• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Teams Up With Warner Bros. on Batman: Arkham Origins

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
No, it's not just your nVidia card. TressFX works properly ONLY on the 7xxx generation cards. On my 5870CF I had to disable TressFX because from ~70FPS in some scenes it would go down to 10-15FPS, while the average was around 25FPS. As you can see is more than half of th FPS being lost. So you are lucky with your nVidia card actually. :D

TressFX works fine.

What people do not understand, is that it is a compute based physics feature. Basically meaning you need a GPU good at compute, which is what GCN architecture is very good at. 5870s, were junk with compute, and Nvidia Kepler, is the same way unless you have a Titan, or a Quadro/Tesla card.

Kepler has had its double precision part of the GPU completely stripped from it for the GeForce series, which is why performance with TressFX isnt that great on Nvidia cards, or other cards that are weak in compute (5870s).

I played and beat Tomb Raider with a gtx680, and once Nvidia was able to get drivers released that worked well with the final game code, the game ran like butter. I was getting 50-60 FPS constant maxed (it would drop below that, but not long enough for me to notice. And my eyes are pretty tuned to dropping frame rate too). I get even more now with the 780. Geforce cards handle TressFX through pretty much brute force, since their compute performance is lack luster.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
I was responding to Fourstaff accertion (sic) that Nvidia engineers were sent over to make a game better
By pointing out features that are obviously only for the PC edition ? Why, how strange and unexpected that a company with vested interest in PC gaming, and whose added features aren't compatible with the pre-G80 architecture of consoles concentrate on the PC market.
It's not some thing that will get most people buy a nVidia card although it might encourage people with ATI cards to get a nVidia card as their second.
Blocking shit though drivers is so lame. and all they have to say is that ATI and nvidia configs are not supported but may work.
Pricks..
Let me ask you...who is responsible for making sure the PhysX driver and the AMD driver+ Catalyst work together ?

AMD wouldn't let Nvidia within a hundred miles of their driver code, and I sincerely doubt that AMD would have the time, inclination, or track record to ensure that third-party feature software from a direct competitor runs as advertised, and continues to do so as drivers and architectures change.

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
How is your comparison supposed to make sense? I'm not a console gamer, I don't care about and don't play that platform. Console platforms are fixed/static. We're talking about the PC platform here, and the proprietary / locking out bullshit happening within the same platform.

Are you saying that proprietary stuff is more important then game content? Imagine GTA V multiplayer is PS3 exclusive. :rolleyes: