• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI Gaming M7 AC
Cooling AlphaCool Eisbaer 360
Memory G. Skill Trident X DDR4 8GBx2 (16 GB) 4266mhz dimms
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr GTX 1080 Ti
Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Samsung 28 inch 4k Freesync monitor
Case ThermalTake V71 Full tower gaming case
Power Supply Corsair 1200 watt HX Platinum PSU
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Das tactile mechanical gaming keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
All very heavy but politics where man is concerned is nothing but a guise. We're heavily evolved apes with the same backwards animalistic tendencies built in. We are violent, territorial creatures that have developed a great sense of empathy with others. In short we are chaotic and unpredictable. We are also very prone to egotistical pomposity.

Existence beyond God is chaos and chance. Politics cannot tame that. We muddle by trying to find reason and explain ourselves through abstraction when in reality we are just highly intelligent animals.

The only real system that befits humanity is egalitarian anarchy. But that is impossible.

Just my two cents.

Anyway, who's buying a GTX 780 Lightning? :laugh:

If there is a god, god is chaos.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
If there is a god, god is chaos.

Yeah the God reference was to imply those with faith in any supreme being have a predetermined existence. Without God, there is no such thing, except universal entropy. Everything belongs to chaos.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Is it strange that while taking a bus around central london I tend to think of it as a glorified C-130 and a little voice in my head shouts "CLEAR THE RAMP!" & "PREPARE TO JUMP!" before the bus stops and I make my exit?

First voice is from that guy in the landing craft during the Omaha beach scene in saving private ryan - the second quote is from band of brothers when the troops para-jump into occupied normandy.

Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
This is the main problem. The leaders of any communist party always seem to "need" more than others. Which is why I cannot support communism.

By the way back when That Thatcher b...ch ruled Britain for the bosses and crushed the unions, we in the US raised tens of thousands in support of the Kent coal miners. We even had a support committee and flew a couple of miners over here to do a speaking tour across the States to explain the issues of the strike. One of our comrades was from Britain and he had gone over there during the strike to build ties with the strikers. Many of us still have friendships with some of those blokes to this very day.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
By the way back when That Thatcher b...ch ruled Britain for the bosses and crushed the unions, we in the US raised tens of thousands in support of the Kent coal miners. We even had a support committee and flew a couple of miners over here to do a speaking tour across the States to explain the issues of the strike. One of our comrades was from Britain and he had gone over there during the strike to build ties with the strikers. Many of us still have friendships with some of those blokes to this very day.

Perspectives...... I have been anti Thatcher pretty much all my adult life, however the coal mines were leaking huge amounts of money, many were unproductive, run poorly and the owners had pretty much lost control of their own assets to the workers, unions et al, there was continual resistence to change, modernisation etc, the cost to the UK tax payer by 1983 was something in the region of 6 billion a year, continual strikes and loss of productivity in the 3 years running up to the closures also affected general manufacturing adding several billion more, most people from most political and social backgrounds with the benefit of hindsight would look back and agree it was the right thing to do, less of course the miners and trade unions.

At the time I was in agreement with the miners and unions and sympathised, however I was young and not particularily well informed.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

As Tatty said, the miners and unions were beginning to ruin the balance of everything, and they abused the power they had. They all had big tantrums because they werent getting what they wanted. Even today unions control a large percentage of the government parties. Every single year teachers strike, say they dont get paid enough. I am a member of support staff, I choose not to join a union, and I havent had a cost of living pay rise for the last 4 years (that's a neat loss of money if I count inflation), and yet we never strike. I dont mind if unions exist to protect employees, but nowadays they merely abuse the system. Thatcher may have been exceedingly disliked, but at least she crushed the unions before they genuinely believed they could run the country by disrupting people's lives on a daily basis.
Everybody is angry for what she did, but everybody also knows what she did was right.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Perspectives...... I have been anti Thatcher pretty much all my adult life, however the coal mines were leaking huge amounts of money, many were unproductive, run poorly and the owners had pretty much lost control of their own assets to the workers, unions et al, there was continual resistence to change, modernisation etc, the cost to the UK tax payer by 1983 was something in the region of 6 billion a year, continual strikes and loss of productivity in the 3 years running up to the closures also affected general manufacturing adding several billion more, most people from most political and social backgrounds with the benefit of hindsight would look back and agree it was the right thing to do, less of course the miners and trade unions.

