• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Headphones

animalcrossing64

I was wondering if you guys and gals could help me with my shopping. I'm looking for a reliable pair of headphones preferably earbuds, that will last me a long time. I'm trying to spend the least amount of money possible to get what I want. I'm just going to be using them to listen to music in my house and not disturb others, so ''sound-proof'' would be nice.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Thanks! :toast:

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Those look okay for the price! That is dirt cheap. I used to go with cheap earbuds until I needed a better sounding and more durable set. I found Ironbuds...they are modular, come with extra buds and tons of tips all in a decent case that also fits my sansa mp3 player. For the price Iron buds takes the cake for me...I prefer them to most of my full-size headphone collection. Sound great amped or unamped, and they do a great job of keeping sound isolation both directions for me at pleasant listening volumes.

http://www.acousticforge.com/

I know it's a lot more than what you have, but they're worth a look. Though I'm sure the Rosewill pair will probably treat you fine, I say go for it if that's your budget!

:toast:

animalcrossing64

Those look okay for the price! That is dirt cheap. I used to go with cheap earbuds until I needed a better sounding and more durable set. I found Ironbuds...they are modular, come with extra buds and tons of tips all in a decent case that also fits my sansa mp3 player. For the price Iron buds takes the cake for me...I prefer them to most of my full-size headphone collection. Sound great amped or unamped, and they do a great job of keeping sound isolation both directions for me at pleasant listening volumes.

http://www.acousticforge.com/

I know it's a lot more than what you have, but they're worth a look. Though I'm sure the Rosewill pair will probably treat you fine, I say go for it if that's your budget!

:toast:

Thanks for responding. Those headphones are sick! I just personally don't need all those features right now. I guess the rosewills get one check so far. I thought they were decent and thats all i'm really looking for. I think im gonna go with them, but ill wait to purchase to see if I get some more input. Thanks again!

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Pick up some senns or shures.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
You have a budget in mind? Also, are you looking for anything from your headphones other than durability and low sound leakage? Judging from your link to the Rosewill RHTS-12007, it seems to be below 30 USD. The "best bang for the buck" headphones are around 50-100 USD.

There's the Superlux HD669. It won't leak sound since it's a closed headphone, but the initial clamping force is a bit strong and your ears will sweat from the tight seal and thick non-porous pleather. However, the detachable cable design makes it very friendly for your needs (it comes with a 1 meter and a 3 meter long cable; you can even combine both). The HD669 may be a bit difficult to find outside of Europe and Asia (I'm assuming you're from the USA due to the Newegg link) and the price varies depending on where you are but should be around 50 USD, give or take 15. A similar model at the same price, the Superlux HD668B and the rebranded Samson SR850, is more widely available in the States. However, they are "semi-open" and may leak sound, especially if you like to listen at very high volumes.

There's also the AKG K512 MKII and it goes for around 55 USD. It's very light, the cloth pads won't make your ears sweat, and the clamping force isn't skull-crushing (though that may cause sound leakage at high volumes even if it's technically a closed headphone).

System Name Parts Arriving Now...
Processor Intel i7-4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Noctua u14s w/push-pull
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 1866
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GTX 780ti Superclocked
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD black 2TB
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II 1440p
Case Corsair 750D
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-FI xtrememusic
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Software Window 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores n/a, system being built this week
If you must have some in-ear headphones (over ear are better sound quality and better for your ears) I would look at either Sennheiser or Beats, I got some Beats ear buds off ebay for my ipod for like 40 bucks (130 retail). You just need to watch for a good sale. For over ear the Beats and Sennheiser are again my brands of choice. I got a big pair of the Monster Beats from a contest and the sound quality is very high, my computer headsets for years have been Sennheiser and they make great headphones as well.