• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma's USB card is not recognised correctly

I just recived Tactic 3D Sigma, I'm going to use it in multiplayer games, Skype, Team Spek etc. Unfortunatelly it's USB sound card is not recognised correctly by my computer. After installing drivers and restart, I have no sound, Creative control panel isn't starting, because he could not find compatibile device. In Control Panel/Sound I can't find any device, and in Devices and Printers ther is Tactic 3D Sigma, but it's unrecognised device...
I think the problem is from this, that I have Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 PCI sound card installed in the same time, in my rig. But I'm not going to uninstall it - I'm still using it, for listening music from speakers. I need installed this USB card to use earphones and microphone at tha same time. Don't know what to do, help :respect:

Main components of my rig: Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge, MSI mainboard (standard sound card drivers not installed); Windows 7 64 Home

Sorry for my language.

Maybe it is one of those absurd issues where you have to "plug in USB device BEFORE installing the drivers" or contrary "install drivers BEFORE connecting the USB device"....

Read the manual and their Forums, twit them, ask them. I have several, also USB, audio devices at the same time and it works like a charm. Just in case make sure that you do DEactivate the onboard sound in BIOS in order to delete optional conflicts.

And being a Destructive product, pray... pray a lot... because once in a decade they release good drivers....

I tried this but it's not working... Support told me to reinstall drivers and... install the newest version from their site. Not working :banghead:
I just installed drivers to the mainboard's Realtek chip, but i think that THX USB card is better for my earphones, so I still want to install it...

I gave up. Now using the headphones with mainboard's sound card. But I still want to have voice module effects included with the standard Sigma's driver. Any ideas for free software doing dynamic voice modulation?

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
You removed the other sound drivers 1st? I would uninstall all sound drivers then put the card in with nothing installed.. Let windows try to automatically do it.. If it doesn't, use the installation CD.

Yes I was deleting all sound software before plugging USB card, but without possitive result. Only one method, I wasn't checking was phisically uninstall Audiotrak card, bot I'm actually to lazy to do it :ohwell:

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Yes I was deleting all sound software before plugging USB card, but without possitive result. Only one method, I wasn't checking was phisically uninstall Audiotrak card, bot I'm actually to lazy to do it :ohwell:

If you have onboard audio, you should disable it in BIOS before uninstalling the old drivers and re-installing the new.

Just in case make sure that you do DEactivate the onboard sound in BIOS in order to delete optional conflicts.
Yes, yes, I was trying this. Next week I will have acces to another computer, then I'll chcech the headphones again. Maybe the USB card is broken?