• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

nikc

Hyper Sli

By the way my pc specs:

ASUS P5Q PREMIUM (P45) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5Q_Premium/
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8400
ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 1GB X2http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX550_Ti_DCDI1GD5/#overview
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT

Version 8.0 is installed fine but my system can not run SLI with 306.97 driver so i tried to install version 9.0 and it shows me "Unable to get boot information" also the option information shows me Windows XP(BIOS Based).:mad:

Now i have 2 cards on the motherboard but only 1 card is working properly and the other justs working but it shows nothing.:mad:

Do you have any ideas how to run the version 9 and to enable sli on my motherboard??:confused:

Please somebody help me :cry:

Attachments

• scrn-50685d03.png
    scrn-50685d03.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 491
  • scrn-50685d42.png
    scrn-50685d42.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 667
  • scrn-50685d84.png
    scrn-50685d84.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 635
  • scrn-50685da5.png
    scrn-50685da5.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 625
  • nvidia.png
    nvidia.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 681
  • 13102012915.jpg
    13102012915.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 13102012916.jpg
    13102012916.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:

trol_dad

Windows 8 x64 RTM

Hello, Can we get a Windows 8 version of hyperSLI ? Battlefield 3 and other games run's much better on windows 8 and it's sad to not be allowed to have SLI activated on it.

When installing HyperSLI on it, we get a strange boot error message, It seems, the problem is windows 8 use a different boot loader than windows 7, but i think it's not hard to makes hyper sli work on windows 8, it's nearly the same OS as windows 7.

Windows 8 is officialy released soon and the RTM is already Out, why not give it a try, makes hypersli work on it ? Pleeeaaase , it's not a bad OS.

Mykee36

New Nvidia 306.97 driver

Just downloaded and installed the 306.97 drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.

Driver is more for the release of Windows 8 and not much else different from 306.23 but I wanted it for added SLI support for the game Medal of Honor Warfighter that comes out the in couple of weeks.

i7 2600k
Windows 7
Motherboard: ASROCK P67 Pro3 SE

Huh, I couldn't install it. I tried a few times last night maybe I need to uninstall then install or maybe its just my os or.... my old cards. Well at least now I know to try some more...... hope this doesn't end up in a reinstall. Great nvidia forums is down. Seems like last couple years every few months I'm having to play with these drivers.......

Last edited:

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Hi, I confirm the new 306.97 are working fine on my crosshair IV formula.
A complete uninstall and cleaning of the old drivers with driver sweeper is always highly recommended.

Mordecai Walfish

Hi, I confirm the new 306.97 are working fine on my crosshair IV formula.
A complete uninstall and cleaning of the old drivers with driver sweeper is always highly recommended.

Doesnt a clean install wipe your nvidia control panel profiles? I know you can manually save particular ones with nvidia inspector but I always wondered if there was an easier way..

You know for years now I have been installing every driver release and I never had a problem(with it installing or it was easily fixable via uninstall or some little detail that needed a change). This is the first time I went and cleaned them I did it straight after I made my last post. My drivers were always a little funny unless on a clean install. They always seemed to work before, but I guess cleaning drivers is necessary every single time you install. Guess I've got a new way to install drivers now. Really is cleaner one of those things you think you don't really need to do. I always saw other people saying they did it and never really paid attention thinking they were a little anal. Nope one of those you have to do it things. Interesting..... I wonder how much layered drivers with hanging old dlls really decreases performance. I need to roll back and test a clean 306.23 vs a clean 306.97 to really have a basis for comparison but these 306.97s are really really clean now. Looks like I've got some tweaking play to do tomorrow something I really haven't had to look forward to in years(I am a tweak addict). Maybe I can put my nvdisp tweaks back in. Too tired to do it tonight tho ran around shopping all day im tired.

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts

nikc

Hyper Sli

A, guys something happened and the SLI option appeared with the new version of nvidia drivers :confused: and i ran some games like witcher 2, battlefield 3, sleeping dogs, darksiders 2 and the screen is flickering every time i play game and as i said i have installed version 8 instead of 9 because every time i'm going to install it is appears "Unable to get boot information"

* Except for FIFA 12 which is working fine without flickering :confused:

1)I tried to set the hdmi cable on the second card but it didn't work with SLI.

2)When i disable the SLI the one card works properly without flickering.

3)VT-x is enabled but it's flickering again with SLI.:banghead:

Help please:cry:

Attachments

• screenfoto.png
    screenfoto.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:

opieum

I tried version 0.9 on Windows 8RTM and Windows Server 2012 Standard with no success. I get errors when booting up into that option. I assume this has to do with the secure boot option? I havent done much checking but will need to. Is there a HyperSLI in the works for Win8/2012? I assume this error could be due to a kernel change? I will post up the error later today that I got when making the attempt. Using the hypersli boot entry results in a system error OR windows going into startup repair mode.