At the time I was in agreement with the miners and unions and sympathised, however I was young and not particularily well informed.

Of course the costs were to the bosses mainly. So with a straight face you can tell me the living standards and conditions of the British working class have risen since the destruction of the mining , dock, and newspaper unions? I think not. The same road to the bottom has occurred in the states. The losses in wages have been severe. They are actually far worse than what the data suggests. You may ask why. The answer the US government rigs the Consumer Price Index the same way Barclays rigged the Libor index. They never include food costs and the cost of gasoline and heating oil. So you can easily double the real price increase per centage each year. As we have no choice but to eat and heat our homes and most have to drive to work because of the inadequacies of public transport outside of 3 or 4 large cities in the states.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
i wouldnt go that far, if it wasnt for the government abusing its powers the unions wouldnt of needed to react the way they did.

as for what she did being right, yea well my town still aint recovered 30 years on as we still have higher than average unemployment after the mines closed. they was the biggest employer in this area and nothing has been done to replace them.

modernisation would of been the right thing to do, instead now we have to pay top dollar to fuel the power stations we still have which use it instead of using coal mined in the uk. not to mention the other resources which they would of no doubt found by now. so we have to get over the barrel for the russians.

well done....

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
So with a straight face you can tell me the living standards and conditions of the British working class have risen since the distruction of the mining , dock, and newspaper unions? I think not.
P

Yes I can tell you that the living standards and conditions of the British working class has deteriorated since then. However I cannot agree to any arrangement which robs the state and hands it to inefficient industries.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Yes I can tell you that the living standards and conditions of the British working class has deteriorated since then. However I cannot agree to any arrangement which robs the state and hands it to inefficient industries.

*reads post, looks at government, pisses ones self laughing*

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
*reads post, looks at government, pisses ones self laughing*

Mind you the government is not doing anything right at the moment, but on the other hand I still think what Thatcher did was right.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
i wouldnt go that far, if it wasnt for the government abusing its powers the unions wouldnt of needed to react the way they did.

as for what she did being right, yea well my town still aint recovered 30 years on as we still have higher than average unemployment after the mines closed. they was the biggest employer in this area and nothing has been done to replace them.

modernisation would of been the right thing to do, instead now we have to pay top dollar to fuel the power stations we still have which use it instead of using coal mined in the uk. not to mention the other resources which they would of no doubt found by now. so we have to get over the barrel for the russians.

well done....

Forgive me for replying to a couple of people's comments but only quoting you (I'm lazy :eek:). I continue to sympathise with those ex mining communities that are still suffering from the pain that was caused by mine closures, mainly because i don't care about institutions, government or politicians, I care about people, my comments earlier on the subject were playing Devil's Advocate...... not taking sides.

As for your comments specifically, and again playing Devil's Advocate, even if Thatcher had not taken this stance, this country would have no significant mining industry today, you may or may not be aware that at the time of the strikes, 60% of coal used by industry in this country was actually imported, mainly from Argentina, simply because to import it was cheaper than buying locally sourced coal because miners but more importantly their Unions did not want modernisation and resisted it for 20 years, because inevitably modernisation increases efficiency, lowers the workforce and thus reduces costs, they were the instigators of their own industry's downfall ultimately (Unions NOT miners). At the time of closure, coal was pretty much the most expensive form of fuel, add to that the increased Yeilds of natural gas from the North Sea AND the increasing majority of housholds moving from coal to Gas and it resulted in a pretty bleak outlook...... of course at the same time the industry was being subsidised with Billions of taxpayers money.

