• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which is the BEST cooler for i7 3770K & V Formula

System Name To be ALL IN ONE MACHINE. but not yet
Processor i7 3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z&&-V Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow
Memory Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 8GB *4 = 32GB
Storage Samsung pro 840 256GB, Segate 3TB and 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" Full HD LED
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Power Supply Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 850 Watts
Software Windows 7 ulimate 64bit
Ok Guys,

So I have decided to buy TPC 812. Just tell me about its noise level, I hope it's not disturbing.Please reply.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Cadaveca, what do you think is the reason those liquid coolers perform worse than a classical air one? I mean, the TPC 812 looks big and capable, but... it just doesn't make sense :confused:

I own the Hyper 212+ EVO, and while it performs very well for its price (laughable compared to what others cost), I don't particularly like the force the retention bracket creates, and suspect some room for temperature improvement in there. I don't know how could I help that though, and I am not that handyman type of guy (and very clumsy on top of that), so I started looking for alternatives. I was this close to buying H90i (some basic reviews I managed to google up looked very promising) at some point, but ultimately didn't by anything, and it seems I did the right thing. There are too many options, and even more opinions...

edit: I googled around for some reviews and the TPC looks like a big fail so far.

Last edited:
Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Cadaveca, what do you think is the reason those liquid coolers perform worse than a classical air one? I mean, the TPC 812 looks big and capable, but... it just doesn't make sense :confused:

I own the Hyper 212+ EVO, and while it performs very well for its price (laughable compared to what others cost), I don't particularly like the force the retention bracket creates, and suspect some room for temperature improvement in there. I don't know how could I help that though, and I am not that handyman type of guy (and very clumsy on top of that), so I started looking for alternatives. I was this close to buying H90i (some basic reviews I managed to google up looked very promising) at some point, but ultimately didn't by anything, and it seems I did the right thing. There are too many options, and even more opinions...

edit: I googled around for some reviews and the TPC looks like a big fail so far.
yes, I tend to agree with Octopuss. The performance is not that good after reading below reviews.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/[primary-term]/cooler_master_tpc_812_review

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-TPC-812-CPU-Cooler-Review/1553/5

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/coolermaster-tpc-812_6.html#sect1

really confused as what to buy, I think EVO 212 might be better.

For cpu coolers, Frostytech is my guru. They have been doing cooler reviews for 14 years. The TPC 812 got really good results there ( top 5 BTW ), so I suggest go for it.

cadaveca

My name is Dave

I dunno, man, that how it is in my house. You're more than welcome to come into my dining room and try for yourself. I got lots of hardware, and that's just what my systems show. I wondered the same about the reviews myself, but then I find that my own opinion differs from other sites often. So I do not know what to tell you other than come and try for yourself. Maybe I got a magic cooler, or maybe my Corsair cooelrs are bad...all like 6 of them. :p:

System Name HTPC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory Kingston Fury Renegade RGB 32GB Kit (2x16GB) 3600Mhz DDR4 CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage Acer Predator GM7000 4TB / WD Blue SN570 1TB / TOSHIBA HDWD130 3TB
Display(s) LG Oled 42C3
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
nice 7 Z87 boards :p

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
Is that a giant red dildo on the floor? :D

Anyway... considering the liquid coolers are rather costy, it's probably best not to hastily get one (I really liked the H90i, but if the frame can go this wrong, screw it!).
The TPC 812 on the other hand, it's just weird. Not that I don't value your opinion more than random reviews on sites I never even heard of, but after seeing four out of four reviews universally say the cooler is unimpressive (in one case it was directly compared to EVO, which was only like 1°C worse, but three to four times as cheap), it just makes you think.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Cadaveca may see better temps with the TPC 812 due to height above sea level.

As for the issue he had with the Corsair cooler I had the same thing happen with my Thermaltake Water 2.0 PRO on the VERY first install the plastic backplates are extremely cheap flimsy plastic.

The plastic used in friggin cool whip bowls is more durable :roll:

System Name HTPC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory Kingston Fury Renegade RGB 32GB Kit (2x16GB) 3600Mhz DDR4 CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage Acer Predator GM7000 4TB / WD Blue SN570 1TB / TOSHIBA HDWD130 3TB
Display(s) LG Oled 42C3
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Anyway... considering the liquid coolers are rather costy, it's probably best not to hastily get one (I really liked the H90i, but if the frame can go this wrong, screw it!).
The TPC 812 on the other hand, it's just weird. Not that I don't value your opinion more than random reviews on sites I never even heard of, but after seeing four out of four reviews universally say the cooler is unimpressive (in one case it was directly compared to EVO, which was only like 1°C worse, but three to four times as cheap), it just makes you think.

thats a power tool :roll: FTFY

cadaveca

My name is Dave

I know. I have talked to one reviewer only that agreed with me about this cooler. As to the AIO water coolers, I actually really like them a lot, that's why I have so many. On the other hand, the mountings for these coolers blows chunks. I really wanted to use my H90 in my board review rig, but I'll have to figure out a better back plate solution, like the one the H100 uses, which s all metal, and unlikely to have this problem. You could say, that the mountings do play a role in how coolers work.. perhaps I got a cooler with stronger springs than the reviewers did, and the reviewer's opinion was what made them change that...

What I can say is that the TPC812 still proves itself capable for my uses, which includes multiple mountings every week.

Really, I don't care about brand, whatever, I am just relating my own experiences, even in my reviews. I don't doubt other reviewers are as well. The fact of the matter is that when you get parts for review pre-launch, often what you get and what are on store shelves may be slightly different. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes, it's bloody horrible. :laugh:

nice 7 Z87 boards :p

You count poorly. :roll:

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687

cadaveca

My name is Dave
It doesn't matter how many. That looks like a fun bookshelf.

Well, I'll be able to tell you a whole lot more, by way of the front page, over the coming weeks. :)

And perhaps there are other shelves....

:pimp:

Oh, and all of those boards were cooled by the TPC812. And a H100. :roll: They are both there in that pic...:p So is the H90. Among other things.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Software Windows 10 x64
I would be VERY interested in direct comparison of EVO and 812 done by reliable source.

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
I dunno, man, that how it is in my house. You're more than welcome to come into my dining room and try for yourself. I got lots of hardware, and that's just what my systems show. I wondered the same about the reviews myself, but then I find that my own opinion differs from other sites often. So I do not know what to tell you other than come and try for yourself. Maybe I got a magic cooler, or maybe my Corsair cooelrs are bad...all like 6 of them. :p:

http://img.techpowerup.org/130526/DSCF8914782.jpg
Ohh thats a great room with all those gadgets, I would love to be there.
You should upload some of your videos doing review on youtube as well, cadaceva:rockout::rockout::rockout
However I have decided to buy Gigabyte UP7 which itseld has some cooling stuffs on the board so I guess TPC 812 will work well with motherboard.:nutkick: