• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Unveils the Urban T21 and Urban T31 Mid-Tower Cases

As one leading brand in the computer chassis, thermal solution, and power supply unit. Thermaltake recently reveals Urban T21 and Urban T31 (windowed/non-window) mainstream mid-tower, two new members of Thermaltake latest chassis series - Urban Series. The entire series has a sophisticated and cutting-edge look; designed for users who look for powerful performance and high expandability but with a more simple and sophisticated look.

Urban T21-A unique individual defined by details

Flawless Design

Urban T21 built with metal brushed front door panel to mask the extrusive drive devices ( 3 ODD and 6 HDD drive bays), not only unify the appearance, but also provide a simple yet elegant aesthetic; the sophisticated look can also be part of decoration at home to enhance living quality. The Front-top panel has implemented two of latest data transfer SuperSpeed USB 3.0, a HD microphone and headset jacks, to grand direct access when needed, and a side window opening panel to take an instant glance of the interior.

Advanced Ventilation & Innovation
There are two preinstalled 120 mm fans to optimize system ventilation in Urban S21. Plus pre-mounted hole for more ventilation options, users still can build up system ventilation by their preference. The latest tool-less innovation with 5.25" & 3.5" tool-free drive bay design minimized the hassles of installing ODD and HDD devices.

Maximize Expandability
Pre-mounting holes enable user to support motherboards up to standard ATX and CPU cooler installation, the extra long graphic card as well as rubber grommet holes for Advanced Cable Management and Liquid Cooling System.

Thermaltake Urban T21 suggested price: USD 69

For more details on the Thermaltake Urban T21 information please visit: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002141

Urban T31-The simple yet elegant PC enclosure

Stylish Design

Urban T31 (window/non-window) is built with brushed aluminum finish and steel mesh front door panel to mask the extrusive drive devices ( 3 ODD and 6 HDD drive bays), not only unify the appearance, but also provide a simple yet elegant aesthetic appeal; the sophisticated look also can be used to match other sleek design found in your home theatre installation. The non-window version comes with extreme silent performance. The preinstalled sound-damping foams for extreme silence purpose on both side panels of Urban T31 reduce noise and acoustic levels within the chassis.

Easy Installation
The perforated front-top panel has implemented two of latest data transfer devices with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports along with two USB 2.0 ports, a HD microphone and headset jacks, to grand direct access when needed. Top-mounted 2.5" or 3.5"HDD Docking Station enables blazing fast file transfer and effortless hot-swap drive replacement design for easy setup or removal of storage or backup media.

Advanced Ventilation & Innovation
There are two preinstalled 120 mm fans to optimize system ventilation in Urban S31. Plus pre-mounted holes for more ventilation options, allowing users to build up system ventilation to their preference. The latest tool-less innovation with 5.25" & 3.5" tool-free drive bay design minimizes the hassles of installing ODD, HDD and other bay mount devices.

Maximize Expandability
Pre-mounting holes enable users to support motherboards up to standard ATX and a rear CPU cutout in the motherboard try to assist with cooler installation and even extra space for extra long graphic card as well. Rubber grommet holes are inched to ensure cables can be tucked away for effortless cable management along with liquid cooling tube routing.

Thermaltake Urban T31 suggested price: USD 89

For more details on the Thermaltake Urban T31 information please visit: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002142

Thermaltake Urban T31 (Window) suggested price: USD 99

For more details on the Thermaltake Urban T31 (Window) information please visit: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002143

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name IVY BRIDGE
Processor i7 3770K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Cooling PHANTEKS TC14PE
Memory GSKILL ARES DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX 770 WF OC
Storage SAMSUNG 830 / GSKILL PHOENIX / SAMSUNG F4 / SEAGATE MOMENTUS / SEAGATE HDD 1.5
Display(s) ASUS 24" / DELL 20"
Case CORSAIR AIR 540
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DG
Power Supply COOLERMASTER V700
Software WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE x64
i think i prefer the non windowed version, much cleaner

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Not a traditional TT fan since I last had one of their cases (Soprano) and I thought they were always a bit plasticky and cheap, though this looks very nice, windowed version for me :D

Sad part is 155mm cpu cooler support, budget case and you can't even put a decent air cooler in it.

Processor 4GHz intel i7 950
Motherboard GA X58-USB3 F5
Cooling Noctua C12P
Memory 48GB G.Skill RipjawsZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 480 873/1746/1848
Storage Intel 520 Series
Display(s) HP 2210m
Case Antec 300
Power Supply Antec True Power New 750
Software Windows 8 Pro
I have the S31, same internals different top front and front. Who needs air cooling? I have a 280 top 240 mid and 120 rear rads, 8 drives, 6 cores 8 DIMMS and two GPUS :)
I would however not recommended this case. It's cramped, there's no room behind the tray the hdd sleds little nubs break easy, same with the front door, the fit and finish is bad. But if you like the styling you'll have to live with an overpriced under featured case.
A really good example is the top bottom and front fans require special screws and while there's space for 5 fans there's only screws for 3,I hope the T31 fixes this major flaw.

Last edited:
I have the S31, same internals different top front and front. Who needs air cooling? I have a 280 top 240 mid and 120 rear rads, 8 drives, 6 cores 8 DIMMS and two GPUS :)
I would however not recommended this case. It's cramped, there's no room behind the tray the hdd sleds little nubs break easy, same with the front door, the fit and finish is bad. But if you like the styling you'll have to live with an overpriced under featured case.
A really good example is the top bottom and front fans require special screws and while there's space for 5 fans there's only screws for 3,I hope the T31 fixes this major flaw.

If I had money for all that I wouldn't even consider budget case like this, but as it stands, it needs atleast 160mm cooler support.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
.....love the clean mature look.....thanks Corsair for shifting the chassis world

System Name [WIP]
Processor Intel Pentium G3420 [i7-4790K SOON(tm)]
Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
Cooling [Corsair H100i]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB-2400-CL10 DDR3
Video Card(s) [MSI AMD Radeon R9-290 Gaming]
Storage Seagate 2TB Desktop SSHD / [Samsung 256GB 840 PRO]
Display(s) [BenQ XL2420Z]
Case [Corsair Obsidian 750D]
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro / Linux Mint 15 / SteamOS
.....love the clean mature look.....thanks Corsair for shifting the chassis world

That's been done plenty before, it's only when Corsair did it, coupled with the vast numbers of Corsair fanboys that sales started slightly dictating design directions.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
There is a difference between Making a good product(setting a standard which others duplicate) and making a Successful one(people buy it, your name is known for it) . I own no Corsair cases...yet recognize their SUCCESSFUL execution of said design which results in sales....you know what businesses are in business for. Thermaltake is smart to follow suit. And while others such as Lian li might make make a superior product, Corsair prices and market penetration get them the recognition from the masses. We had tablets way before the Ipad.... apple made it successful. Nexus, Asus, lenovo followed suit and profited as well. Apple still gets the credit. Anyway Great looking case, keep it up Tt.

Processor 4GHz intel i7 950
Motherboard GA X58-USB3 F5
Cooling Noctua C12P
Memory 48GB G.Skill RipjawsZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 480 873/1746/1848
Storage Intel 520 Series
Display(s) HP 2210m
Case Antec 300
Power Supply Antec True Power New 750
Software Windows 8 Pro
If I had money for all that I wouldn't even consider budget case like this, but as it stands, it needs atleast 160mm cooler support.

But I didn't have money for all of that. It's all secondhand, and because I spent less overall I could jam more in :D

I never liked tower coolers anyway, I have a C12P and AXP140RT here as spare.

Really? I thought you would thank Cooler Master for introducing consumers to full aluminium cases with classy understated looks (well before Lian Li).

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified