• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Intros Two New Silent Pro Gold PSUs For The European Market

Sin

News Editor
Available until recently only in the APAC markets (Asia-Pacific region), the 450 W and 550 W version of the Silent Pro Gold series can now be purchased in most EU markets as well. The European consumers tend to prefer lower output PSUs when compared to most other mature markets, especially the NA ones, so units like these two usually sell in better volumes here than elsewhere, fact which explains Cooler Master's decision to expand its European PSU offerings with two low(er) output models.

The two units discussed here don't bring anything particularly new to the table, in fact they harbor internal electronics that are well known and widely available, being sold by numerous other vendors already. The units are underpinned by FSP's well known Aurum platform, a group regulated design that is rather average in all regards except efficiency, being an 80 Plus Gold certified product. Cooler Master discarded FSP's multi-rail setup and opted for single rail designs with the Silent Pro Gold 450 W and 550 W, the two units also make exclusive use of Japanese capacitors. MSRP for these new Silent Pro Gold PSUs is set at €60 for the 450 W version and €70 for its 550 W sibling.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cyclops

I always wonder why they release something for a specific region and not for other parts of the world. I guess that's why I'm not in their marketing department.