway.

One last question: I've never installed a video card that came with separate power cables. I assume I just plug those into the mobo?

The CPU should just drop right into you're mobo however you may or my not need to flash the BIOS to the latest version in order to guarantee 100% compatibility as per Asus manufacture indications. http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/...tAM3,Quad-Core&pcb=1.00G&sincebios=1104&memo=
Installing a Video card is completely straight forward and is as easy as screwing in a light bulb. Just don't force it in and you will be fine LOL. Also make sure you hook up the power cables to the GPU when you instal it. That GTX 560 I linked is a BEAST and will max out Boarderlands 2 perfectly at over 60fps. Also that GTX 560 will play any game out on the market today will no fuss.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10

More powerful graphics cards will have additional power connecters. Your PSU should have connecters for that. You will need to plug them in otherwise your computer will start but will not display anything.

Zaranell

Memory 4GB DDR2
The CPU should just drop right into you're mobo however you may or my not need to flash the BIOS to the latest version in order to guarantee 100% compatibility as per Asus manufacture indications. http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/...tAM3,Quad-Core&pcb=1.00G&sincebios=1104&memo=
Installing a Video card is completely straight forward and is as easy as screwing in a light bulb. Just don't force it in and you will be fine LOL. Also make sure you hook up the power cables to the GPU when you instal it. That GTX 560 I linked is a BEAST and will max out Boarderlands 2 perfectly at over 60fps. Also that GTX 560 will play any game out on the market today will no fuss.
Excellent; I'm buying the card and CPU you linked me right now. Thanks for the help.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
Excellent; I'm buying the card and CPU you linked me right now. Thanks for the help.

Make sure you flash you're bios if need be to find out if you need to flash you're bios check to see if you are running Motherboard revision: 1.00G & BIOS revision: 1104 To check if you're motherboard is running these revisions look at this it shows you How to check your BIOS version & Motherboard version here -

http://support.asus.com/Repair.aspx?no=563&SLanguage=en

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
Make sure you flash you're bios if need be to find out if you need to flash you're bios check to see if you are running Motherboard revision: 1.00G & BIOS revision: 1104 To check if you're motherboard is running these revisions look at this it shows you How to check your BIOS version & Motherboard version here -

http://support.asus.com/Repair.aspx?no=563&SLanguage=en
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o607/headspin146/Desktop_2012_09_10_01_33_37_745-1.jpg
Once you get it all sorted and the new hardware installed you will be surprised Edit that you will actually be blown away by the performance and IQ you will gain coming from you're old setup.

Last edited:

Zaranell

Memory 4GB DDR2
Just updated the BIOS, as per your recommendation. Thanks a ton for that; this is my first time replacing a CPU, so it's not something I would have even thought about. The process was a tad scary, given that there was a chance I could fry my mobo if I screwed it up, but thankfully it was very quick and easy.

My new parts should be here within 5 days; I'll be sure to come back to these forums if I have any issues. Thanks again!

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
good luck on the upgrade but in a sense it was economical compared to scrapping the CPU and motherboard altogether.

Plus that board does support 8GB of 1066 DDR 2

Fastest CPU that board supports is a 965 BE. If you ever intend on overclocking the CPU get a non factory Cooler otherwise run the CPU at 3.4 GHz

Zaranell

Memory 4GB DDR2
If you ever intend on overclocking the CPU get a non factory Cooler otherwise run the CPU at 3.4 GHz
Yeah, I didn't really plan on overclocking it. I don't need 100+ frames per second in my games, so I think I'll be fine with the CPU's standard speed.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Nice combo! You'll enjoy that extra speed! :toast: Can you post back your PSU specs? Also, fill out your specs here. And Welcome to TPU! :toast:

Last edited:

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
Yeah, I didn't really plan on overclocking it. I don't need 100+ frames per second in my games, so I think I'll be fine with the CPU's standard speed.

My Phenom II x4 955 is OC @ 3.5Ghz so there is no need to OC the new 965 CPU IMHO. I am currently playing Bioshock2 and getting over 100fps as well in BFBC2 I am getting 80 to 100+fps on highest setting with 8x AA/AF and that's on a GTX 560SE on 32player server and my card is slower than the card you are getting. Also you're resolution is a bit lower than mine so with the more powerful GPU you will actually be seeing triple digit framerates in many games with maxed out settings LOL. The Msi TFII GTX 560 is no slouch.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
My Phenom II x4 955 is OC @ 3.5Ghz so there is no need to OC the new 965 CPU IMHO. I am currently playing Bioshock2 and getting over 100fps as well in BFBC2 I am getting 80 to 100+fps on highest setting with 8x AA/AF and that's on a GTX 560SE on 32player server and my card is slower than the card you are getting. Also you're resolution is a bit lower than mine so with the more powerful GPU you will actually be seeing triple digit framerates in many games with maxed out settings LOL. The Msi TFII GTX 560 is no slouch.

he isnt ocing. And moving from a2 to p2 gives a proven function in performance and thats l3 cache.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
he isnt ocing. And moving from a2 to p2 gives a proven function in performance and thats l3 cache.

