• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMREL Unveils the World's Lightest, Thinnest Rugged Laptop

The leader in rugged mobile solutions, American Reliance, Inc. (AMREL), announced the launch of thinnest, lightest rugged laptop on the market. Leveraging 25+ years of experience of supplying rugged computers to warfighters as well as Public Safety officers, AMREL has developed a fully rugged laptop that is just an inch thick and is so light that it can be held in one hand.

"Too many people associate rugged computers with heavy, clunky devices," explained Javier Camarillo, AMREL's Senior Application engineer. "Feedback from front-line troops, police officers, and industrial workers told us the importance of creating a lighter platform that can withstand rough use in the field. That's one reason so many people are turning to tablets and smartphones."

"However, many types of field work require extensive data input and display, so a large screen and keyboard are necessary. They also use programs that don't work on many types of handhelds. That's why we came up with a super lightweight, fully rugged laptop."

Like all AMREL products, ROCKY RS11 is fully rugged. Independently certified for MIL-STD 810 and IP65, it comes standard with a durable Solid State Hard Drive. Yet, it only weighs 5 1/2 pounds and is as thin (or thinner) than many consumer laptops.

"I can't tell you how many times people have said to me that they can't believe something so skinny and light is a rugged computer," smiled Mr. Camarillo.

Many modern applications are data-intensive. That's one reason the ROCKY RS11 has a powerful Intel Core i7 Processor.

Perfect for applications that require rigorous field work, heavy data input, and a large display, the ROCKY RS11can be used for:
  • Onsite Data Collection & Management
  • Front-Line Mapping & Situational Awareness
  • Oil & Gas, Mining, & Construction
  • Field Research & Surveying
  • Combat Control Solutions

Visit: RS11.AMREL.COM

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Sierra ~ Server
Processor Core i5-11600K ~ Core i3-12100
Motherboard Asus Prime B560M-A AC ~ MSI PRO B760M-P
Cooling CM 212 Black RGB Edition ~ Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 64GB (2x 32GB) DDR4-3600 ~ 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 6950 XT ~ EVGA GeForce GTX 970
Storage 4TB Samsung 990 Pro with Heatsink NVMe SSD ~ 2TB Kingston NV1 NVMe SSD + 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell S2721QS 4K 60Hz ~ N/A
Case Asus Prime AP201 - Open Frame Chassis
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 850W ~ Thermaltake Smart 500W
Software Windows 11 Pro ~ Proxmox VE
Benchmark Scores Laptops: Dell Latitude E7270, Dell Latitude 14 Rugged 5420.
Intriguing. I like that it includes an SSD.

But toughbooks look so cool!