• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Project Phaze

Ronanc

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel 3960x @ 5.6ghz
16GB Team Xtreem 2133mhz
Asus gtx 680 DCII Top hotwired @ 1465mhz with EK backplate
Bitspower fittings
Phobya g-changer 480
Phobya fans
140mm Silver wings fan
120mm Noiseblocker pro
Corsair AX1200i+ Sleeving kit
EK 4.0 pump + multi option Res
Zalman fan controller
Sennhieser Xense soundcard
Ocz Vertex 3

Mods:
LD Phase change cooling unit

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice setup, maybe its not the absolutelly prettiest one (i give you 8/10 for looks) but pretty extreme :) I like the phase-change cooling, how did you made it? What are the temperatures at full load on CPU and what about the power consumption during gaming?

Ronanc

Hi m8. Thank you for your comments.

I am more after raw power than looks :) although it does look very well with the windowed panel on. Will add final picture later.

As for the phase unit. It is made by LD. Temps on idle are -45c. Full load -36c :)
The phase unit draws 300watts (has its own psu) rest of system around 6-700watts.

I only use it for folding/benching/gaming for normal use i use a laptop.

Ranse

I voted 10/10 because:

I am giving you a 10 to offset the idiot that gave you a 4

Ronanc

thanks Ranse.

I thought about not posting it on here because there are always these jelous people that give low scores for nice hardware that they can't have.

but mainly posted here to give others idea's and maybe some people never heard of phase change so they might get into it after seeing my build :)

Ranse

Phase Cooling is uncommon and expensive

thanks Ranse.

I thought about not posting it on here because there are always these jelous people that give low scores for nice hardware that they can't have.

but mainly posted here to give others idea's and maybe some people never heard of phase change so they might get into it after seeing my build :)

Do you have any problems with freon leakage or is the system closed like a refrigerator you find in the kitchen. The compressor looks very similar.

A yes even my Antec 900 case was suddenly struck by jealousy and rated with the same 4 with no explanation.

Ronanc

no problems with leakage :) its all sealed. maintenance free for years

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Very nice looking rig. I really dig the phase change cooling. Is condensation an issue at all? I can imagine frost would start to build up at temperatures that low.

Ronanc

hi Aquinus. no problems with condensation once the motherboard is insulated properly, this is done in a layed fashion with art eraser putty and armaflex insulation. the main thing is to keep the socket area air tight, without air there is no chance for condensation to develop