Yup Phenom II x4 965 is a good CPU and upgrade for OP. Moving Forward .....

Last edited:
System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
I guess its a bit late to tell you the recommended gpu listed for Borderlands 2 was the 560TI, not the non-TI. The non-TI 660 should be coming out soon and hopefully cheaper than the 660TI by a decent amount if you feel the 560 isn't performing as well as you want it when you play the game... I would suggest a 7850/7870 but Borderlands 2 actually makes good use of PhysX. The 560 should still run it pretty well but you may not be able to crank settings to the max let alone at a higher res since its a 1GB card and not 2GB. Overall its a good upgrade.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
I guess its a bit late to tell you the recommended gpu listed for Borderlands 2 was the 560TI, not the non-TI. The non-TI 660 should be coming out soon and hopefully cheaper than the 660TI by a decent amount if you feel the 560 isn't performing as well as you want it when you play the game... I would suggest a 7850/7870 but Borderlands 2 actually makes good use of PhysX. The 560 should still run it pretty well but you may not be able to crank settings to the max let alone at a higher res since its a 1GB card and not 2GB. Overall its a good upgrade.

Check OPs resolution before you pop off.

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
Ok for one... i've read plenty of your posts and i have to say... I think your an A$$.

secondly... the information is based on the developers requirement.. not some res i think he's playing at.

Also... you're comparing much older games to a new upcoming top title.

Edit: I rechecked the requirements for the gpu and the recommended is the Base GTX560 not the TI so you were right to recommend that gpu... but I still think you could be a tad more polite in your posts.

for your reference...
http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/borderlands-2/system-requirements

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
What are you talking about ? the 965 is a good CPU and BC2 don't use much CPU it's all about the GPU in that game. OP will be seeing triple digit framerates in that game online 32 man. I honestly do not even notice a difference in framrates when OCing my CPU I just do it cause I can and it's real easy. Also I never commented about the L3 cache which is good on the Phenom II x4 965 with it's I think something like 6mb L3 or 8mb combined so ...

dude before jumping the gun i never said the 965 was bad. i only said he isnt overclocking. plus a cpu needs to be fast to send data to gpu otherwise the gpu idles and starves for data. no matter what gpu u have u want a fast cpu. btw arguing with senior members or other members here is grounds for being kicked out for days or banned. it be best to adjust your attitude and not be unprofessional in here. have a nice day.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
Ok for one... i've read plenty of your posts and i have to say... I think your an A$$.

secondly... the information is based on the developers requirement.. not some res i think he's playing at.

Also... you're comparing much older games to a new upcoming top title.

Edit: I rechecked the requirements for the gpu and the recommended is the Base GTX560 not the TI so you were right to recommend that gpu... but I still think you could be a tad more polite in your posts.

for your reference...
http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/borderlands-2/system-requirements

Remember in them recommendations they assume 1080P. OPs monitor is 1440x900P so he will be receiving even higher performance. Plus OP ordered an OCed Msi TFII GTX560 so he will get even more performance.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
dude before jumping the gun i never said the 965 was bad. i only said he isnt overclocking. plus a cpu needs to be fast to send data to gpu otherwise the gpu idles and starves for data. no matter what gpu u have u want a fast cpu. btw arguing with senior members or other members here is grounds for being kicked out for days or banned. it be best to adjust your attitude and not be unprofessional in here. have a nice day.

When you're wrong you're wrong. I have been in the PC arena for a long time and I am older than most around here so shh. Or are you saying senior member's can pop off what ever and when ever they please and walk with impunity no matter how erroneous they are ? Back on topic please. OP was doing just fine before you two came in here and started trolling me.

Huddo93

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus Z77 Deluxe-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory RipjawsX 8GB @ 2133MHz 11-11-11-30
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX670 SC @ 1300MHz core
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 256GB + 1TB Samsung HDD
Display(s) 23" LG W2343T
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply Corsiar AX-850
At 1440x900 the GTX560 will be heaps of power and I dont think will create a noticable bottleneck.

If by any chance, a Monitor upgrade is done in the near future thats when some problems may arise. I personally could not stand to game on anything smaller than 1920x1080/1200.

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
I would personally go for a GPU and PSU upgrade over getting the CPU changed.

Its all about the AMP's when it comes to your PSU, if it doesn't have enough AMP's for the card then its going to blow up.

Overall the best idea is to replace all three, but id go those two for the performance and cost.

Black Mesa

Motherboard Msi 870 G45
Cooling Hyper 212+
Video Card(s) GTX560SE
Case Antec One Hundred
At 1440x900 the GTX560 will be heaps of power and I dont think will create a noticable bottleneck.

If by any chance, a Monitor upgrade is done in the near future thats when some problems may arise. I personally could not stand to game on anything smaller than 1920x1080/1200.

I concur ^