• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shuttle Slim-PC DS61

Shuttle is a key player in the mini-PC, slim-PC, and barebone system market. Today, we will check on their Slim-PC DS61 solution that was designed for digital signage purposes, although it can easily, depending on the CPU and other hardware you install, play the roles of an office PC, HTPC, etc.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a typo:

The Shuttle DS61 retails for 199.99$ as a barebone unit. It requires a 65 W maximum Intel Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU (socket LGA1155), one or two DDR2 SO-DIMM RAM modules, and a 2.5" HHD or SSD to operate.

Why didn't they use B75 chipset anyway? Was that because of RS232 ports?

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
looks like a decent little PC. very nice price tag as well. Not some ridiculous cost like SOME "mini" PC's. 16Gbs MEmory. It still blows me away sometimes when I see the memory capacity of these TINY machines, EVEN the standard desktop. I think back to My basic Programming classes in school , and having the teacher tell us that we were SO lucky to have these NEW, and VERY fast computers, Reffering to the Apple 2 E. with a STAGGERING 256Mbs RAM.lol

he (my teacher) was telling exactly the same to me but I had a different PC, the legendary Atari 1040 STF with 1 MB of memory :)

Last edited: