• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS DURATHON Technology Introduction

Many researchers have pointed out that moisture is one of the key factors that would affect your PC longevity. To avoid short circuit, system instability, or even burn out malfunction caused by humid conditions, ECS Durathon Technology goes above and beyond industry standards and uses the highest quality components for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) to ensure that your motherboard can now deliver the stability, reliability and performance that we promise.

Damp Proof
ECS Durathon Technology certified Triple Density PCB adopts highest level Bi-Directional Splitting Glass Fabric, which is 3 times more effective humidity protection than general glass fabric and delivers a hassle free computing experience by solving common PC hardware problems before they can even occur.

Compare with other glass fabric, Bi-Directional Splitting Glass Fabric adopted by Durathon Triple Density PCB narrows the vacant space between the glass fabric of the PCB which can effectively lower air permeability for dampness proofing and reduce short circuit or burn out malfunction.

High Temperature Tolerance
Durathon Triple Density PCB also improves the thermal stress of the PCB and makes the motherboard more reliable against heat. ECS Bi-Directional Splitting Glass Fabric is the highest level splitting glass fabric with highest quality copper foil and resin.

Motherboard Quality You Can Trust
ECS Durathon comprises four interlocking tests and enhancements together to protect PCs and defeat all the vital causes of hardware problems and system instability, which includes Triple Density PCB, Extreme Temperature Resistance, 1.5K Marathon Testing, and Superior Solid Capacitors. When it comes to quality and durability of your motherboard, ECS goes above and beyond industry standards to ensure that you have a motherboard that will last long and continue to outperform the competition. Trust only motherboards built with Durathon Technology.

For more information about ECS Durathon:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/ECS_durathon_microsite

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
This mobo material is probably about the same quality as Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock, etc. use so this is a step up for ECS but not necessarily some great advancement.

The likelihood of mobo burnout due to moisture is just about zero from normal humidity. When you have an H2O cooler however and it leaks, then some protection might help short term but eventually you're going to fry the mobo and the CPU/GPU etc. if the H2O remains in contact with the electrical contacts.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
How is it a step up?

You realize ECS was making stuff for ASUS correct? Including their GPUs after the ASUS / Pegatron spinoff and aquistion of ASRock by Pegatron well. you get the Idea,

If its good for ECS its good for products they make for others as well should they make use of it.

System Name ChaosMoes
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3570K no OC yet
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Scythe Ninja 3 Rev. B
Memory 16GB 2xPatriot DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1866 Kit (PV38G186C9KRD, Viper 3 Venom Red)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X 8GB GDDR5 188€@13.07.19 Amazon Sale
Storage Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, + ST32000645NS Seagate Constellation 109€ reichelt.de 2012
Display(s) 27" Phillips PHL 276E9Q 189€ @ Saturn(Germany) 1.09.2018
Case Zaria A20 !!!THANK YOU TECHPOWERUP.COM!!!
Audio Device(s) onboard Sound
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
if moist is a problem for you, you don't run your system hard enought :p or watching wrong adult videos

honestly why the hell does my asrock board feature dehumidfier fan control = random fan setting to 100% even in standby or sleep???

I did carry my sistem to africa (togo to be precise) and NO theres no condensation inside even it beeing silent and with lesser heat output!

please add a water fountain to my nex gpu just for kicks of it!

if moist is a problem for you, you don't run your system hard enought :p or watching wrong adult videos

honestly why the hell does my asrock board feature dehumidfier fan control = random fan setting to 100% even in standby or sleep???

I did carry my sistem to africa (togo to be precise) and NO theres no condensation inside even it beeing silent and with lesser heat output!

please add a water fountain to my nex gpu just for kicks of it!

A lot of the "features" are just hype unless you live in Miami or the jungle where the humidity is 2000%. :wtf:

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
A lot of the "features" are just hype unless you live in Miami or the jungle where the humidity is 2000%. :wtf:

Just because a given situation doesn't apply to YOU doesn't make it useless. People seriously have to stop pretending they are the center of the universe. I guess its asking too much of a troll do some research before going on a pillage.

You need to understand that mobo makers such as ECS and Asrock (with both their HQ and manufacturing in Taiwan) has majority of their market share in South/East Asia where high humidity is common place. During summer seasons, in areas around Taiwan and Hong Kong relative humidity can reach ~90% on an average day, I've lived here for a few years and I can tell you that those kind of humidity are hardware killers, clothes hanging out to dry wouldn't dry for days. everything turns moldy and metal rust and copper turns green in a couple of month and electronics fail out of nowhere. Yea its a disaster and I'm glad that some companies are now taking steps to address this issue.

Last edited:
Processor Phenom II X4 965 BE @4 GHz | NB @2600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 2x 8GB PC12800 @1600 MHz CL7 1T
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD 7950
Storage 2 x 500 GB -- HD502HJ & WD5000AACS-00ZUB0
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite E2202WS_WVS
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2 w/ Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic X-750
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Logitech G15 (blue backlight)
Software Windows 7 - SP1 x64
Just because a given situation doesn't apply to YOU doesn't make it useless. People seriously have to stop pretending they are the center of the universe. I guess its asking too much of a troll do some research before going on a pillage.

You need to understand that mobo makers such as ECS and Asrock (with both their HQ and manufacturing in Taiwan) has majority of their market share in South/East Asia where high humidity is common place. During summer seasons, in areas around Taiwan and Hong Kong relative humidity can reach ~90% on an average day, I've lived here for a few years and I can tell you that those kind of humidity are hardware killers, clothes hanging out to dry wouldn't dry for days. everything turns moldy and metal rust and copper turns green in a couple of month and electronics fail out of nowhere. Yea its a disaster and I'm glad that some companies are now taking steps to address this issue.

Glad to hear someone who's experienced high humidity as well.

I'm not from South East Asia, but where I live, dampness levels can reach 90% or more during summer. It's not so much of an issue if you buy quality hardware, but entry-level and/or cheap hardware does suffer harshly because of it.