• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming PC Releases 4.6 GHz Windows 8 Gaming Rig Codename "The Beast"

gamingpcca

Thanks you for your interest

I'm Eric from Gaming PC and I'm happy to answer a few questions & comments.

First, thanks for checking out our Beast machine. It's mind-blowingly fast.. but of course, no one is really debating that!

Now for the comments.

Agreed. Do I really want to spend $5000 with a company that doesn't employ a fluent English speaker to do English language PR?

You're completely right! We are Quebec-based company and our team speaks French natively. That said, we are all fluent in English and are happy to speak English with all our customers. (which is approximately 95% of the time!)

When we do press releases (once in a blue moon, when we have a cool new product), we do employ outsourced help (We're busy making computers, not doing press releases!) and we'll make sure the next one utilizes proper grammar!

THE BEAST and then they give it an integrated sound card.
Yes! We can explain this decision.

First... have you heard the sound quality that comes from the Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard? It's 7.1 sound and it's damned good. In the past, when we used to include an extra sound card, we would get support calls & emails from customers plugging in their speakers into the wrong holes (they would use the sound inputs built into the motherboard instead of the sound card)

It also gives us the flexibility of doing crazier things like adding 4 videocards, having PCI-express solid state drives and adding other professional cards to the system (available via request).

If you want it, then it's available as an option! If you want it, you can just add it (best of both worlds!)

64GB of ram??? we can cut 20-30% of the cost of the build if we go with 8GB or 16GB

Hah, we wish! Ram really isn't that expensive these days and 64 gigs of ram gives you all the memory you can wish for... and some bragging rights. While everyone else is doing 32 gigs of ram for their gaming machine, we figured we'd give it 64. It's going to be the standard in a few years anyways, so why not have it now ?

This PC here is a lot better then most of the members here at TPU there is very little room to improve unless you go with a 3960X, more SSDs, more ram (if possible) dual CPU or Quad SLI/crossfire.

Thanks, and exactly. (This machine already has QUAD sli and has the maximum amount of ram)

We use a custom watercooling system to clock the CPU at 4.6Ghz (and offer a warranty on it). (We tested the 3960 and it gave the exact same overclocking results) so we're very happy with the machine. The only way an 'enthusiast' can build something faster is by using expensive phase-change cooling and even then, the difference would be negligible.

Our experience is on phase-change (-30 degrees celcius), the highest 24/7 stable speeds we would recommend were 4.8-5.1Ghz and it's really not worth the hassle. You have to build/buy a $1000+ phase changing system, worry about condensation on all your components, have special CPU blocks, etc.

So in the end, we stick with the highest quality water cooling systems we can put together and clock the machines as fast as possible.

We've tested dozens of options so far and this is by far the best solution for gamers that want the fastest machine available.

2 690's for single monitor gaming... 64GB of ram for gaming... Ooof.
Most of our customers actually use 2-3 computer monitors (they already have them). Having this much power allows you to do much more than just play games.

Some of our pro-gaming customers use our machines to both game AND stream at the highest quality simultaneously. If you want to stream at the highest quality and run a graphic intensive game (such as Farcry 3), then you best have a fast machine to be able to render/encode on the fly!

We're happy to provide solutions that can do both.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Hah, we wish! Ram really isn't that expensive these days and 64 gigs of ram gives you all the memory you can wish for... and some bragging rights. While everyone else is doing 32 gigs of ram for their gaming machine, we figured we'd give it 64. It's going to be the standard in a few years anyways, so why not have it now ?

Sir, no disrespect but if you check the specs of 50 or even 100 TPU members machines and members of other hardware forums you will find out that probably less then 1% of the gaming/enthusiast/enthusiast gamer community etc etc community has 32GB ram let alone need anything close to 32GB for a gaming machine which this is being marketed as.

The average amount of ram that most people have is 8 or 16GB. In some rare cases even 24GB. Just because you can load out a PC with the maximum amount of ram that is physically possible DOESNT make it any more or less of a capable gaming machine then one that has 8 or 16GB. Maybe in certain situations it would apply - Some games load up loads of textures. long sessions of ARMA II can sometimes eat up all 8GB of my ram.

If you honestly think going from 8 or 16GB to 64GB makes any real world difference to gaming let alone real world difference then I will not be one of those people who is going to purchase one of your machines.

Processor Intel i7-3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V LX
Cooling GeminII S524
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
Video Card(s) R9 290 with NZXT G10
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb, 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda, 3TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" Achieva Shimian
Case NZXT Switch 810
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
Sir, no disrespect but if you check the specs of 50 or even 100 TPU members machines and members of other hardware forums you will find out that probably less then 1% of the gaming/enthusiast/enthusiast gamer community etc etc community has 32GB ram let alone need anything close to 32GB for a gaming machine which this is being marketed as.

The average amount of ram that most people have is 8 or 16GB. In some rare cases even 24GB. Just because you can load out a PC with the maximum amount of ram that is physically possible DOESNT make it any more or less of a capable gaming machine then one that has 8 or 16GB. Maybe in certain situations it would apply - Some games load up loads of textures. long sessions of ARMA II can sometimes eat up all 8GB of my ram.

If you honestly think going from 8 or 16GB to 64GB makes any real world difference to gaming let alone real world difference then I will not be one of those people who is going to purchase one of your machines.

I don't know if most people who purchase this class of machines definitively care for real-world regardless.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'm Eric from Gaming PC and I'm happy to answer a few questions & comments.

Hi Eric. Please send W1zzard a PM, and get your ID confirmed, might go a long way in helping other identify you in this context.

I want 64 GB, and I game more than anything else. The extra ram would be used for ram-drive for FRAPs recording.

Thing is, I can justify every single component here. Nobody really needs quad SLI, either. I've already posted pics of my rig, with a single 7950, playing BF3 perfectly fine @ 3600x1920,across three screens.

Every single part of this rig is overkill. That is the whole point, period. I can understand that...easily.

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
I'd kill for 64gbs ram too! I use up my 24 easily... disk caches, ram disks ect. The ram is the cheapest part of this system, why not 64gbs? I remember when people here used to say "why would you ever need more than 4gbs ram?".

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

gamingpcca

The machine is overkill for most purposes but as someone stated, so is a Ferrari or a Lambo. However, when you take advantage of it's full potential, it really shines and puts a smile on your face. (Same with the cars)

We have professional gamers streaming in the highest quality and this really takes advantage of ram/processing power. It's not uncommon for our customers to have Firefox open with 30 tabs+, Skype, MSN, Antivirus, Xsplit for streaming in 1920x1080 and Starcraft II, LoL, Farcry running on Ultra settings.

That's pretty much the standard load... if they are multi-tasking they might also have Photoshop, Reason, etc open at the same time. (Some of our clients are Djs, architects and so on)

Quad SLI... hah, yes that's more than what you need right now. But then again, if you want the fastest FPS and want to be 'future-proofed', then it's a great way to go. This is designed to be the ultimate gaming machine... and it does a pretty good job at it.

$6580 vs $7700 == a good deal in New Zealand.

I did some research. If I were to buy all the parts for that rig, they'd cost me ~$7700(NZD) or $6412(USD) and I didn't include the cost of the water-cooling. It must be CPU only for the "basic" $5484(USD) edition because the GPU cooling is listed as an optional extra for $642.02(USD).

New Zealand prices are generally higher even with the currency conversion, so you could prolly get the parts quite a bit cheaper in the States and Canada, but that rig would be a good deal in New Zealand at $6580(NZD). I paid a lot more for my current four year old build. The NZD was very sickly back then at sixty something cents (USD). But, thanks to your government's continuing incompetence, the value of US paper money is eroding faster than ours and the Chinese government is daft enough to keep the Yuan pegged to it.

