• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Real Temp Feature Requests

System Name Rocket
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard ASRock B450 PRO4
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
Storage ADATA SX8200 PRO 512GB + Intel 535 Series 120GB + WD 6400AAKS
Display(s) Benq EW2420
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Antec Signature 650
Software Win 10
Nope. Only Intel CPU's.

Valli

oh, i see. Thanks!

Have to look for alternatives...! :ohwell:

Best.

System Name Rocket
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) Benq EW2420
Case Antec P182
Software Win 10
CoreTemp is perfect fine for what you need. :)

System Name Rocket
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) Benq EW2420
Case Antec P182
Software Win 10

CheeseyRider

Can you add support for these please:

Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00Ghz
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

These machines give a 'The processor detected is not supported' message when I try to run program.

I am on version 370.

This is a Great program :toast: I use it for temperature alarms to trigger a VBS script to message and email me the name of the machine thats overheating!

Regards

Paul

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Unfortunately the Pentium 4 based CPUs do not have individual core temperature sensors so there are no sensors for RealTemp to read. These CPUs only have a single temperature sensor and RealTemp can not read that sensor. You will have to find another temperature monitoring program for the P4 CPUs.

CheeseyRider

Unfortunately the Pentium 4 based CPUs do not have individual core temperature sensors so there are no sensors for RealTemp to read. These CPUs only have a single temperature sensor and RealTemp can not read that sensor. You will have to find another temperature monitoring program for the P4 CPUs.

Thanks for the reply Unclewebb, at least I know why it wont work on them!.

To be honest, I wont be looking for another program, yours is more than good enough to do the job on our main servers, these two are older ones which I will just take a chance on :)

Regards

Paul

Me again, I recently built a couple of new rigs and again have feature requests...

• Support for Multi-CPU Systems (8/12 cores)
    I have a dual quad xeon server, realtemp reads the first cpu and realtemp GT appears to read the first cpu and 2 of the 4 cores on the 2nd cpu.
    If you do make a multi cpu version of realtemp an option to display the hottest core per cpu in the system tray would be ideal. Coretemp works and has a setting for that but still dosen't read gpu temps and I like my small group of go-to programs. I literally install realtemp on every computer I come across.
  • Intel GPU monitoring
    I'm running Intel's HD Graphics 4000 iGPU in an mITX gaming computer but I can't find a single program besides GPU-Z that'll even read the temperature off of it, much less display it in the system tray. Again I don't really know how hard this stuff is to implement but an option for Intel iGPU temps would be amazing. It'd also be useful for laptops.
  • HDD SMART temperature monitoring

Still... ;)

Thanks,
-Kurt

P.S. If there's anything I can do to help you with any of this let me know.

Well I did some digging in the config files again and finally noticed a variable meant for skulltrail systems!

In the "Realtemp.ini" set Skull=1 for one copy of Realtemp and Skull=2 for another separate copy and both will run simultaneously and read the two CPUs. It's working perfectly for my Xeon W5590s and I finally have a video card temp. There doesn't appear to be a variable for RealTempGT however so nothing for dual hex core setups (not that I could test it anyway).

rcioc

Unclewebb, thank you for this great software.

Will you make the log file location customisable?

Last edited:

unclewebb

Will you make the log file location customizable?

I thought it already was. :)

Find an open space on RealTemp, click the right mouse button and a menu will pop up.

Select "Set Log File Location" and you can choose where the RealTemp log file will be saved.
I think you can use this feature to save the log file to a different computer on a network.

abdullahmk

Hi everyone.

RealTemp is indispensable for me. But I have a little problem with Windows 8. On Windows 8, RealTemp does not execute while Windows starts and comes into desktop despite I paste a shortcut of RealTemp.exe or RealTempGT.exe to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
How can I start the RealTemp when Windows starts?

Therefore, maybe developer add a feature to allow the RealTemp starts on Windows startup.

Last edited:

abdullahmk

It worked perfect! But I switched "configure" selection in task scheduler configuration to Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2. When it is remained Windows 8, RealTemp does not start. Thanks.

unclewebb

I think it is a good thing that Windows 8 is more strict when it comes to start up programs. The 101 places where programs can start up from in previous versions of Windows was a huge back door for virus and spyware writers.

Thanks for letting me know the trick to get RealTemp working in Windows 8. :toast:

El_Capitan

Real Temp bug on Windows 8 To Go

So I also have a Real Temp bug on Windows 8 To Go. My overclock settings is at 4.9GHz, but if I start Real Temp, EIST is always checked. That means my overclock settings don't stick. If I uncheck it, my overclock settings just jump to my stock settings at 3.5GHz.

I've been using HWMonitor for now to circumvent that. Anyone else experience this issue on Windows 8 To Go?

If anyone wants more details of Windows 8 To Go, I'm updating my blog: http://computerhardwareupgrades.blogspot.com/2013/02/windows-8-to-go-windows-8-on-usb-flash.html

Never mind. Only happens when CPU C1E, C3 Report , and C6 Report isn't disabled.

Last edited:

Beryus

[Feature Request] Option: Enable logging on startup

Hi,

would you add an option to enable logging on startup? CoreTemp already does it but creates one log file for each session. So you start logging (a log file gets created), shut down, boot up and another log file gets created. I need just one log file because i want to evaluate it and if multiple log files get created then it's annoying to evaluate them. Your program does just one log file but has no option to enable logging on startup. And your program can do much more (i.e. displayung GPU temperature), btw. So I vote for an option to enable logging on startup.

Beryus

EDIT: I just found out that if I start it manually short after boot then it logs but if I use task scheduler then it "forgets" to log. Strange...

Last edited:

unclewebb

Beryus: Thanks for reporting this issue. I will have a look at that problem this weekend to see if there is anything I can do. When using the Task Scheduler, perhaps it doesn't have the necessary file permissions or something like that so logging doesn't get started. I will see if I can find a work around of some sort. Have you right mouse clicked on RealTemp and tried using the Set Log File Location menu option. Maybe locating the log file somewhere else might keep Windows happy.

Beryus

Ok, I try to set another log file location but I don't know where a better location might be (any proposals?). But i will do some tests. :)

Beryus

unclewebb

Beryus: I think I found the problem. By default, if you start RealTemp up by double clicking on it, it will save the log file in the current RealTemp directory. When you start RealTemp up using the Task Scheduler, the default log file location ended up on my system in this directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

To fix this, start up RealTemp, right mouse click on a blank spot on the RealTemp GUI and select the Set Log File Location menu option.

This will allow you to explicitly set the log file location. You can have a look in the RealTemp.INI configuration file after you have done this to make sure this is correct.

You should see a line in the config file that looks something like this:

Code:
LogFileName=C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\RealTemp\RealTempLog

As long as you have write access to the log file location that you selected, this should work OK.

Thanks for pointing out this bug. I will try to get that corrected in the next release.

Beryus

:toast:Thanks for your hard work. Now your program totally fits my needs. CoreTemp has passed. :laugh:
Beryus

R1_

Hi! Thanks for your work. I have little request. Can you edit a behavior of ATI info window? Now it covers main real temp window. I think if video info window appears laterally form main windows it would look more aesthetically pleasing. What do you think?

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 642