• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lexar Unveils High-Performance 600x UHS-I Memory Cards

Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the 256 GB Lexar Professional 600x SDXC UHS-I card. The Class 10 card offers a 90 MB per second minimum guaranteed read transfer speed to give photographers and videographers the ability to capture extended lengths of 1080p HD and 3D video and high-quality images. When paired with a compatible card reader, such as the Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader, the Professional 600x SDXC card helps photographers zip through post-production with high-speed card-to-computer file transfer, improving workflow and enabling them to shoot longer.

"With the growing demands of HD and 3D video capabilities, today's professional photographers and videographers need to be equipped with a high-performance and high-capacity memory card to meet the needs of their clients," said Manisha Sharma, director of product marketing, Lexar. "By using the 256 GB Lexar Professional SDXC UHS-I card, professionals can leverage all the latest camera features available for capturing high-quality video and images, without having to worry about time spent changing cards or transferring content to the computer. We want our customers to make the most of their time out on the field."

"Small capacity cards are not efficient for shooting a lot of HD and 3D video. Constantly having to change cards eats away at time spent behind the camera, and also means I'll have to spend more time transferring the content from each card to my computer," said Lexar Elite Photographer David Honl. "Lexar cards help improve my workflow by giving me the mix of capacity and performance that allows me to shoot longer and spend less time transferring my videos and images."

The Lexar Professional 600x 256 GB SDXC UHS-I card includes the latest downloadable version of Image Rescue 4 software to help recover lost or deleted photo and video files, even if they've been erased or the card has been corrupted. All Lexar memory card designs are tested in the Lexar Quality Labs to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability with more than 800 digital cameras and memory card devices. The Professional 600x SDXC UHS-I card comes with a limited lifetime warranty and free dedicated professional technical support.

The 256 GB Lexar Professional 600x SDXC UHS-I card will be available in January for purchase with an MSRP of $999.99 from Lexar.com and leading retail and e-tail outlets worldwide.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
It all looked promising for me until I saw the price :eek:

To be expected though considering how large the capacity is with (i'm guessing) fairly quick read/write speeds too.

The price is not high if you're earning your money with such gadgets. If you have a high end camera for 1500 EUR, you also need a massive and fast memory card so you can make many continuous shots and later transfer all the stuff from the card. Because when you have 256GB of data, you need a very fast data rate. My sister is aphotograph and she's using 32GB memory card (Sandisk Extreme III i think) and it still takes quite somet ime to transfer all the data. Mostly because of the USB 2.0 restrictions... i'd assume that cameras that support such memory cards also have USB 3.0...

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
now that they can put 256GB on these tiny things and make it super fast, we should expect to have 1TB SSDs as standards in the near future then.

Only 1TB ? Look at the size of a single SD card and the ize of a 2,5" drive. How many 256GB SD cards could you stuff in it? 1TB means 4 of such cards. I think they could do better than that. Though expect the price tag of 2k+ EUR for such gadget... which is how much they charge for big PCIe SSD solutions.