• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

World's Biggest Multi-Touch Wall Unveiled

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MultiTouch Ltd, developer of the world's first modular multi-touch LCD screen for large-scale displays, today announced that its ground-breaking MultiTaction Cell displays have been used in the construction of the world's largest multi-touch interactive wall. The wall, which comprises 24x 55" MultiTaction Cells, was built by UK-based Engage Production Ltd for a renowned global company providing advice on business advancement, and forms part of a fully integrated and unique communications facility.

The City of London-based client commissioned an 'Executive Brand Suite' that would enable communications through an array of state-of-the-art equipment, and showcase the rapid speed at which the consumer is changing as a result of the lightning-fast rate of technological development. The multi-touch wall is at the heart of this innovative build and at a whopping 9.9m x 2.1m - 3m high including the base - the sheer scale of the finished product is nothing short of breathtaking.

MultiTaction technology is the only multitouch product available that satisfied the requirements of the client. Engage looked at six competing technologies, but only MultiTaction was suitable, satisfying requirements of space, budget and delivery. As well as the 'stackability' required for such a large installation, they demanded fast response times (MultiTaction tracks at 200 frames per second), multiple - unlimited - users and market-leading tracking features.

In addition, the wall needed to run smoothly with the bespoke applications that were written for it - and MultiTouch's Cornerstone SDK allows for ultra-smooth, high-resolution rendering with a native panel resolution of approximately 50 megapixels.

"At MultiTouch, we constantly endeavour to make our devices the best they can possibly be," explains Petri Martikainen, CEO of MultiTouch. "I firmly believe that MultiTaction offers the ultimate in multi-touch technology and it is a privilege to see our products used on such a huge scale in what must be not only the world's biggest but also the world's most technologically advanced multi-touch wall."

The Executive Brand Suite facility was the brainchild of Engage Production Ltd, leading supplier and integrator of cutting-edge technologies, and Europe's foremost MultiTaction reseller, developer and integrating partner. Tasked with creating some of the most technologically advanced solutions currently available, Engage was eager to make the multi-touch wall central to the design of the facility.

"We know the importance our client places on delivering crucial and relevant presentations in an entertaining and engaging way," explains Steve Blyth, director of Engage Production Ltd. "The installation of such a huge videowall as a central feature not only reflects that ethos but also creates an unforgettable visual impact."

Though comprising 24x 55" displays, the wall functions as one unit whilst interacting with external tablet devices. It plays a central role in the delivery of the client's services, delivering high quality interactive presentations. The wall features an ultra-fast gesture tracking rate of 200 frames per second, high brightness and can operate in variable lighting conditions. Unlike similar devices, MultiTaction Cells can track multiple concurrent interaction methods including hands, optical markers and real life objects. The recent addition of MultiTaction IR pen software, allows common infrared pens to be used as an additional input method.

MultiTaction Cell technology, recently shortlisted for Interactive Presentation Product of the Year 2012 by AV Magazine, is based on MultiTouch's patented optical imaging technology, Computer Vision Through Screen (CVTS). Providing the world's most advanced set of touch, gesture, and object recognition capabilities, they are full HD displays which can accommodate unlimited numbers of touch points and an unlimited number of concurrent users with full hand recognition.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I find it uninspiring that the people promoting "multitouch" can do NOTHING MORE ORIGINAL than show pinch, rotate and zoom video. For heavens sake. I would be P*SS*D if I was watching "wonky" video and I had to move, pinch and rotate it. It really is time these people were fired and they found more inspiring creatives.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
To much bezel!! The hugest problem with any screen...

System Name my box
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi x470 Ultimate
Cooling NZXT Kraken x72
Memory 2×16GiB @ 3200MHz, some Corsair RGB led meme crap
Video Card(s) AMD [ASUS ROG STRIX] Radeon RX Vega64 [OC Edition]
Storage Samsung 970 Pro && 2× Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB in Raid 1
Display(s) Asus VG278H + Asus VH226H
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black TG
Audio Device(s) Using optical S/PDIF output lol
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Razer Naga Epic
Keyboard Keychron Q1
Software Funtoo Linux
Benchmark Scores 217634.24 BogoMIPS
Biggest problem with such huge touchscreen setups IMO:

Motion sensing console controllers tried to make people wave their hands around. They succeeded... sort of.
But to make me [or other people] walk around the room waving hands with fingers jammed into a wall, just to, lets say: rearrange four small windows, each positioned at the edges of the said "wall". No eff-ing way!!! :wtf:
Better give me laser pointer or something :p

popswala

System Name Deep Space // Black Mystery
Processor AMD Phen II X4 945 oc'd 3.4GHz // I7 870 oc'd 4.0GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 AM3+ // MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Corsair H50 w/ x2 gelid wing blue 120mm // Tt Frio OCK
Memory G. Skill Snipers DDR3 1600 2x4GB // G.Skill Tridents DDR3 2000 2x2GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 275 // eVGA GTX 460 SC 768mb oc'd (830/1620/2000
Storage Seagate 1TBx2 7200.12 /1.5TB/500GB/750GB // Mushkin Collistro 60GB
Display(s) LG 23" 2353v-pf 1920x1080p // None
Case Tt Chazer MK-1 // NZXT Phantom black modded
Audio Device(s) Logitech G51 5.1 // None
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850w // Corsair HX1000W
Software Win 7 Ult X64 // Win 7 Ult X64
Benchmark Scores Crunching & Folding 24/7 Help Save Lives!!!
This is nothing more then a bunch of touch screen monitors. Would be better if it was actually a huge 1 piece screen that size. But then the whole interface options is soo 2004.

C'mon on folks. This is the twens era. We need better stuff then this.