• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EW-7416APn v2 Problems

mangusbrother

Ok so i have the following setup:
A C-net CWR 935 router connected to the internet with DHCP server enabled
And a Edimax EW-7416APn v2, set as a repeater, with same SSID and channel.
Now. When the DHCP server on the repeater is disabled i can access webpages, when it is enabled i cannot.
However, when it is disabled, some specific pages are refusing to connect. (eg: gmail.com, or facebook.com after entering login credentials)

Any idea on the source of the problem?

I would simply like to have the repeater extend the range of the router. I want several devices such as mobiles, game consoles, laptops to connect wirelessly.

temp02

First off use a different channel on the repeater and also disable DHCP on the repeater (DHCP should have nothing to do with external connections).

As for the "refuse to connect" issues on some websites after login, there seems to be some issue with either the router (not forwarding HTTPS/SSL requests/responses) or the repeater is not properly set as one.

mangusbrother

If the repeater is pulled out of the network the websites work so it's not a problem with the router settings
as for repeater settings i simply used the install wizard on the cd. It simply asks for which connection to repeat and what to set the SSID etc.
i'll try changing the channel to a different channel. But i don't think i saw any options regarding forwarding HTTPS/SSL requests.

mangusbrother

Update:
changed the channel
Now however the connection refuses to access any websites
i also could no longer access the router setting page using the ip.