UPDATE: I found a potential solution. Could be due to adding in the TESTSIGNING : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553484(v=vs.85).aspx I will try it tonight and post back results. Since it happened at boot I am not sure this would matter much. BUT it could make a difference. This can also be useful. https://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/

Again all things to try tonight. I really would love to have SLI again. I have a Supermicro X7DWA-N running dual Xeons 5462@2.8GHZ each with Dual Geforce 460SE. And a Geforce 610 for my 3 monitor setup (with primary on SLI) and 16GB of ram. I would love to see this work as it was phenomenal on server 2008R2. However now I have a better looking OS and phenomenal performance with Windows server 2012. So HyperSLI is the only main blocker here.

At any rate I am working to find my own fix/workaround. If its the test signing (which I will report back later on) then at least we have something. I imagine in .10 HyperSLI the testmode would be added in?

Last edited:

opieum

No dice. Disabling driver signing did not do the trick. I guess this goes alot deeper than just a simple hack. I assume the kernel has been changed in a way that the app needs to be updated to? I tried and got a 0x00000100 error on boot. Regular boot option still works. I will try again and post results. I dont expect much. But I will report back what I find.

Last edited:

opieum

Well nothing I have tried worked. I assume as this is a new kernel and all that it will be some time before an update is released.

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
Hello,
I recently updated to the newest driver available, 306.97, and I'm having some flickering in a few games. I'm using the latest HyperSLI.
Any solution ?
Also noticed that sometimes the games use the full power of my cards but other times the fps is just stuck at like 45-50 and wont go up or down not even if I pick the lowest settings

Thanks

Last edited:

opieum

Downgraded back to 2008r2. The loss of SLI and there are a number of crashes on my system despite really low temps on the system that were not there. Not having SLI is a real dealbreaker for me to use 2012 for now.

I was concerned heat was the issue but my video card temps are as low as they can get 35c idle 55 load and CPU is pretty much the same.

mortify

How?!

When i try to boot into Windows 8 x64 HyperSLI i get the following error:

PC needs to reboot:
error 0x00000100

SamFox88

absolutely nothing ...
1-download windows 8 Preview 64-bit from the official site. installed
2-installed the latest drivers 306.97
3-I did the updates to windows 8 (I do not know whether it can be the cause)
4-Hyper-installed Sli 0.9

I did not think it would work but I wanted to do the same test and the result is seen

Mordecai Walfish

absolutely nothing ...
1-download windows 8 Preview 64-bit from the official site. installed
2-installed the latest drivers 306.97
3-I did the updates to windows 8 (I do not know whether it can be the cause)
4-Hyper-installed Sli 0.9

I did not think it would work but I wanted to do the same test and the result is seen

Samfox it would be helpful if you listed your motherboard and graphics card models as well, so we know what hardware configurations currently are working and which are encountering issues.

Congrats on getting HyperSLI working! I see You have a similar system to mine (AMD 555BE dual-core unlocked to B55 quad-core 3.6ghz) :cool:

SamFox88

Samfox it would be helpful if you listed your motherboard and graphics card models as well, so we know what hardware configurations currently are working and which are encountering issues.

Congrats on getting HyperSLI working! I see You have a similar system to mine (AMD 555BE dual-core unlocked to B55 quad-core 3.6ghz) :cool:

happy to help
my configuration is as follows

ASrock 870 extreme3 2.0 am3+
CPU Amd Phenome II 560 x2 with release of core x4 B60
Schede Video: Gainward GTX470 1280 gddr5 Asus ENGTX470 1280 gddr5

You don't have to go back to 2008r2 you just have to try Windows 8 Release Preview off msdn public download(get the iso version not the installer that way you can install to efi if you need to). I was getting freezes and stutters before with Windows 8 RP, but now that I cleaned my drivers and installed 306.97 everything seems much cleaner and precise now. Windows 8 RTM doesn't have aero anyway tho it may be a little bit faster and cleaner overall. Loving this install for games only problem I have with this install is in CS:GO I can't mic up when dead not even to other dead people(I know you can't talk to other live players) weirdest bug I've ever seen tried a reinstall verify everything short of reinstalling the os. Anyway offtopic SLI works allot better/smoother more seamless when you clean your drivers with driversweeper(tho it sure is annoying how many times you have to reboot to install drivers now I thought windows 7 eliminated that now I have to reboot once for driver sweeper and once for the nvidia driver install too(not sure why the last few drivers since 304 that is necessary....)).

opieum

The release preview wont get updates. I will stick with 2008R2 for now until it just works. With RTM for both server 2012 and win8 out Id rather just wait until it is working. I prefer to run server OSes for my workloads as it works great for gaming AND for the workloads I also run on top of it.

What is a windows security update going to do for you... about nothing. Install NOD32 if its going to be a gaming rig. The whole point of being on windows 8 is new binaries(compiled with better code and better compiler) running on slimmed down code with enhanced kernel design. Windows 7 aka 2008r2 is slower and has too many services and laggy and or crap graphics. Also you can tune the registry to make the consumer version of windows just as fast as the server version do you know which keys those are?

dbl219

EDIT: Never mind, it was just my Malwarebytes blocking the download site. Now how do I delete this post...?

On another note, thank you so much for all your hard work on HyperSLI!