• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xfx 6850 fx-685a-znfc bios

Scarbrows

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help me.

I bought a xfx 6850 off eBay but when it arrived it wouldn't work in my rig so I just thought it was the Psu as it was a tad garbage so I bought a decent one and tried it again but still didn't work. I took it round to a friends to try in his rig and it worked just fine, he thought it was something to do with compatibility and read on the web to flash this certain Bios so he did but inturn bricked my card.
It turned out the Bios he flashed were for the HD-685X-ZNFC but mine is the FX-685A-ZNFC.
Could someone please point me in the right direction to get this card back working with the correct Bios or atleast show me where to download the right Bios?

Thank you guys.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Thank you but I've checked all these with no luck. Even searching on the net bring up little to nothing.

When I boot my rig with the inboard graphics and the card installed it will not recognise the card in atiwinflasher

I could be wrong, but if a GPU works on one computer(your friends) and doesnt work in another(yours), the last thing I would do is flash the BIOS. Now obviously you cant return it, as you've fudged it up some more. Does it show in ATIWINFLASH on your friends pc?
If it does, look to your own pc for the issue.
EDIT: I may be incorrect, but what version is it? Core edition? I think the black edition and core edition share the same BIOS. I could be wrong, but you dont really have anything to lose...

Last edited:

Scarbrows

He flashed the bios as the update was for mb compatability. He doesn't have any onboard graphics. Should I try it with his existing gpu and mine to see if mine shows?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
He flashed the bios as the update was for mb compatability. He doesn't have any onboard graphics. Should I try it with his existing gpu and mine to see if mine shows?

That would certainly be a start.

Scarbrows

Thanks for the replies. I will pop round when he gets home from work and report back.