• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Crowdsourced Headphones Now Shipping

V-MODA, the multi-platinum selling designer of headphones trusted by the pros and elite, announces the availability of the highly-anticipated M-100 headphones designed by and for music aficionados. V-MODA tapped the collective intellect of artists, editors and audiophiles to design, develop and vote on the first units to go to mass production. M-100 quickly became the most highly discussed headphone on the internet forums with over 10,000 posts and 700 pages on the world's largest headphone site, Head-Fi.

"Developing this project alongside the passionate audio enthusiast community was a very special experience that I dedicated my life to over the past year" states Val Kolton, Chief Visionary Officer at V-MODA. "I'll never forget the key moments such as collaborating with numerous Grammy-winning and artists or staying up late discussing and testing prototypes with audiophiles globally. We opened the first unit with world-renowned producer/DJ AVICII at Radio City Music hall and immediately afterwards let CNET's Steve Guttenberg judge and listen to it first. The results so far has been unparalleled praise and editors' choice accolades from CNET, Engadget, Gizmodo, Head-Fi, Innerfidelity, Laptop Mag, NY Times, Popular Science, Sound & Vision and other media. It's an achievement, not for V-MODA, but for the entire artist and audiophile community that brought M-100 to life," added Kolton.

Superior Sound - M-100 evokes the experience of a live performance with clean, deep bass, lifelike vocals and ultra wide clarity in an immersive 3D soundstage. Patent pending 50 mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers sport inner and outer rings separating the bass from bleeding into the mids and highs. V-MODA's analog noise isolation naturally blocks out the distractions of jet engines, outside noise and booth monitors minus the extra digital-to-analog conversions of battery powered headphones that pollute the purity of your music.

Natural Ergonomics - The Crossfade series' exclusive hexagon shape was sculpted to frame and contour to natural facial features while minimizing gaps and the blocky angles found on round, oval and rectangular headphones. An inspiration of both bespoke fashion and wind-tunnel dynamics produces a tailored fit and high-performance sound that is comfortable for the largest variety of individuals.

Military-Grade Durability - The M-100 is built to last with a steel frame, aircraft grade metal shields, and STEELFLEX headband that fortify this exquisite headphone design with Military-Level MIL-STD-810G test standards. M-100 will survive 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet, extreme high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray, and UV exposure. The Kevlar reinforced cables can bend up over 1 million times which is up to one hundred times the industry standard.

Ultimate Versatility - Beyond its superb fidelity and tank-like durability, V-MODA includes an array of extra features that empower M-100 users with a complete listening experience for travel, music production, DJing, gaming and more. The Swiss-like CliqFold hinge precisely folds the headphones into the impossibly small Exoskeleton case with a v-strap system to organize the included cables and ¼" adapter. M-100 features dual inputs so a DJ can mix two sources at the same time or share the music by daisy chaining other headphones. The unused input can be sealed with the patent pending V-CORK to accurately balance the sound and prevent corrosion.

The re-optimized SpeakEasy Mic cable is tuned for voice recognition even in the noisiest environments and works with all 3.5 mm smartphones and tablets including Apple, Android, Windows, Kindle and Blackberry while the extended SharePlay audio cable allows you to share your music with a friend. The optional BoomPro professional-grade boom mic is made for gaming and Skype while the CoilPro locking extended coiled cable allows DJs and musicians to reach further. Modern music enthusiasts can further customize their M-100 with the Matte Black Metal, Shadow or White Silver colors and a selection of shield colors which can be customized through V-MODA's laser engraving service with virtually any logo, text or a variety of select designs.

