• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Toshiba Announces New 14-Inch and 15-Inch Ultrathin Laptops

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today expanded its portfolio of ultrathin laptops with the new 14-inch Satellite E45t and 15.6-inch Satellite E55t/E55Dt models. Built with the latest technologies and intuitive touchscreen and voice controls, these ultrathin PCs offer versatility for both productivity and entertainment in a distinctively thin design.

"Thin is in," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Our expanding line of ultrathins is designed to be more accessible to consumer looking for a thinner, more stylish PC that delivers the same class of performance and features as a traditional laptop - at a price point that is competitive with a traditional laptop."

Sleek, Thin Design
The Satellite E Series features a sleek, yet durable brushed aluminum casing with Toshiba's modern Skyline design and stand at less than an inch thin. Both also include reinforced LED backlit keyboards, making typing comfortable in all lighting environments. The 15-inch models also include a built in 10-key numeric pad, great for productivity applications.

More Intuitive Interaction with Voice and Touch
Dragon Assistant on Ultrabook models leverages the power of speech recognition technology, giving users the freedom and flexibility to control applications using their voice. Simply speaking, "Hello Dragon," launches the assistant and allows people to search the Web, find content on their laptop, play music and movies, check and reply to email, update Facebook and Twitter, make Skype calls and even shut down, restart or put the laptop to sleep.

Satellite E Series models feature touchscreen displays with 10-finger touch support, ideal for interacting with Windows 8. The Satellite E45t features a 14-inch diagonal HD display, while the Satellite E55t/E55Dt features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD display.

Smart Multi-tasking. Superb graphics performance. Excellent Battery Life.
The Satellite E series offers a choice of the latest processors from Intel and AMD. Models equipped with 4th generation Intel Core processors deliver smart multi-tasking and stunning visuals, as well as the latest Ultrabook technologies, including Dragon Assistant voice control technology, Intel Smart Response technology and Intel Wireless Display. Models equipped with AMD Accelerated Processing Units feature the quad-core A6 APU, which brings fast and fluid performance along with the graphics horsepower of AMD Radeon. Battery life ratings are optimized for life-on-the-go, ranging from 7 hours and up, depending on model and processor.

All the Essentials
Unlike many other thin-and-light laptops, the Satellite E series includes generous local storage option ranging from 500 GB to 750 GB. Both ultrathins feature all the essential ports, including HDMI, Ethernet, SD Card slots and two USB 3.0 ports, one with USB Sleep & Charge, and one USB 2.0 port. Configurations also include powerful dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and stereo speakers with DTS Studio Sound that provides rich audio performance optimized for music and movies.

Pricing and Availability
The 14-inch Satellite E45t will be available on August 4, 2013, exclusively at Best Buy stores, BestBuy.com and Toshiba Direct. The 15.6-inch Satellite E Series will be available in September 2013 at major retailers and e-tailers nationwide and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com. Pricing for the Satellite E55t/E55Dt will be announced closer to availability.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Win8 is looking uglier day by day...

Too bad, no sale. I would definitely buy the 14" model with the A10-5750 APU but the A6 doesn't meet my needs. Too bad Toshiba, you lose.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Too bad, no sale. I would definitely buy the 14" model with the A10-5750 APU but the A6 doesn't meet my needs. Too bad Toshiba, you lose.

Doesn't every single corporation in the world "lose" to you? Excluding AMD obviously.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2

what if i told you, okay, this is going to be a mindblower. what if i told you that you can replace the processor? i put an a10-4600m in a toshiba l840d and it worked perfectly. and it was cheaper than getting the machine with an a10 in the first place.