• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giada Introduces Full-Featured Mini-ITX Mainboard for NAS Builders

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Just in time to meet the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises and home users to store large amounts of data, the Giada technology company has launched the GIADA N70E-DR motherboard, perfect for building entry-level NAS servers. With a NAS server built upon the Giada N70E-DR, customers can achieve a low-cost implementation for file sharing, data backup and media server functionality all while enjoying professional server functions, high-capacity, high-reliability, and high performance data security. The compact and powerful Mini ITX board design, takes up only 17x17cm in space and sports a Rich component interface.

With the powerful integrated architecture of Intel's Ivy Bridge, the Celeron C1007U processors feature performance with power consumption at only 17W. The motherboard's chipset supports native RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, with data security protection. Dual high-performance Intel 82583V Gigabit Ethernet ports ensure efficient network channel operations. Intelligent hardware monitoring and management capabilities allow customers to keep abreast of the health of the system. With a TPM module one can effectively prevent various scenarios of illegal data access.

The GIADA N70E-DR motherboard was designed with long-term stability in mind. As such, the entire board uses high-quality solid capacitors with are totally enclosed with nickel core inductors. The board uses high-quality Power PAK MOSFETs. This helps to guarantee the system has stable operation over a long period of time.

Small mini-ITX motherboards are wonderful for keeping the total build small and organized and they draw very little power. How does the GIADA N70E-DR motherboard differ from the others?

One problem is, often times mini-ITX boards often don't have all the advanced features you would want - for example many boards only have only two SATA ports. The GIADA N70E-DR provides six SATA Interfaces (two of which are SATA3.0) with native RAID 0, 1, 5, 10.

The board features 2 USB 3.0 high-speed data interface ports. There is also intelligent hardware monitoring and management functions such as the chassis out of the box alarm; CPU overheating alarm; and the abnormal power state alarm. For data security the board provides a set of TPM pins for an optional TPM module for data security protection.

To build a great, but cost efficient, NAS server simply start with the GIADA N70E-DR motherboard and install a popular NAS operating system like FreeNAS, the most popular option for user-built NAS systems. It's a free, open-source project that is easy to use and provides the features most users need. It's a great combo for a powerful solution.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Soo... How about a price? And is that a pci slot? Looks very good.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Soo... How about a price? And is that a pci slot? Looks very good.

I what to know this too. I want to find out if I just found my new gateway, depending on how the new IVB celeron competes. As long as its at least as fast as an Atom I would be satisfied. The Celeron 847 was a hit or miss depending on what the CPU was doing.

Edit: I found that Celeron too btw: http://ark.intel.com/products/72061/Intel-Celeron-Processor-1007U-2M-Cache-1_50-GHz

1.5Ghz over the 1.1 on the 847 should give for a nice boost. Also supporting dual-channel DDR3-1600 is pretty nifty. Not that this CPU will be able to use it all. :p

That PCI-E slot very well could be a full 16 lanes. It almost makes me wish this board had two x8 ports instead.

However, looking at this again and again it looks nicer every time. I really like the 1.5Ghz versus the 1.1 on the Celeron 847 and the PCI-E slot vs PCI is very nice as well. Having the dual lan leaves the port open for something that can do a little more heavy lifting, such as a multi-lan card (4x1Gbps) or a RAID card for added storage beyond what the board already offers. I think this board has a lot of potential as a mini-server in general since you can cram 16Gb(2x8)1x 8Gb of ram in that puppy as well. :cool:

Edit: I got excited since this CPU has two memory channels but you can only stick one DIMM into the board. I can't say I like that. :( 8Gb is enough but supporting 16Gb would have been pretty nifty. It's what gave the 847 a good step up over the Atom imho.

Last edited:
Compared to Synology?

Might this be a good alternative to a Synology or other NAS setup? Anyone care to compare? The Synology has always turned me off due to it's price.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x8GB Kingston Beast Series DDR3 2133MHz CL11
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
Storage Kingston HyperX 3K, 120GB
Display(s) AOC 2269WM
Audio Device(s) Behringer UCA202 USB
Power Supply Seasonic G Series 550W
Software Win 7 x64
I wonder when this companies will learn how to present their products.

When you launch a new product you state the price and the stores people can buy it form! It's not the next iPhone to presume people will seek information on it and jump on it when it becomes available. It's a freaking NAS motherboard! How more niche can you get? It has only one chance of "stardom", when sites like TechPoweup present them. Although i'm really interested in such a thing i would not include it in my daily checks to see if they published a price and if it is available in Europe.

So when your are an relatively unknown comply and you launch a very niche product, PLEASE state price and availability!

Also, a fanless design would be great.

System Name Kincsem
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE X570S AERO G
Cooling Be Quiet Black Rock 4 Pro
Memory HyperX 128GB Fury 4×32GB 3200MHz HX432C16FB3K4/128
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD RX 7900 XT Pulse
Storage Samsung 970PRO 500GB + Samsung 980PRO 2TB + Adata SX8200 2TB + WD Ultrastar HC550 16TB
Display(s) Acer QHD 27"@144Hz 1ms + UHD 27"@60Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GOLD 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite RGB
Software Windows 10-64
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/4d8n02 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/g46uc
Finally they selling this kind of mobos!
But too late, I have my ASUS E35M1-M PRO (m-ATX)

And if you still need mini ITX:
ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE, with it's "awesome" CPU!
...or you can choose:
ASUS C60M1-I which consumes even less energy ;)

System Name ASUS ROG GL702
Processor Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
Memory 2x8GB DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX1060M 6GB
Storage 2x250GB SSD
Display(s) 1080p
Audio Device(s) Xiaomi Piston 3 IEM
Mouse FinalMouse
Software Windows 10 64bit
I too use the E35M1-M PRO for NAS purposes, two PCI-e (x4 and x1), 4 SATA and a nice passive heatsink. Have 15 drives using Flexraid no problems.

Krneki

I just bought Gigabyte GA-C847N Dual Core Celeron 847 Mini-ITX Board with Dual LAN for my NAS/Router/switch/Video player/File/Torrent/FTP/.... server/streamer. For added network slots to make it as a true 1Gbps switch you can buy some dual lan cards form ebay, as the new one are expensive as hell.

This one looks like a good solution, but it's all about the price, if they can keep it under 100$ it's a winner.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x8GB Kingston Beast Series DDR3 2133MHz CL11
Video Card(s) Asus STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
Storage Kingston HyperX 3K, 120GB
Display(s) AOC 2269WM
Audio Device(s) Behringer UCA202 USB
Power Supply Seasonic G Series 550W
Software Win 7 x64
I'll try to get a sample. ;) Email already sent. ;)

I was talking only about the news article... but a review would be really nice. :)

phyzjqk

The price is not higher than $120+flight ticket

The prices list in china is around ~RMB 690. But it seems you only can buy in china.