• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MAINGEAR Boosts Mobile Gaming with Lucid Virtu MVP Software

MAINGEAR, an award-winning PC system builder offering custom desktops, notebooks, and workstations is improving mobile gaming on the NOMAD series of custom gaming laptops with Lucid's Virtu MVP Mobile software that boosts gaming performance 30 percent and higher.

Lucid Virtu MVP Mobile is the only GPU virtualization software that balances power consumption and system performance by dynamically assigning and rendering media tasks to the best available graphics resource with either an integrated or discrete GPU. The software intelligently assigns tasks in real time to the best available graphics resource based on performance, power and features considerations, with no need for additional hardware.

"MAINGEAR Nomad series laptops with Lucid Virtu MVP Mobile technology will help give gamers a competitive edge by providing a smoother and more immersive gaming experience," said Wallace Santos, Founder and CEO of MAINGEAR Computers. "By improving GPU efficiency, eliminating tearing and increasing response time, we determined that Virtu MVP Mobile is a must for serious gamers on the go."

First person shooters and other games where every second counts will benefit from the combination of Lucid Virtu MVP Mobile Virtual Vsync and Hyperformance features. Virtual Vsync allows gamers to enjoy crisp, high quality images with no tearing, while maintaining high frame rates. This is up to 250 percent higher than standard Vsync frame rates, which are capped at 60 FPS (frames per second). The Lucid Hyperformance technology eliminates redundant rendering tasks by predicting potential synchronization issues between the integrated and discrete GPUs, resulting in improved keyboard and mouse responsiveness. Better game control is indicated by up to 30% more FPS than relying on GPU and CPU performance alone.

"We are honored by MAINGEAR's choice to offer Lucid Virtu MVP Mobile software to the discerning gaming community," said Offir Remez, president of LucidLogix. "Gamers have high technology standards and MVP software provides that additional playability they crave."

MAINGEAR will offer Lucid Virtu MVP Mobile software as an option on all new Nomad series laptops. All of MAINGEAR products boast lifetime labor and phone support with a one to three year hardware warranty. Learn more about MAINGEAR's Nomad series laptops at: http://www.maingear.com/custom/computers/custom-built-laptops.php

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Mckertis

But of course, everyone concerned already knows that Lucid software is simply put, a sham. It doesnt work, never have, never will. What is a mystery, however, is what hold do they have over motherboard makers, that they all included Virtu support and even use it in their ads ?

System Name Twin Fusion
Processor i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz
Motherboard GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz CL7
Video Card(s) Crossfire AMD R9 280x
Storage 64GB SSD Bootdrive + 8GB Ram Cache, 2TB, 1TB, 320GB, 320GB, 80GB, 500GB, 120GB, 150GB, 80GB, 80GB.
Display(s) 32' Samsung TV
Case Corsair C70 Black
Audio Device(s) Integrated with X-Fi modded drivers
Power Supply Xigmatek 700W
Software All teh softwares
Neverr

I totally agree with mckertis, ive tried this countless times, when i installed it it limited my fps to 60, that was the only noticable difference and when restarting after the install i got millions of errors, lucidlogix has stopped working... Etc and my windows just wont boot anymore and ive had to reinstall. I once was very fond of getting this to work and after actually trying for 2 weeks all it did was break my os... And yes i followed all the instructions, integrated gpu on, all drivers, all set up but just no, trying EVERY single version, and all released and updates of all of them, such as mvp and that, none of them did anything but break my os...

blackbamba

Really ? z68 with Virtu and works really good in i-mode.
I tried MVP for 30 days evaluation is worked like a charm on my games.
I wondered if Lucid sell online as I recently saw a mentioning on that option.

I am looking at a gaming laptop now and this triggered me to consider this one.
Are you sure you had the proper configuration and licensed boards ?
Anyhow, its exciting and I would give it a try!