Hi Eric. Please send W1zzard a PM, and get your ID confirmed, might go a long way in helping other identify you in this context.

I want 64 GB, and I game more than anything else. The extra ram would be used for ram-drive for FRAPs recording.

You must record little snippets with Fraps because 1920x1200 recordings would fill that up in a gnat's fart, although possibly an extremely long gnat's fart, but short by human standards.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
We have professional gamers streaming in the highest quality and this really takes advantage of ram/processing power. It's not uncommon for our customers to have Firefox open with 30 tabs , Skype, MSN, Antivirus, Xsplit for streaming in 1920x1080 and Starcraft II, LoL, Farcry running on Ultra settings.

I've run games with multiple windows in the background of Chrome with 20-25 tabs a pop along with virtual machines and a game and I can tell you that I've never exceeded 14Gb of ram (in the most extreme of cases with the page file disabled). 64gb is overkill for any non-server purpose. A gamer in the next 3 years will never need that much and you would be better off investing in half as much memory that runs faster rather than focusing on amount. Also fully loading the IMC will not enable memory to overclock as well either. There are a lot of things about this PC that makes me think that someone with a stock i5 3570 and 8Gb of DDR3-1600 will run just as well as this rig if it has the same video cards in it. This is big, expensive, and has e-peen written all over it when it doesn't actually improve a gamer's experience. Unless I'm crunching or benchmarking, my 3820 feels just as responsive at 3.8ghz as it does at 4.8ghz, which is why I've chosen to under-volt my CPU and hold small OC of 4Ghz.

All in all, the only people I see investing in a machine like this are people who know nothing about computers but want the best they can get their hands on. Despite the fact that anything lesser would probably do just as well. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a nice PC but this isn't the place to expect a warm reception since most people here at TPU have some idea of what their doing and know that you don't need an Intel 6-core processor to play any game on the market at full graphics with 3 displays.

System Name Devil's Hell
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600X Processor 2nd Gen 3.6GHz
Motherboard MSI X470 GAMING PRO MAX
Cooling Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Segate 2 TB, WMD 250 GB M2
Display(s) Samsung T23B350AR
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
I've run games with multiple windows in the background of Chrome with 20-25 tabs a pop along with virtual machines and a game and I can tell you that I've never exceeded 14Gb of ram

I am not saying that I wil not love having this Rig (The beast) but seriously @Aquinus is all the way right I am using 16 gigs and apart from games I am also using SQL server 2008 r2 while my system is a server in my LAN area (serving 4 pc's) but seriously it plays cool all the way...so for now $5500 is really a huge amount...:)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I am not saying that I wil not love having this Rig (The beast)

+1: Me either, but having an SB-E rig, I can tell you that I could upgrade for a faction of that cost.

$5500 is really a huge amount...
Yeah, considering that will get you top-end video cards, an i7 EE, plenty of memory, and storage to boot for a fraction of the price. That is my gripe with this. It's overkill and it costs a ton. Yeah, it might be like a Lamborghini but why get a car that eats gas and is fast when you can get a BMW for a fraction of the price that accelerates just as well and probably uses less gas to do it and drives like a dream. Also like cars, computers have their limits too. What good is having a huge engine if the speed limit is still 90KM/h or 65 MPH? Computers are the same way, what good is having 6 cores (12 threads,) when the user most likely will only being using 4t. Fewer cores at higher clocks would benefit a gamer more.

It's like saying, "Oh, you have to dig a hole to plant a tree? Let me get you a bulldozer." :p

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
my machine can become a bigger monster then that..
allright aquinus where do you want your tree?

Last edited:
System Name Devil's Hell
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
It's like saying, "Oh, you have to dig a hole to plant a tree? Let me get you a bulldozer."

You are right all the way bro...I know people around here will say that the sys is providing extra this and that but still thing is the same how much we use that would be the main monetary value to the asset.:toast:

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech