• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Avexir Core Series 3100 MHz 2x 4 GB DDR3

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Sadly that is how many of us think of you... If you find it funny, great for you... keep on publishing articles as these, we will enjoy it from the sideline... :nutkick:

Good. I think competitive OC is killing the enthusiast industry. So if you guys don't like my reviews, that's perfect in my books. you're misleading the industry for personal gain, anyway, by pushing competitive OC. This is why board makers are more focused on gamers now...extreme OC is great, but is just a niche of a niche, and no minority should control the interests of the majority without letting the majority voice their opinion.

Really your reply makes me even wonder harder if you ever really explored timings, let alone contacted Ry. I'm really looking forward to this guide you put together.

You can check Kinpincooling for Shammy's benches looking at IVB-E/X79 memory choices. The differences are there, for sure, but they are not that large:

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2420

Wow do we really need 2.1volts to beat your 3100MHzC12 single sides MFR performance ?... Maybe we did something wrong and can do it with far lower VDimm and beat you in efficiency in everything except raw MHz...

This, probably true. I have 8 sticks of 2666 C10, 12 sticks of 2666/2800C11, high-bin PSC, BFR's, etc, etc. I prefer MFR for daily use and initial testing. The others are for when going for records.

MFR is great for binning IMC and CPUs for those hardcore runs. the lower voltage required to scale up the frequency makes MFR perfect for pre-testing for LN2. Also great to test and see how well BIOSes are tuned. If you read my conclusion, I simply said that this memory is a great testing tool, but not for everyone. You seem to imply I think everyone should buy this ram...and I don't.

BTW:

Just so you see I even talked to dumo about these comments. :p

Last edited:

leeghoofd

I'm misleading nobody nor pushing any technology. In fact I'm doing the total opposite of what you are implying. Darn man are you really pointing a finger at me ? I tell the manufacturers these kits are for bragging rights, speed records and that's it. This is what an honest reviewer also should tell their readers too. Performance is not here with single sided MFR... heck otherwise we all would be ditching our PSC, BBSE and Sammie kits...

Hey man, I'm not a competive Ocer. I do it for fun, just the same as the kid in the street pimps his bike. There's no money involved for me, in fact it only costs me money :p

The only thing I see at first glance in Peter's thread is that MFR at 3100MHz get's aswhooped by any other dimm in that test. In fact you see some other kits drop performance the higher they go in frequency. Ever wondered why ? On top of that, that is 3D, let's try a SuperPi game, where ICs and timings really matter. C'mon Dave now you are resorting to a quad channel platform to save your conclusion. Two of these kits then ? Crap, no more kidneys left to buy a second kit...

Plz compare these MFR's at XMP versus eg a Samsung 2400C9 kit and tell me the outcome plz... then let us talk about performance again... I know what I tested and saw, any particular reason you are only including single sided sticks in these reviews ?

Hey don't worry I won't be back, i hope you find the answers soon... Till then there seem to be some weird analyzing issues going on here, that my LN2 drained brain can't handle...

Kind regards from the niche minority

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
all I am seeing here right now in this thread = :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Honestly I cant stop laughing :roll: :laugh:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I'm misleading nobody nor pushing any technology. In fact I'm doing the total opposite of what you are implying. Darn man are you really pointing a finger at me ? I tell the manufacturers these kits are for bragging rights, speed records and that's it. This is what an honest reviewer also should tell their readers too. Performance is not here with single sided MFR... heck otherwise we all would be ditching our PSC, BBSE and Sammie kits...

My "you" was a generalization, speaking of myself, even, not you personally. :p How high and mighty we are. :p I deeply and sincerely (really) apologize if that's what you read, but that's not what I meant.

At the same time, competitive benching is all about the points, period, so the best performance wins. But for me, performance isn't all I review a part on...there are many criteria that dictate the end score. For you..it clearly is, or you'd not have these complaints.

http://img.techpowerup.org/130909/mfr622.jpg

Just so you see I even talked to dumo about these comments. :p

That's funny.

1) You gave Gskill only 9.0, and a Highly Recommended-award. That's nothing like this near-perfection score you've given in this review.
2) That evaluation is defendable for a USD $370 product. The kit's not outrageously overpriced.
3) Following your Gskill article, I already posted a complaint on my own forums. You know I did - you mentioned it in this thread.
4) I also used your benchmark figures for a small blog post later that week, clearly mentioning and highlighting Gskill.

You see, I have been voicing the exact same opinion about single sided MFR memory since the beginning. It does not matter what brand.

This is indeed the first time I allow myself to engage so publically about this situation. Most of it stayed over at HWBOT before. If you want to pretend it is brand related, so be it. I have made it very clear what my critiques are, and am very confident when you re-read them in a couple month's time you will find them well-balanced and objective. It is plain and simple: based on the information provided in this review (including pictures, benchmark results), the product offers neither high performance nor "boutique"-presence for this outrageous price. Drop those ratings, include a couple of tests or videos to show the boutique-ness of the product, and you have a completely different response.

Anyway, I have tried to bring reason but clearly I have failed. In fact, straight from the start you were seemingly entertained by the fact I was so disappointed. That is an interesting way to deal with readership. I guess there is nothing else to do than wish you the best.

"Rock on!"

cadaveca

My name is Dave
That's funny.

1) You gave Gskill only 9.0, and a Highly Recommended-award. That's nothing like this near-perfection score you've given in this review.
2) That evaluation is defendable for a USD $370 product. The kit's not outrageously overpriced.
3) Following your Gskill article, I already posted a complaint on my own forums. You know I did - you mentioned it in this thread.
4) I also used your benchmark figures for a small blog post later that week, clearly mentioning and highlighting Gskill.

You see, I have been voicing the exact same opinion about single sided MFR memory since the beginning. It does not matter what brand.

This is indeed the first time I allow myself to engage so publically about this situation. Most of it stayed over at HWBOT before. If you want to pretend it is brand related, so be it. I have made it very clear what my critiques are, and am very confident when you re-read them in a couple month's time you will find them well-balanced and objective. It is plain and simple: based on the information provided in this review (including pictures, benchmark results), the product offers neither high performance nor "boutique"-presence for this outrageous price. Drop those ratings, include a couple of tests or videos to show the boutique-ness of the product, and you have a completely different response.

Anyway, I have tried to bring reason but clearly I have failed. In fact, straight from the start you were seemingly entertained by the fact I was so disappointed. That is an interesting way to deal with readership. I guess there is nothing else to do than wish you the best.

"Rock on!"

Actually, thanks for the conversation. :rockout: What I found funny about it... was that cdawall posted a few days before, thinking you were banned. That post is elsewhere on the forum here. I was commenting about you posting period...he posted looking for HWBot help, and I suggested a PM to you specifically, and how thought he couldn't because of the ban, but you clearly weren't banned, which was funny. It's in the hwbot thread, for your reference. :p

Us not agreeing on something isn't reason for me to completely ignore you. I'm just some dude typing out reviews from his livingroom...I don't have to be perfectly right all the time. :laugh:

Last edited:

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
This is still going lol

well got my rig back up and running but im at work now but it's weird the speed drops on the write and copy when running higher speeds I wonder why if its just the twrrd.... but cant check right now :p

cadaveca

My name is Dave
This is still going lol

well got my rig back up and running but im at work now but it's weird the speed drops on the write and copy when running higher speeds I wonder why if its just the twrrd.... but cant check right now

It's not just twrrd, but that's part of it, for sure. Discounting issues with any IC-specific performance faults, anything over 2133 takes a hit, and moving BCLK at any point negatively affects things too. There's lots of great posts on XS about RTL training, and a perusal of the 4 and 5 GHZ Spi threads there have a tonne of info if you look at the results and timings...memtweakit hold a tonne of info. That thread is pretty valuable, but of course it's things like that that XS is all about.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
It's not just twrrd, but that's part of it, for sure. Discounting issues with any IC-specific performance faults, anything over 2133 takes a hit, and moving BCLK at any point negatively affects things too. There's lots of great posts on XS about RTL training, and a perusal of the 4 and 5 GHZ Spi threads there have a tonne of info if you look at the results and timings...memtweakit hold a tonne of info. That thread is pretty valuable, but of course it's things like that that XS is all about.

yeah I know there's alot of tweaks but thats to much for me haha never been a fan of super pi 32m and don't visit xs that much or even look at there threads....

but some benchmarks still show the speed helps then some it looks like it hurts it...

you going to join the tpu hwbot team XD lol