• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xi3 and Valve to Unveil a Xi3 Development Stage Computer Game System at CES 2013

Xi3Corporation today announced a development stage system optimized for computer gameplay on large high-definition television monitors.

Housed in the uniquely shaped, grapefruit-size Xi3 Modular Computer chassis, this new development stage product is being showcased this week at the 2013 International CES trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada in booth #20425 in the Las Vegas Convention Center. Xi3's new development stage product is designed specifically to support both Steam and its Big Picture mode for residential and LAN party computer gaming on larger high-def screens.

With more than 50 million subscribers around the world, Steam is the digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications/community platform from Valve Corporation. Big Picture mode allows members to access and play games through Steam on any connected high-definition television display/monitor.

"Today marks the beginning of a new era for Xi3," said Jason A. Sullivan , founder, President and CEO of Xi3. "This new development stage product will allow users to take full-advantage of their large high-definition TV displays for an amazing computer game experience. As a result, this new system could provide access to thousands of gaming titles through an integrated system that exceeds the capabilities of leading game consoles, but can fit in the palm of your hand."

Xi3 also announced today it has received an investment from Valve Corporation. Xi3's new development stage computer game system is also being showcased in Valve's booth (#25730) at CES 2013. No additional details about Xi3's new system or Valve's investment in Xi3 will be released at this time.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wonder if it will ship with Windows given the hate by Newell

I wonder if it will ship with Windows given the hate by Newell
The steambox is supposed to use a linux os.

What i find annoying, xi3 stuff is little, cute, but quite a bit overpriced ...
Unless them and valve have a strong commercial agreement concerning sell price, the steambox will have lot of pain to find buyers (but the richest ones, that can buy a 800$ aluminium box that will have poor perfomances compared to a 400£ self built one :p)

Time will tell ... but the steambox and nvidia console are the greatest news right now :)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Well elsewhere it is stated to have up to 1TB space, and will have interchangable internal parts that can be removed and replaced with new hardware as and when it is released. Maybe another FM2 based gaming box? Certainly cost effective right now anyway. It would be nice to not have to lug my several kilos of PC down the stairs to plug it into the Home Theatre TV downstairs, for a casual gaming session at the very least.
No one will buy the damn thing if it doesnt even price itself competatively though.

OH and heres the specs
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c....php+xi3+modular+pc&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk Had to use webcache because going direct to the webpage wasnt working for me

Last edited: