• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Debuts the Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, announced the launch of its Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller for Xbox 360.

The Razer Sabertooth is an extraordinary Xbox 360 controller. Six additional remappable buttons - two at each shoulder of the controller and two removable rocking switches at the bottom - allow gamers to re-bind any choice of buttons on the controller for easy access. A built-in OLED screen is also included, which allows customization of the controller's many features. Gamers may remap the multi-function buttons, adjust the analog stick's sensitivity and save profiles: the display visualizes their modified preferences.

Further to its customizability, users are able to reconfigure controls found elsewhere on the device to the multi-function buttons ergonomically positioned at their fingertips. Overall, the design of the Razer Sabertooth increases actuation speed, reduces fatigue, and encourages natural hand posturing for a more precise and comfortable gaming experience, giving console players the competitive edge they crave.

When it comes to tournament-grade gaming, a durable, reliable controller is paramount in keeping up with the competition. From the selection of materials used for the buttons, triggers and analog sticks, to the stringent quality control checks, processes are put in place to ensure that the Razer Sabertooth continues to dominate, game after game.

Also featured is a fully detachable, lightweight cable that securely screws onto the controller. The included carrying case lets gamers store the Razer Sabertooth, along with the braided fiber cable, for transport without worrying about breakage.

The Razer Sabertooth was developed with professional eSports teams and players. Gaming powerhouses such as Team Epsilon, Quantic Gaming and Team Prophecy have been involved in the validation of the controller, and have also been training with the Razer Sabertooth for upcoming tournaments.

"The Razer Onza Tournament Edition gave Xbox 360 gamers a competitive edge," said Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "We're now taking things a step further with the Razer Sabertooth, with its re-mappable multi-function buttons and OLED display, restructured with more control options than any other device, in a rugged design that doesn't compromise comfort."

About the Razer Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller for Xbox 360

The Razer Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller for Xbox 360 is the supercharged successor to an award-winning Xbox 360 controller. Now, it has been restructured with even more customizability and control options in an all new, rugged design that doesn't compromise comfort.

About the Razer Sabertooth Step-Up Program

The Razer Sabertooth Step-Up Program is Razer's way of saying thanks, and giving back to the community. Current owners of the Razer Onza or Onza Tournament Edition gaming controllers will be eligible for a coupon code for a discount on the purchase of the new Razer Sabertooth elite gaming controller for Xbox 360 on the RazerStore. Owners will receive a discount code through email once they have verified the serial number of their Razer Onza or Onza Tournament Edition controllers.

Find out more about the Razer Sabertooth Step-Up Program here at http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-sabertooth/step-up.

Price:
U.S. $79.99 / EU €79.99

Availability:
Razerzone.com - Order Now
Worldwide - January 2013

Product Features

● 2 shoulder multi-function buttons (MFB)
● 4 removable multi-function triggers (MFT)
● 4 backlit Hyperesponse action buttons
● OLED screen for feature customization
● Non-slip rubber surface
● Quick-release USB connector
● Detachable 10 ft./3 m lightweight braided fiber cable
● Carrying case
● 2.5 mm microphone jack
● Approximate size : 110 mm / 4.33 in. (Length) x 154 mm / 6.06 in. (Width) x 57 mm / 2.24 in. (Height)
● Approximate weight: 288 g / 0.63 lbs.

For more information about the Razer Sabertooth, please visit http://www.razerzone.com/sabertooth.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Motherboard EVGA 121-KS-E375
Cooling Stock (Temp.)
Memory GEIL 8192 MB X2 (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: CL16-16-16 D4-2400
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (TU104-410)
Storage Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB & Samsung SSD 950 PRO 256GB
Display(s) LG 32" Widescreen
Case Corsair Carbide Series 400
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX850 Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard DAS
Software Windows 10 20H2 64 Bit
looks nice guessing this works with pc still?

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06

I would guess that it would operate as an xbox 360 controller for windows, like the rest do, even the wireless ones.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Will be waiting for the coupon for the step up program as to be honest the Razer ONZA feels like it was released while it was still in BETA stage.

The ABXY buttons rattled a lot under force feedback.
One of my triggers started to have an area of where it would not respond, possibly due to clogged up grease in the mechanism which resolved itself with use.
The left and right bumpers had an uneven flex from the plastic before actually working which made them less responsive than the XBOX 360 controller.
Left analogue would sometimes make a clicking noise when pulling down.
D-Pad was an improvement over the XBOX360 controller but still not an improvement over the PS3 D-Pad which this render appears to actually have.

So looks like something I will be purchasing for this year.

Yes I use a Razer ONA standard controller and it works fine on PC.
It uses the standard XBOX 360 drivers.

EDIT:-
Just realized this gamepad with $10 step up program discount will cost $85 Razer Premium Price without shipping to New Zealand.
Looks like I will be giving this a miss until some reviews are posted on youtube unless I can coax one of the online retailers into shipping one in for me with the batch they ship in.

Last edited:
System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
Isnt the Xbox360 controller a bluetooth?

I don't think so, you are probably thinking of the PS3 controller.

You need a dongle to be able to use the wireless ones on PC.

Cabling is military class.... well, or plumber class!

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
i hope that D-pad is better than whats on the PS or XB. Sega Dreamcast, Saturn and Genesis had the Ideal D-Pads- especially for 2D fighters in the day.

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
My late Razer Onza Tournament broke down in 6 months. Let's hope this baby can do better.
BTW, I think manufacturers don't care about redesigning d-pad anymore, since new games use these buttons less and less.

Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
My late Razer Onza Tournament broke down in 6 months. Let's hope this baby can do better.
BTW, I think manufacturers don't care about redesigning d-pad anymore, since new games use these buttons less and less.

Another added to the long line of customers who bought a BETA stage product.

At the current price I won't be bothered with getting this controller any time soon.

D

Deleted member 67555

I will not under any circumstances pay $80 for a dammed wired controller....I see this in the same category as Madcatz...Garbage...

This looks good but fuck Razer! I will never buy any of their products again. My Razer Imperator has been nothing but trouble from the start. The left click is held in place by nail polish right now because that was the only thing I could find at 3 am when it broke down. When you look at it it looks like new but it's a fucking Frankenstein by now. The cable is Logitech because that "awesome braided cable" was the first thing to go. Fuck them! They build pieces of shit. The designers know what they are doing, this is still the most comfortable mouse I ever held in my hand, that's why I still have it. But the quality? :cry: Pfff!

Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
I am wondering if the whole 'revamp old hardware' campaign they are on is to make a product which doesn't break or at least what they should have been on release.

This Sabretooth 'looks' to be a lot more functional and sturdy than it's predecessors.
The Razer ONZA consumer product didn't even look much like the protoype at CES 2010 which appears to be of a much more solid build.
I am sure Razer know they have a reputation for expensive products which are gimmicky and break easily and I am sure Razer Guy Krakoff doesn't want his business to have this reputation.