Also, without playing Devil's Advocate now, so a personal view, I struggle to support any strike (and I beleive in the Unions and the voice of working people) when a National ballot of members DOES NOT take place, the one year long strike never went to a national ballot, whole splinter groups of the NUM representing specific Regional area's were against the strike and they were Blackmailed and bullied to the point of threats on life to participate.

Lastly, as for standard of living in the UK for working class people.... I agree, to me it has gone downhill, part of this is due to the recession to be fair, just go ask someone from Greece, Portugal or Spain and they would probably say the same but I do agree much is "self induced", however how many workforces can boast (for want of a better word) of a minimum wage, a benefits and health system etc etc like ours? Is it broken....... yes probably, but possibly less broken than most others :D

Software Windows 10 Pro

well done....

That is the spot on truth of the matter. The bosses raking in trillions and we are relegated to the scrap heap like we are garbage. That is the core of the problem. That is why I am not a reformer , but a revolutionary. The system is the problem not merely some political figure. Labor is just as guilty on this as the Tories. Look when the great rebellion ocurred 2 years ago, when that copper murdered that black worker. That was an opportunity for the whole working class to rise up. So what happens? The youth both black and white fight back, but with no organized leadership so of course the media and government focus in on a few thugs who did bad things, instead of the the underlying message of racism and working class dissatifaction. And where was the Labour Party? Villyfying the youth and joining forces with the other capitalist parties against our class.That was the proof in the pudding that Labour is a bosses tool, not an instrument of change.
So we communists are not lunatics we are grounded in the reality our class faces and are fighting to build the unity and fight back . We have a vision for the future, a world where we pull together, not for the bosses profit , but for the good of humanity. It is survival thinking not head in the clouds.Love all my mates in Britain.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
However, in the case of the coal industry in the UK.... noone was raking in anything, certainly not trillions, the industry had not drawn even across the board for years hence the government subsidary, yes you could argue that the action was short sighted, in so much as closing the mines when they did may have saved billions however the actual cost in social terms was much greater than the savings made, probably in unemployment terms alone, I can only guess at the financial cost of an additional 250,000+ unemployed, let alone the social destruction it caused.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
However, in the case of the coal industry in the UK.... noone was raking in anything, certainly not trillions, the industry had not drawn even across the board for years hence the government subsidary, yes you could argue that the action was short sighted, in so much as closing the mines when they did may have saved billions however the actual cost in social terms was much greater than the savings made, probably in unemployment terms alone, I can only guess at the financial cost of an additional 250,000+ unemployed, let alone the social destruction it caused.

Closing the mines was fine, its what the government did after that which is wrong: they could have poured in the billions saved into retraining and equipping the workforce with something to continue their lives. Instead what we have right now are pools of people on benefit, and very few if any willing to tackle the problem heads on.

Power corrupts, this is something which happens with almost 100% certainty given enough time. With that in mind, I strongly prefer benevolent dictator style of government.

Software Windows 10 Pro

So mate we are not so far apart as when we started the dialogue. I appreciate your thoughts. I am in favor of modernization, but jobs and living standards must be protected. That is the problem, they never are. So progress to those at the top usually means suffering and hardship for most people. Every human being in my book has the right to a job, decent healthy food, a dry, warm roof over their head, good education for their children, and excellent heath care. Not asking for a private island, personal chef, nor private jet. We are willing to work , it is central to human dignity. So tell me why over 5 billion of the 6 billion on this planet do not have all these important components of a decent life? It is mind boggling the potential humanity has if it is harnessed and all are given work and purpose. Capitalism is the crime. The working class has the solution in its grasp. If we dare to struggle and dare to win.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
So mate we are not so far apart as when we started the dialogue. I appreciate your thoughts. I am in favor of modernization, but jobs and living standards must be protected. That is the problem, they never are. So progress to those at the top usually means suffering and hardship for most people. Every human being in my book has the right to a job, decent healthy food, a dry, warm roof over their head, good education for their children, and excellent heath care. Not asking for a private island, personal chef, nor private jet. We are willing to work , it is central to human dignity. So tell me why over 5 billion of the 6 billion on this planet do not have all these important components of a decent life? It is mind boggling the potential humanity has if it is harnessed and all are given work and purpose. Capitalism is the crime. The working class has the solution in its grasp. If we dare to struggle and dare to win.

Good points and I agree with most of them and yes, whilst we may have a different take on things I think our views have much in common. Not everyone wants to work though, many want something for nothing, there is a clear line to be drawn between those that "expect" and those that "deserve". A typical example in the UK with a minimum wage is simply that a large majority of the long term unemployed are simly unemployed because they will not work for the minimum wage, expectations over the last 50 years have become so great we have imploded. In my current role I work a lot in partnership with large organisations, many of which take social responsibility very seriously and work with my organisation (A large national youth charity) to support young people into work and training. Recently I was visiting a DHL logisitics warehouse in the Midlands, I met many of the workers and was taken aback by the amount of Eastern European workers.

During a discussion afterwards with the management I mentioned this, only to be told that out of a shop floor workforce of 502, 501 of them were Eastern European and just the one was a Brit, when i questioned why, the reply was that almost all unemployed Brits refuse to work for the minimum wage which was their starting wage, this wage incrementally increased after the first 6 months, I left the vist dismayed, angry and very saddened. This is where I become more "hardline", I am of the view that if you are not prepared to contribute you should forgo the right to all those things you mentioned in your previous post.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
During a discussion afterwards with the management I mentioned this, only to be told that out of a shop floor workforce of 502, 501 of them were Eastern European and just the one was a Brit, when i questioned why, the reply was that almost all unemployed Brits refuse to work for the minimum wage which was their starting wage, this wage incrementally increased after the first 6 months, I left the vist dismayed, angry and very saddened. This is where I become more "hardline", I am of the view that if you are not prepared to contribute you should forgo the right to all those things you mentioned in your previous post.

Most unemployed brits, at least in my area, simply cant be bothered to work. They are brought up in similar environments, parents do nothing all day, they wonder why should they work when they can get paid to do nothing, and get paid more for having more children? They dont want to get paid minimum wage for putting in effort. They're so lazy, they want a lot for nothing. And yet the British people complain about European workers "taking their jobs". You cant steal something that isnt somebody's in the first place.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
Shall we get back to more general nonsense such as crushing bottles in cleavages and the cost of memory? :D

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Shall we get back to more general nonsense such as crushing bottles in cleavages and the cost of memory? :D

I want to replace my processor. In general its good, but it requires 1.32v for 4.4Ghz which is awful. I cant decide whether to get an i5, or i7, or whether to go for a new haswell processor-mobo bundle. I was also half tempted to get a 2700K

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
I want to replace my processor. In general its good, but it requires 1.32v for 4.4Ghz which is awful. I cant decide whether to get an i5, or i7, or whether to go for a new haswell processor-mobo bundle. I was also half tempted to get a 2700K

meh get an 8350 and give me some competition LOL

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
meh get an 8350 and give me some competition LOL

I was also considering that, paired with a Gigabyte UD5 or the dreaded Sabertooth. Catch is my waterblock is for intel.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
I was also considering that, paired with a Gigabyte UD5 or the dreaded Sabertooth. Catch is my waterblock is for intel.

didn't you get the xspc kit which had the mount for AMD as well :confused:

I think johan just blew up his sabertooth from benching LOL I kind of dominated majority of the 8350 benches on H20

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
didn't you get the xspc kit which had the mount for AMD as well :confused:

I think johan just blew up his sabertooth from benching LOL I kind of dominated majority of the 8350 benches on H20

Ah yeah I do still have the AMD clamp for it. It's either a 3770K or a non hyperthreaded 4 core with a new mobo, cant decide.