• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2 Hits Retail

Sin

News Editor
Announced a little over a month ago, the SuperNova 1000 G2 is the latest addition to EVGA's SuperNova power supply series and is now available for purchase. Major European and North American retailers have listed the unit during the last few days, with prices falling inline with segment norm, around €/$ 180. The SuperNova 1000 G2 is the second high output unit of the series, after the SuperNova NEX1500 Classified, which received mixed reviews and failed to generate the desired traction for EVGA's recent PSU venture, partially because of its price (being the most expensive consumer PSU on the market at launch) and partially because of its lackluster performance for a halo product.

The SuperNova 1000 G2 is based on a leading platform from renowned OEM/ODM, Super Flower, a first for EVGA which previously collaborated with Etasis Electronics (for the SuperNova NEX 1500 Classified) and FSP (for the rest of its SuperNova lineup). While Super Flower's aformentioned platform, dubbed Leadex, is itself new, we did get to see it put through its paces by OklahomaWolf at jonnyGURU.com, where it performed exceptionally well, legitimizing expectations of similar feats from EVGA's own version of it. The SuperNova 1000 G2 also boasts superb connectivity, offering functionality superior to most competing products, and not least, a 10 year warranty period, something no other power supply offers, except for EVGA's own SuperNova NEX1500 Classified.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
i kinda want one just for the name

Processor 8700k Intel
Motherboard z370 MSI Godlike Gaming
Cooling Triple Aquacomputer AMS Copper 840 with D5
Memory TridentZ RGB G.Skill C16 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Crucial MX SSDs
Display(s) Dell U3011 2560x1600 + Dell 2408WFP 1200x1920 (Portrait)
Case Core P5 Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) Essence STX
Power Supply AX 1500i
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win10
Thank god they chose Super Flower, they should just redo the 1500W model now that they are at it.

That one was hilariously failtastic.

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
This would be amazing accept for the red PSU cables. Red is fine if you have red accents in your system. But if you are running blue or white accents or maybe even green this is a bad option.... or you will have to spend time re-sleeving the cables.
I know that should not be the only thing someone should buy a computer part based on..... but it will cause some people not to spend the money. EVGA should have kept all of their cables black or gave people more options like Corsair

nice move picking super flower as the OEM of their high end psu. IMHO, if you want a very good
high end psu, choose either superflower or seasonic.