• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cubitek Announces Silent Mini-ITX Aluminum Chassis ? Mini Center

Sin

News Editor
Cubitek Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce a completely aluminum, silent Mini-ITX chassis with minimalistic aesthetics - the Mini Center. Its minimalistic styling, compact size and passive cooling, make the Mini Center an unobtrusive addition for any nook or cranny in the living room as an HTPC or as an elegant office PC.

Silent Chassis
The Cubitek Mini Center has an advanced passive cooling design and strategically placed ventilation further aided by the heat dissipating aluminum construction.This translates to silent performance when connected to the TV or sitting on the desk in the office.

Compact
The Mini Center with dimensions of (W 200 x H 250 x D 200mm / 7.8" x 9.8" x 7.8") can be placed in any spot. While being compact, this completely aluminum chassis can still hold the hardware needed for capable HTPC / office systems. Up to two 2.5" HDDs or one 3.5" can be mounted on the bottom of the chassis. There are two expansion slots for VGA cards up to 180mm (7.0") in length. CPU coolers up to 85mm and standard form factor PSUs are also accommodated.

Minimalistic
The brushed aluminum exterior on the front and sides of the Mini Center give this Mini-ITX chassis a minimalistic, elegant feel. The front and sides are not interrupted by anything such as button, lights or ventilation as to add a classical style to whatever room the Mini Center is in.

Connectivity
On top of the Mini Center, so not to interrupt the minimalistic front aesthetics, you can find all the ports needed: 2 x USB 3.0, Audio, and Mic, easily accessible.

Pricing and Availability
The Mini Center will be available through selected partners in various countries in August for the suggested retail price of 59.90 excluded VAT. Additional product Information can be found here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
I like it. And for only 59.90 (I'm hoping that's in dollars). I'm gonna grab one of these if they become available here.

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Follow the link to Cubitek's site, click on "Gallery", and take a close look at the pictures. This case makes too many sacrifices in the cooling department for the sake of being quiet. The front, top, bottom, and sides of the case have no ventilation holes whatsoever. The only holes are on the back of the case. Do their engineers even know the meaning of the word "airflow"?

Cubitek has one picture with the power supply mounted in the case. There appears to be a 10-15mm gap between the p.s. fan and the (solid) side of the case. Apparently, this is supposed to be the primary air mover. :shadedshu

I have no doubt that the lack of holes will make this case very quiet, but it also makes the case very hot. It's likely to slow-roast your computer parts. That's too bad; it had some real potential.... :ohwell: