• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Releases Its First LN2 Evaporation Cooler

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO, company's first product from the line of liquid nitrogen (LN2) evaporation cooler for competitive overclockers. Used in conjunction with up to four Module Adapters this unit allows extreme overclocking of virtually any (DDR-)SDRAM memory module (of any generation).

EK-SD3D Triple Point EVO is a product of joint venture between Petri 'SF3D' Korhonen, legendary overclocker and extreme evaporation cooler designer from Finland, and EK design & engineering team. The product is made of electrolytic grade nickel plated copper in order to provide the necessary mass to even out the temperature fluctuation. Top extension is made from high quality POM Acetal - with it's poor thermal conductivity it is better at preventing unwanted condensation formation that many overclockers are not fond of.

Bundled with the evaporation cooler itself are the two (2) EK-SF3D Triple Point Module Adapter heatsinks. Each of these items are made of CNC machined high quality aluminium and feature black anodized finish. Heat transfer between the memory module and aluminium heatsink adapter and copper base of the EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO is ensured by the use of enclosed Gelid GC-Extreme TIM (grease).

Key features:
  • High performance evaporation cooler for competitive overclockers
  • - Modern, unique design with copper core allows for easy temperature regulation
  • - Built-in temperature probe slot in a each Module Adapter for precise control
  • - Compatible with both Liquid Nitrogen LN2 as well as Dry Ice CO2(s)
  • - Includes premium thermal grease
  • - Made in Slovenia - EU

Enclosed:
  • EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO series evaporation cooler
  • EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO Module Adapter (2 pcs)
  • Gelid GC-Extreme 1.5g thermal grease
  • mounting screws
  • allen key 2mm

The product is readily available for purchase through EK Webshop & Partner Reseller Network and comes with Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of 74.95€ incl. VAT. CPU cooling unit EK-SF3D Inflection Point EVO will be available by the end of the week.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

it is better at preventing unwanted condensation formation that many overclockers are not fond of.
I underlined what I thought was a bit funny. That implies there are some overclockers that are actually fond of condensation? :p

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
I underlined what I thought was a bit funny. That implies there are some overclockers that are actually fond of condensation? :p

Haha, and dry ice is made of CO2(s)

LN2 overclocking is for people with too much time on their hands. They should get a real job and spend some quality time with real people. ;)

LN2 overclocking is for people with too much time on their hands. They should get a real job and spend some quality time with real people. ;)
that coming from a guy who is online during work posting on TPU how much losers people who cool down their computers with LN2 are? Its 12:10p EST when you posted, so either you are at lunch or at work, my guess is lunch, so why not spend it with real people rather than come online and post about this?

XNine

CaseLabs Rep
System Name Project 14
Processor Intel 4770K
Motherboard Asus Impact
Cooling MIPS Waterblock
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) GTX 780 with AquaComputer block
Storage 256GB Samsung Pro 850, 2TB Western Digital HDD
Display(s) 27" Acer 1440P
Case CaseLabs Mercury S3
Power Supply Silverstone 700w Sleeved with MDPCX
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Code with Cherry Clears
Software Windows 10

Uuuuuh, you do realize that those who OC on LN2 are directly responsible for pushing development of better clocking and cooling hardware, right? Without them, we'd be far behind in what we can do with minimal hardware today.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Uuuuuh, you do realize that those who OC on LN2 are directly responsible for pushing development of better clocking and cooling hardware, right? Without them, we'd be far behind in what we can do with minimal hardware today.

Proof? What LN2 session, by what overclocker, resulted in real-world hardware that has appeal/use to the end user for 24/7 non-LN2 use?

I mean, I agree with you, overall, but there is no direct correlation here within the public eye, so you posting that has ZERO impact. However, connecting the chain of events WILL have CONSIDERABLE impact.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
neat! but not a big fan of ram Overclocking, but guess that comes with normal overclocking.

this guy speak truth, companies only push for on board OC features like POST code and buttons if overclockers who use Ln2 want to use them. Also for companies: LN2 use = overclocker, air/water overclocking = power user. So yea it is residual but its there. Also I know directly that new features for OC from LN2 help air, take single BIOS mode on GB boards for instance(i don't even know if i can tell that story).

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix

you might want to find a different forum to post on then. :nutkick:

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10

This could be applied to so many hobbies yet we shouldn't judge in this way.

Why shouldn't we judge? Cause everyone is entitled to spend their spare time in which way it pleases them (of course without doing harm to other people or things).

You just seem to spend that time in judging other people, maybe you are the one who should listen to himself ;)

I think you failed; just a bit :p
I don't think you can judge a whole community in 2 lines cause is consisted of different people.

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg

:p You kinda have to have a real job in order to be able to LN2 overclock :p