• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Pulls a Fast One with E3 Xbox One Demos

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
A good deal worse? An X1950XT easily matched the Xbox360. The problem was that people making the comparison often used PC monitor resolutions for the PC and the Xbox360 was only rendering games at 1280x720, sometimes even lower and barely managing a steady 30FPS. Once you dropped the PC resolution that low the X1950XT matched the Xbox360 easily.

Anyway, here is a decent $400 gaming build:
Once You Know, You Newegg

After rebates it is $427, close enough to $400, and it will play anything out and in the reasonable future at 1080p. Also, it comes with 3 current AAA titles, I wonder how many the PS4 will come bundled with...zero...

Although the PS4 will have a OS which could add a easy $100 for most people.

EDIT: Although with Steam and a like around i think the PC is the cheaper option.

MatTheCat II

A good deal worse? An X1950XT easily matched the Xbox360. The problem was that people making the comparison often used PC monitor resolutions for the PC and the Xbox360 was only rendering games at 1280x720, sometimes even lower and barely managing a steady 30FPS. Once you dropped the PC resolution that low the X1950XT matched the Xbox360 easily.

After rebates it is $427, close enough to $400, and it will play anything out and in the reasonable future at 1080p. Also, it comes with 3 current AAA titles, I wonder how many the PS4 will come bundled with...zero...

Back then, I still had a 3:4 CRT monitor that I ran at 1025*768 or whatever. I can assure you, that my Radeon X1950XT did not run CoD4 anything near as well as it ran on the 360. I should know, I had that card and I tried it. I considered the game unplayable on my PC at the time, but very playable on the 360. I wasn't bothered though. I was all about BF2 back in them days.

Putting everything else that you have listed in your budget gaming rig to one side for a moment, and focusing on the graphics card. The 7790 is about the same level of graphics card as is in the Xbox One. However, obviously the same thinking that was behind the force/failware, Windows 8, it also behind the XBox One. The clear and obvious choice for console gamers' (who aren't retards) this time around, will be the PS4. Cheaper, none of the draconian DRM or the Orwellian prying potential, and notably more powerful a machine. The GPU driving the PS4 is an equivalent of the HD7870. Considerably more powerful than the HD7790, and that isn't taking into consideration the 8Gb of GDDR5 VRAM, compared with the 1GB of GDDR5 on that 7790. And then we have the fact that developers are always able/prone to getting much more punch out of the consoles per horsepower unit than they can out of the PC.

Therefore, you have failed miserably in your attempt to beat the up n coming $400 consoles with your $400 rig, which in my opinion, as a fussy gamer with cash to burn on good performing hardware is already totally obsolete. The consoles however will be good for 8 years.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

What you have done, newtekie1, is prove a valuable point. In the same neighborhood of price, you have come up with a rig which will play comparably to either PS4 or Xbone right now, but can be improved upon as time dictates. It won't be long before the new consoles are still stuck in 2013, and you have advanced with the times for a couple years. :toast:

By the time 5 years have passed, PS4 and Xbone will be left impossibly far behind, and we'll see the same thing we see now, with horrible looking games compared to their PC versions, and which don't quite play as well either.

Last edited:

MatTheCat II

What you have done, newtekie1, is prove a valuable point. In the same neighborhood of price, you have come up with a rig which will play comparably to either PS4 or Xbone right now, but can be improved upon as time dictates. It won't be long before the new consoles are still stuck in 2013, and you have advanced with the times for a couple years. :toast:

You guys can delude yourselves all that you want for whatever reasons you wish.

But if you had access to any 7 year old rig, even one that was high end at the time and would have cost much more to put together than the price of a console, and tried to play any modern title on it such as CoD Black Ops or even FIFA 13, and then compared the performance to how these games play on the current gen of consoles...........then you will be forced to realise how wrong your whole PC v Console appraisal is.

P.S. I have tried running these games on a pseudo 2006 machine.....an Athlon 6000+ X2 CPU, 4GB RAM, and a Radeon 6670 GPU (considerably more powerful GPU than what is in the consoles), the results were pretty damn ugly and in FIFA's case, the game was unplayable.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
But if you had access to any 7 year old rig, even one that was high end at the time and would have cost much more to put together than the price of a console, and tried to play any modern title on it such as CoD Black Ops or even FIFA 13, and then compared the performance to how these games play on the current gen of consoles...........then you will be forced to realise how wrong your whole PC v Console appraisal is.

Except for those of us that DO still have a high-end machine from 5-6 years ago in the house (P5Q Deluxe mb, QX9650, 9800gt, 4gb RAM -not listed in my specs or sig), and have watched my teenagers play the same games as me over the years, and noticed just how incomparable the two systems are as far as quality. Best examples: Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, Black Ops, Call of Duty, etc... So I commend you for trying to make a valid argument, but I have the past 5 years of direct comparison in the same house at the same time. The 360 became ancient by the 3rd year. And then I was able to move on and improve that rig as games became more trying and demanding by doubling RAM to 8Gb, upgrading to a GTX285.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
You guys can delude yourselves all that you want for whatever reasons you wish.

As hard as I try, I still can't play Starcraft II or Dota II using consoles (the two games which suck up 90% of my gaming time for the past 7 years).

Can you show me how? :eek:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Back then, I still had a 3:4 CRT monitor that I ran at 1025*768 or whatever. I can assure you, that my Radeon X1950XT did not run CoD4 anything near as well as it ran on the 360. I should know, I had that card and I tried it. I considered the game unplayable on my PC at the time, but very playable on the 360. I wasn't bothered though. I was all about BF2 back in them days.

Odd, my X1900GT0 that was unlocked to an X1950XT played CoD4 just fine on my 1280x1024 monitor I had at the time, it looked better than my Xbox360 version too.

Putting everything else that you have listed in your budget gaming rig to one side for a moment, and focusing on the graphics card. The 7790 is about the same level of graphics card as is in the Xbox One. However, obviously the same thinking that was behind the force/failware, Windows 8, it also behind the XBox One. The clear and obvious choice for console gamers' (who aren't retards) this time around, will be the PS4. Cheaper, none of the draconian DRM or the Orwellian prying potential, and notably more powerful a machine. The GPU driving the PS4 is an equivalent of the HD7870. Considerably more powerful than the HD7790, and that isn't taking into consideration the 8Gb of GDDR5 VRAM, compared with the 1GB of GDDR5 on that 7790. And then we have the fact that developers are always able/prone to getting much more punch out of the consoles per horsepower unit than they can out of the PC.

Yes, and no. I wasn't trying to beat the PS4, just get close to it. The computer isn't as powerful as the PS4. However, the argument was that you can make a decent gaming rig for $400, and I did just that. It will handle every modern game with ease.

Comparing the amount of GDDR in the PS4 to just the graphics card is wrong. The GDDR5 in the PS4 is used for system memory as well, of which the PC I built has 8GB of, so the total amount of RAM in the PC is 9GB. And at the medium settings that the 7790 will be used at, 1GB will be enough.

Therefore, you have failed miserably in your attempt to beat the up n coming $400 consoles with your $400 rig, which in my opinion, as a fussy gamer with cash to burn on good performing hardware is already totally obsolete. The consoles however will be good for 8 years.

Considering I wasn't trying to beat the PS4, I didn't fail at all. I can't fail at something I'm not doing.

And you bring up a good point. The console will be good for 8 years, it will also remain exactly the same for 8 years. Which means the games in 8 years will look pretty much the same in 8 years as they do today. However, the PC I picked will be able to have small amount of money put into it over the years to actually improve on it.

And lets talk about all the extra things the PC is capable of. I find it hilarious that console manufacturers are always trying to add functions into their consoles that have been part of PCs for ages. Besides that, lets see one of the consoles run Office. Lets see one that can even print to a wide range of printers.

Oh and then there is backwards compatibility. My PC can play pretty much any game from the past 15 years. Will the PS4 or Xbone be able to play any old games? No. Here is something ironic, my PC can play PSX and PS2 and (likely)PS3 games!:wtf:

Last edited:
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
There's a tool called 3D Analyze that simulates different GPUs

MatTheCat II

Except for those of us that DO still have a high-end machine from 5-6 years ago in the house (P5Q Deluxe mb, QX9650, 9800gt, 4gb RAM -not listed in my specs or sig), and have watched my teenagers play the same games as me over the years, and noticed just how incomparable the two systems are as far as quality. Best examples: Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, Black Ops, Call of Duty, etc... So I commend you for trying to make a valid argument, but I have the past 5 years of direct comparison in the same house at the same time. The 360 became ancient by the 3rd year. And then I was able to move on and improve that rig as games became more trying and demanding by doubling RAM to 8Gb, upgrading to a GTX285.

Stop moving the goalposts please.

QX9650 did not come out until 2008. XBox was out 2006, and that CPU alone cost more at release than the cost of the whole 360 console....

PCs consoles PC consoles PCs Consoles ........jeeeezus.

We all know that PCs are more powerful than consoles and that we all prefer PC gaming to console gaming.......it is just that the rest of the world doesn't share in our wisdom and preference for the superior, and vastly more expensive platform.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
2013-2008=5. I said 5-6 years. And I am in a unique position to have used that pc until December last year, and observed the quality of the games my teenagers played drop abysmally as the years went on compared to the same games on pc. I gave a very fair representation of a high end system from back then, which you yourself said to throw up there.

The point of this article wasn't pc vs console, it was that MS had to use a high end pc to sell the public on the games and quality. But the specs of that system far, far outweigh the mid-level gaming specs of TODAY, which is where the new consoles are. What about in 5 months?

I myself probably will buy one of these systems...they have their uses, as has the 360 in my house for years, but they cannot keep up with PC's. They become outclassed in very short order by even mid-range pc's.

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
An 8-Core AMD CPU that is the equivalent of about a $150 PC CPU. I'd say that is pretty close to entry level gaming PC , and the video card is definitely entry level gaming PC.

Usually, I would agree with that statement, except in this case, Jaguar (which shares the same architecture as Kabini) was designed from the ground up to be a low power CPU to compete with the likes of Atom; a quad core Kabini (theoretically half the power as the 8 core parts depending on clock and memory bandwidth) can beat a Cortex A15 or an Atom z2760 in terms of raw CPU performance, but is easily beaten by even a low power dual core i5 Ivy Bridge:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6974/amd-kabini-review/3

So don't let the "8-Core" title fool you, these are cores for optimized for very low power use, and really don't compare all too well to a full blown desktop PC processor.

Last edited:
System Name scrapper
Processor Intel i5-6600k @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr4 @3000
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 EVGA SC
Storage 2x 500GB Samsung 850 SSD
Display(s) CrossOver 27" 1440p LG IPS @ 120Hz
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
Usually, I would agree with that statement, except in this case, Jaguar (which shares the same architecture as Kabini) was designed from the ground up to be a low power CPU to compete with the likes of Atom; a quad core Kabini (theoretically half the power as the 8 core parts depending on clock and memory bandwidth) can beat a Cortex A15 or an Atom z2760 in terms of raw CPU performance, but is easily beaten by even a low power dual core i5 Ivy Bridge:

So don't let the "8-Core" title fool you, these are cores for optimized for very low power use, and really don't compare all too well to a full blown desktop PC processor.

the one good thing about these 8-core consoles is that games will finally be optimized to use at least 8-cores (they will have to be if they even want them to be playable on consoles) so this means my FX-8350 @ 5.0Ghz will really start showing off what it can do as far as gaming here soon... CAN'T WAIT

(also can't wait to get a PS4!)

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
the one good thing about these 8-core consoles is that games will finally be optimized to use at least 8-cores (they will have to be if they even want them to be playable on consoles) so this means my FX-8350 @ 5.0Ghz will really start showing off what it can do as far as gaming here soon... CAN'T WAIT

(also can't wait to get a PS4!)

Not necessarily, both consoles will dedicate one or more cores to run background tasks such as OS and downloads while gaming, both Sony and MS have confirmed that.

However, you can't deny the trend is for the development of multi threaded game engines, and we might finally start seeing games that utilize 4 or more cores on PC as an added benefit as you said :)

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I showed a guy who I work with this thread and article and he got so defensive about the Xbox One and Microsoft. Saying its normal practice. my rebuttal back was "Right its a standard practice to have dev kits at gaming conventions showing off the new games, on normal PCs that have hardware CLOSE too what the console will have." :rolleyes:

andresgriego

Other people in this thread have explained how these consoles could perform comparably to high end PC hardware. With an optimized OS, you bypass useless layers of functionality that you don't need on a gaming console, and at the same time you can optimize communication paths of those you do need. Windows is multipurpose, bloated and farty.

Yes, and they aren't going to be doing the same kind of work as a desktop processor with the implied, associated OS, so you can't really compare them to anything in the desktop world. It's not a proper comparison.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
so you can't really compare them to anything in the desktop world. It's not a proper comparison.

Except the specs are set now...not even at high-end hardware levels as a unit (and yes, we can compare this time, because Sony and MS both basically built pc's), and will be frozen there for 6 to 8 years. Blink your eyes and you miss advances in the PC world.

After 3-4 years, game manufacturers will be once again working their hardest to squeeze every bit of performance they can out of antiquated hardware. The PC world though will have moved well along, and will play the same titles (of those that are released to PC as well) at superior scope, magnitude, speed, and graphical quality.

andresgriego

Except the specs are set now...not even at high-end hardware levels as a unit (and yes, we can compare this time, because Sony and MS both basically built pc's), and will be frozen there for 6 to 8 years. Blink your eyes and you miss advances in the PC world.

After 3-4 years, game manufacturers will be once again working their hardest to squeeze every bit of performance they can out of antiquated hardware. The PC world though will have moved well along, and will play the same titles (of those that are released to PC as well) at superior scope, magnitude, speed, and graphical quality.

No, what I meant is just because the cores of the jaguar fall under an entry level category in the desktop world doesn't mean they aren't up to job of running a gaming console, even in a mediocre sense. They're impressive, especially if they harbour the hUMA technology.

Last edited:
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.

Don't forget the lack of a $50-$60 premium to play a multiplayer game online :p

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
So if we can emulate Xbox one with a PC, why not get a PC and install a hacked Xbox one OS and get the best of both worlds?

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
You can prolly run the XboneOS in Hyper-v or Vmware

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Yeah, I foresee some emulators coming real soon for PC.

illincrux

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. The Alpha dev kits were using similar components. The game will look the same. It's a common practice in the INDUSTRY!

You guys are killing me with your ignorance. This happens at EVERY LAUNCH E3, it is standard stuff.

They are not trying to trick anyone. E3 is at a weird time of the year when the code is not finished or even near finished. All the developers are still working on the game while E3 is going on, they just needed to provide a stable branch of code and probably used a development kit or a pseudo development kit to run the code.

Every person here should

1) learn how to code games
2) Should go behind the scenes at E3 and find out what is really going on behind the curtains.

E3 is really an awkward time for developers because they are still using old hardware and still providing either demos to take time out of coding for the game for weeks to just provide a simple demo that may not be in the final game and is on old pieces of hardware.

Don't know if this guy is a payed shill or just arrogant?

You seem to not know anything about Federal Laws having to do with fraud: US Code - Chapter 47

Just because it's E3, doesn't give anyone legal and moral immunity to fraudulence....

illincrux

So if we can emulate Xbox one with a PC, why not get a PC and install a hacked Xbox one OS and get the best of both worlds?

The best of both worlds? :banghead:

Both the Xbox One and Windows 8 are spiralling towards doom. In fact, I just switched over to Ubuntu 13.04 since it appears to finally have the support and mainstream capabilities that it nearly had 2 years ago when I last checked it out.

If anything, I'm curious to know if you can install Linux on the PS4 since you can do it with the PS3. In fact, Sony was encouraging it so perhaps they will with this next generation?