• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer's Newest Consumer Desktops; Big Power, Smart Ergonomics

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Acer America today has delivered savvy new consumer desktops for customers in the U.S. The new Acer Aspire ME and XC Series feature Windows 8, a savvy new ergonomic design and all the essentials for personal productivity and digital entertainment. Available in two sizes, the Acer Aspire ME Series micro towers are made for those desiring a power-packed workhorse with ample room for upgrades, while the Aspire XC Series small form factor (SFF) desktops are built for those looking to save space.

Acer's latest desktops sport an aesthetically-pleasing black chassis that provides handy cable management. All buttons are located on the front or top of the system for easy access and making the system both left and right hand neutral. "We've retooled our latest Aspire desktops to deliver ample power and practical features in a stylish, understated chassis that will appeal to a wide range of users," said Irene Chan, senior business manager of consumer desktops for Acer America. "Combined with Windows 8, the new Acer desktops are ideal for use as a central entertainment hub for an entire household as well as a student requiring a robust system for homework and social media."

Acer Aspire ME Series -- Expandable Workhorses
Featuring leading technology, components and performance, the new Acer ME Series desktops offer room for expansion and excel at handling advanced applications, including rich HD entertainment. The new chassis design has a convenient recess desk on top with a non-slip surface for charging smartphones and cameras. This recess desk also provides two USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports, handy cable management and microphone and headphone jacks.
Powerful features, including Intel Core i7 or Core i5 processors harness speed and efficiency. Combined with up to 10GB DDR3 memory that can be expanded to 16GB, these systems deliver excellent system response for multitasking and running the latest multi-threaded applications. The series also boasts up to 2TB hard drives and on some models, discrete graphics.

Ample expansion is available with two open PCI-E x1 slots for adding a sound, graphics or RAID card and an open PCI-E x16 slot for a video card. The systems have two 3.5-inch "easy swap" expansion bays, which can be accessed without opening the chassis or using a tool. There is also an available optical drive bay. Offering excellent connectivity, this series is outfitted with Bluetooth 4.0 HS for wirelessly connecting peripherals and digital devices. These models also come with a total of four USB 3.0 ports and eight USB 2.0 ports. Both an HDMI and VGA port are provided to enable connection to two displays simultaneously.

Acer Aspire XC Series -- Slim Space-Savers
Just one third the size of a traditional PC, the Acer Aspire XC Series desktops take up little space while providing flexibility and scalability. Perfect for home computing and entertainment, the Acer XC Series desktops offer a space-saving form factor and excellent ergonomics. The optical door flips open when the eject button is pressed to protect the drive from dust and potential damage when not in use.

This practical series offers up to an Intel Core i3 2130 processor and 6GB memory, plenty of power for enjoying the latest movies, editing videos, touching up photos and even playing casual games. These slim desktops offer up to 1TB hard drives for storing a huge archive of applications and data. There is an HDMI port for connecting to a display with just one cable and up to eight USB 2.0 ports for connecting to printers, external storage, digital cameras and more.

Both Series -- All the Essentials
The systems provide high-definition audio with 5.1-channel audio support to enhance music and movies with crystal-clear sound. The convenience of a SuperMulti optical drive is provided for backing up favorite photos and data. They also come with two stereo speakers, a keyboard and mouse.

As with all Acer systems, both consumer desktop series come with AcerCloud, enabling users to share music, photos, videos and documents on the PC with all other devices. If the PC is in sleep mode, the AcerCloud wakes it up. The PC is always connected, so content can be accessed via AcerCloud anytime, anywhere.

Pricing and Availability
Both desktop series feature a one-year warranty. The manufacturer suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the Acer Aspire ME Series begin at $649.99 and for the Aspire XC Series start at $399.99. Both series will be available at leading retailers in the U.S. on Oct. 26, 2012.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Those speakers look cool

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
i like the case

Yeah, I like... it's a little smarter. I like the idea of spot/tray on top that's there to hold phones/Mp3/Cameras to sync, download and charge. Have USB ports right in the tray area so shorty USB wire adapters don't add to add clutter.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
can it lift? nope