• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Storm Unveils the Trigger-Z Gaming Mechanical Keyboard

Cooler Master, a leading creator, innovator and manufacturer of desktop components and more, today unveiled the successor to the Trigger mechanical keyboard that launched the CM Storm Gaming keyboard line. Trigger-Z, a premium gaming hub and mechanical keyboard.

Fully Programmable Mechanical Keyboard
Utilize fully programmable macro and standard keys with profile management for up to five profiles and up to 75 macros. Significantly reduce setup times by storing profiles and key assignments within your Trigger-Z with 64 KB of onboard memory. Stay ahead of the competition with easily downloadable firmware and software updates via the CM Storm Gaming site at: cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/triggerz/.

Integrated multimedia keys make it easy to control your audio experience in and out of the action while the Trigger-Z Storm key can quickly disable Windows key input to avoid accidental presses during intense matches. Built-in audio outputs allow gamers to easily setup their gaming station all in one place.

Comfort is a key factor when sitting at the computer for long periods of time. A detachable wrist rest and non-slip rubber coating assist in preventing pains by providing proper support for wrists and reducing unwanted keyboard movements or slides.

14K gold plated ultra low latency USB connectors and high-grade braided cable ensure that the keyboard maintains a steady link to the PC.

Cherry MX Switches
Trigger-Z will be available in high quality Cherry MX Brown, Red, and Blue switches.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name TheRig
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 970 @ Stock
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV
Cooling Cooler Master V8
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red LED 2gb x 4
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon 6950 2gb
Storage 1x Crucial 64gb C300, 2x Seagate SV35.5 500gb
Display(s) 24" LG LED 1080p
Case Lian Li Lancool K62R1 (Red Interior)
Audio Device(s) On Board Soundblaster X-Fi
Power Supply Cooler Master SilentPro 850w
Software Windows 7 64 bit
Cool, but aside from aesthetics, I don't see what this has to offer over the original Trigger. Sure having different backlight colors is cool, but you lose the 2 USB ports on the back and the cable looks alot cheaper/thinner than the super heavy duty one that came with the original. I do think its a good idea they went from USB A to USB A instead of Micro USB to USB A though. I just hope they slimmed down the software, the original's 500+mb application didn't do anything special to warrant the huge install size, especially running it off a smaller SSD.

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
Cool, but aside from aesthetics, I don't see what this has to offer over the original Trigger. Sure having different backlight colors is cool, but you lose the 2 USB ports on the back and the cable looks alot cheaper/thinner than the super heavy duty one that came with the original. I do think its a good idea they went from USB A to USB A instead of Micro USB to USB A though. I just hope they slimmed down the software, the original's 500+mb application didn't do anything special to warrant the huge install size, especially running it off a smaller SSD.

Not much different than the previous model, as you stated. Never knew about the half gig application, yikes. Glad I chose my Ducky Shine 2 over the Storm Trigger.

System Name Aki
Processor Intel Core i5-3570
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
Cooling CM 212 Evo
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7850 2GB
Storage INTEL SSD 520 120 GB, WD Green 2TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Blue 4TB
Display(s) AOC 2353 [23" LCD]
Case Corsair 400R
Power Supply Seasonic 520W S12II
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit
Is it better than Corsair K95?

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
Both manufacturers make a quality product but I would go for the Corsair K95 just for the aesthetics.