M-100 Features

- 50 mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending)
- No batteries or artificial sound processing
- CLIQFOLD folding hinge (patent pending)
- Dual Inputs with V-CORK seals (patent pending)
- Form fitting Exoskeleton case
- Two Kevlar-reinforced cables
- Universal SpeakEasy microphone cable for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices
- SharePlay extended audio cable and ¼" adapter
- Compatible with locking CoilPro, BoomPro Mic and 3-button mic cables (sold separately)
- Two year warranty, lifetime 50 percent immortal life program and V-MODA Six-Star Service

MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality

- Survives 70+ drops on concrete
- Virtually indestructible SteelFlex Headband
- Minimal sound variances from unit to unit checked along six parts of the sound curve versus 10-30dB+ of competing products
- Kevlar-reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
- MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure

The Crossfade M-100 is available now in limited quantities for $310 in Matte Black Metal, Shadow or White Silver at V-MODA.com which includes an extra set of personalized shields ($45 value). It is also available at Amazon.com and fine retailers of headphones worldwide including Europe and Asia.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name My PC
Processor i7 4790k @4.4ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte z97m-d3h
Cooling Corsair H105
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133-9-11-11-31-1T
Video Card(s) GTX970 Stric oc
Storage Samsung 840Pro 512GB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT
Case Lian Li 359
Audio Device(s) Denon DA-300USB / Denon AH-D5000
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure Optical
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win10 64-bit home
I dont want to sound like an Apple hater (although I am), but why would you advertise your $300+ supposedly hi-fi product with an iPhone (or a phone in general) which is the worst way to play high quality music. Is this another Beats? It looks cool and comfortable at least.

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
I dont want to sound like an Apple hater (although I am), but why would you advertise your $300+ supposedly hi-fi product with an iPhone (or a phone in general) which is the worst way to play high quality music. Is this another Beats? It looks cool and comfortable at least.

The answer to your question is marketing.

Also Beats is not altogether terrible, it is just terrible at its price point. If you were to take the Beats product line at 30% of its original cost, they would be excellent products.

I have beats in my laptop, and I have never in my life heard another laptop play as loud and clear. That being said, I would never purposely purchase a Beats product, but they are better than your average product. Build quality is almost on par with its price point, however.

cadaveca

My name is Dave

It's not just marketing.

iPhone uses a special jack for the controller instead of a standard TRS plug the "regular" headphones have, hence the info.

I'm sure there's licensing as well.

Beats...they charge you extra for the iPhone "ControlTalk" versions. :rolleyes:

That said, I love my Lebron Beats. :p

System Name My PC
Processor i7 4790k @4.4ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte z97m-d3h
Cooling Corsair H105
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133-9-11-11-31-1T
Video Card(s) GTX970 Stric oc
Storage Samsung 840Pro 512GB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT
Case Lian Li 359
Audio Device(s) Denon DA-300USB / Denon AH-D5000
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure Optical
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win10 64-bit home
Also Beats is not altogether terrible, it is just terrible at its price point. If you were to take the Beats product line at 30% of its original cost, they would be excellent products.

That was exactly what I ment.

Anyway in the meantime I read a few user review and website reviews and it seems that they have acceptable (some say just "ok", others say "quite good") sound quality with very good bass. Seems like heavy bass is causing the sound inaccuracy issues, as always on this type of headphones. That together with all the gimmicky extra specs should make them a reasonable buy for someone who wants to spend around 300$ and wants something cool looking, a flashy brand, and not terribly overpriced for what they offer...

By reading the extra stuff I now understand that they show the iPhone cause of the integrated mic that works with these devices. Sounds cool.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
I like my V-Moda LPs
sound great and I got them for like $100.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww

I have beats in my laptop, and I have never in my life heard another laptop play as loud and clear. That being said, I would never purposely purchase a Beats product, but they are better than your average product. Build quality is almost on par with its price point, however.

Did you mean 10%? and at $30 there are still better options like the JVC RX700...
At $120 Audo technica M50s ....

At every price point there is a better option than Beats. Beats has Bass and muddy at that.
Everything is piss poor. if you listen to c Rap and pop... supposedly they are ok.

Honestly I would like to try these V-Modas ...but $300 for a crowdsourced set is way too much. crowdsourced is a way to say we only half designed it. To charge extra for ending up with a product that is what the community wants when its not your doing is preposterous.