• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Doa 7950?

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
Bought an amd 7950 2gb off amazon for black Friday. Finally got windows to install a little while ago and there is massive screen tearing and continual graphics crashing with no recovery or bsod.

Should I be rma ing this or is there something else I should be looking for. Each restart the system has gotten progressively worse.

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Given what you described in your other thread, it seems like you've got other problems. I would continue posting your issues in that thread, as others feel something is belying all these issues.

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Mouse Logitech
I figured since I was finally able to get windows 7 installed after moving the ram to slots 3 and 4 (looked like that was causing the issue because it's booted fine since then) that now I'm able to drop down to testing the Gpu.

I'll have another system showing up in about 2 hours so I can take the Gpu out of that and put in here to see what's what.

As I've never dealt with a dead Gpu before I just wanted the opinion of others if this sounded like a dead card or not. I know I'll never buy vision tek again that's for sure

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
I figured since I was finally able to get windows 7 installed after moving the ram to slots 3 and 4 (looked like that was causing the issue because it's booted fine since then) that now I'm able to drop down to testing the Gpu.

I'll have another system showing up in about 2 hours so I can take the Gpu out of that and put in here to see what's what.

As I've never dealt with a dead Gpu before I just wanted the opinion of others if this sounded like a dead card or not. I know I'll never buy vision tek again that's for sure

I wouldn't complete discount Visiontek based on the problem you're having with one graphics card. These things happen. I don't know how the whole process works, but it seems like most of these companies don't actually make the card and are simply putting their name and/or custom coolers on them (if anyone knows how this works, I'd be happy to know).

I've been communicating with Visiontek a bit these last couple weeks and so far everyone I've talked to speaks English like it's their first language (I'm 100% certain it is) and it never took me more than 30 seconds to reach someone. They're very reasonable about their warranties and everything seems quite kosher with their RMA process (though I've yet to go through it).

If you only bought this card Black Friday, then you may still be covered by Amazon's return policy (if you are, have them give you a return shipping label). Even if you're not, you're still well under warranty from the manufacturer.

I hope you're able to get things sorted!

Last edited:
System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Mouse Logitech
Thanks bud.

Amazon has a 30 day exchange so that is in place. I did confirm that it was the Gpu that was dead with a substitute card. This isn't the first bad product I've received from vision tek either which is more the reason for my frustration. I do realize these things will happen with electronics but vision tek has struck out a few too many times for my liking. I won't badmouth them as a company though, I just won't choose them anymore haha. Thanks for the help though.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Jasper, I would return it cause it will only get worse as you described.

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Thanks bud.

Amazon has a 30 day exchange so that is in place. I did confirm that it was the Gpu that was dead with a substitute card. This isn't the first bad product I've received from vision tek either which is more the reason for my frustration. I do realize these things will happen with electronics but vision tek has struck out a few too many times for my liking. I won't badmouth them as a company though, I just won't choose them anymore haha. Thanks for the help though.

Very understandable. Make sure Amazon gives you a return shipping label! They've always been great about that for me. Also, good luck with everything.

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Mouse Logitech
Jasper, I would return it cause it will only get worse as you described.

I'll give this next card a second chance since I'll still be in the return window. If this one is belly up too then your advice will be used for sure haha!