• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maximus VI Formula Show Casemod MbK

Hi my fellow modders,

I would like to share with you what I have made for ASUS and Cooler Master. Assignment was for Computex.

Maybe you already seen some pictures on Facebook but here is the buildlog with a whole lot of pictures

Not sponsored but provided by:

Early April I received an email from Cooler Master, if I was interested in making a casemod for Computex.
After some email traffic it became clear that the deadline was the 2nd week of May .... wow
I also heard that it should be done with a new type of motherboard from ASUS, so I could not refuse. So this will be a great challenge with this kind of deadline.

What's gonna be in this build:

We've decided that i'm gonna use a Cooler Master Cosmos II again. Normally I never mod two of the same cases, but for this build I would like to make an exception.

The Cooler Master Cosmos II

For the cooling CPU and mobo I picked out a beautiful Prestige Cooler Master Eisberg 240L

Unpack

Beautiful pump and block

240 rad with G1 / 4 connections

Accessories for every conceivable sockets etc.

Really nice set I think.

For the fans I've chosen the XtraFlo 120 Red LED fans

Everything is powered by a Cooler Master V series 1000W

Then it was time for the ASUS products :) it's always nice to receive packages ... especially if it is not in the store yet.

From ASUS I've got the Republic Of Gamers Raidr 240GB SSD

And a Asus GTX680-DC2-4GD5 with EKWB waterblock

Some nice Corsair Dominator GT CMGTX7 RAMs

And then came the new motherboard, the....ASUS Maximus VI Formula

CPU will be the Intel Core i7 4770K

Very nice!!!

Next update the real modding begins ;)

Update!!!

First we check ;)

And now...it's modding time :)

Because I didn't had much time to make this build, I have used some ideas (and pictures) from my previous Cosmos II build.
Similarly, the side cover, Cut a aluminum plate and bent it.

And made an aluminum strip for the LED strip and for mounting the acrylic midplate

For the 5.25 bayside I've cut another 3mm acrylic piece

Black color on it.

In the lower cover I've cut 4x 120mm holes and covered it with glossy black vinyl

Again I used the same cutouts as the original of the Cosmos II for the front and top

But this time I used a piece of 5mm clear acrylic

And also a piece of black glossy acrylic

Placed a red SMD LED strip around the side of the 5mm transparent acrylic. On this I placed the black piece to get a nice effect. Btw. the sliding panel has again a layer of carbon vinyl.

Did the same for the top cover.

Installed the Eisberg 240 rad on the inside with the Cooler Master Xflow fans mounted on top.

And here it is.

And we go inside again. I have cut another piece 5mm acrylic for the midplate.
This is mounted on the aluminum strip and again with a red strip SMD. What gives a nice effect.

Placed it.

And made a 2nd layer underneath the top midplate, also with a LED strip

In order to fill the whole case a bit, I'm gonna use a MCP350 pump with a EKWB 2x res + top.

Installed the hardware for positioning, cut out the shape of the pump from the top midplate.

Ofcourse all will connected again with 12/10mm solid tubes. Btw. the reservoir under the GPU is just for support ... GPU with waterblock is pretty heavy ;)

Also connected the Eisberg with the solid tubes.

For the fillport of Eisberg I let it run to the middle (behind) of the other reservoirs and let it go up. On top I've made a fillport with a valve.

The GPU out goes to the reservoir

The whole picture :)

Finally I have made 2 res holders to keep everything in place. Also mounted on a piece of acrylic which is also closing the 5.25 bay. Again a LED strip on top for a nice effect.

That's it for now :)

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Very Nice!:respect:

0liveO1

Hello :)

Awesome work ! And with one of the sexiest motherboard ever :D

I really love rigid tubing, and would like to go for it with my next mod. However, I was wondering if the SLI fittings really can keep up with the liquid flow when they do not "compress" the tubing to keep it tightly in place, like when you use 90° fittings.

e.g.

If you pull the fittings on the VGA block to the right, I guess the tube's gonna slip off the SLI fitting. On this example, the water flows from left to right, but if it was flowing from right to left, woudn't the tubing comme off with the flowing liquid's pressure ?

Thanks in advance for you feedback ;)

Update!!!

Cut all the tubes to the right size and connected them ... and time to fill with pastel red liquid.
First filled the loop from the Eisberg set. Because the Eisberg radiator is on the same level as the fill port, I placed a 90 degrees fitting into the fill port and placed a valve.

The GPU has his own loop. Pump -> RAD -> GPU -> RES

Made the lower midplate red, which now looks like it has red liquid on it
And I have made a piece of acrylic to support the GPU

RAIDR :) :) :) love it

The guys from Parvum systems made 2 ROG logos for me. Only needed to place the red and white acrylic behind it.

LEDs lower part on.

Made some light ​​behind the logo. Red distorted a bit in the picture, but is really red ;)

Again the sidepanel with XL window.

Placed the other ROG logo on the inside.

Offcourse some light behind it.

And some last pictures.

The case finished.

Time to bring it to Cooler Master NL.

Going for a long trip to Taiwan

Special thanks for this build goes to:

- ASUS HQ
- Sven ASUS Benelux
- Nick Cooler Master
- Raymen Cooler Master
- Gert Cooler Master
- Marco Cooler Master ( Good luck with your new job )
- And the guys from Cooler Master for the proper care of the packing and shipping of the build.

Grtz.

0liveO1

I really thought I could get a simple answer for what seemed to me to be a simple question. But I guess you posted you rig here only for people to look at, but not to ask for advice on what you did...
Anyway, great build, requiring great talent, just too sad you don't share your experience.
Cya then

Processor Core i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Extreme
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 Samsung HYK0
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Extreme
Storage Samsung 830 SSD
Display(s) Dell U2311H
Case Dimastech Benchtable
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W
I've seen your build on Facebook and damn it's so SEXY :D Well done mate! This black/red combo never manages to let me down.

System Name 0BL1V10N
Processor Intel Core i7 11700K @ 5.1GHz all-core turbo
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Taichi
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360 (with stock CM fans), 12x Pccooler Moonlight Series ARGB 120mm fans
Memory (4x16GB) 64GB Mushkin Redline Lumina 3600MHz 16-19-19-39 XMP
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID 24G (not using stock fans) (+150MHz core, +1000MHz memory)
Storage Western Digital Black SN850X 2TB Gen4 NVMe
Display(s) 1x Alienware AW3821DW (3840x1600@144Hz), 2x Dell SE2717H (1080p@75Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719 Anthracite Grey
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modius + Drop THX AAA 789 + Custom Planar Magnetic Headphones
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1200W (12VHPWR)
Mouse Logitech G502 X Plus
Keyboard Too many custom mechanical builds to list...
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
That is a fine piece of work. I love it!

Hello :)

Awesome work ! And with one of the sexiest motherboard ever :D

I really love rigid tubing, and would like to go for it with my next mod. However, I was wondering if the SLI fittings really can keep up with the liquid flow when they do not "compress" the tubing to keep it tightly in place, like when you use 90° fittings.

e.g.
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx233/kier1976/NEW/Computex/empty/DSC01918.jpg

If you pull the fittings on the VGA block to the right, I guess the tube's gonna slip off the SLI fitting. On this example, the water flows from left to right, but if it was flowing from right to left, woudn't the tubing comme off with the flowing liquid's pressure ?

Thanks in advance for you feedback ;)

The tubes are pushed really tight into the C47 adapter, so they dont come of easily

I really thought I could get a simple answer for what seemed to me to be a simple question. But I guess you posted you rig here only for people to look at, but not to ask for advice on what you did...
Anyway, great build, requiring great talent, just too sad you don't share your experience.
Cya then

missed your previous question, my apologies

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
One of the cleaner and better Co. themed builds I've seen in a while. The red coolant makes the whole thing pop. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

0liveO1

The tubes are pushed really tight into the C47 adapter, so they dont come of easily

missed your previous question, my apologies

Thanks for the anwser. My apologies too for misjudjing your non-response ;)

I guess you have been using 12mm outer diameter tubing. Or is it 13mm ? I already ordered the C47 adapters, but can only find 12mm outer diameter tubing.