• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Also Introduces the TravelMate X313 Convertible Ultrabook

Offering all the benefits of an ultrabook in a unique design that easily transforms into tablet-mode, Acer America today announced that its new TravelMate X313 convertible ultrabook with Windows 8 Pro is available to commercial customers in North America. It's a versatile all-in-one solution allowing users to switch easily between office use and commuting, touch and type, and creating and presenting via the 11.6-inch convertible screen.

The new convertible ultrabook combines the many benefits of a tablet with a design that allows the touch-screen display to be used freely or in the keyboard case. With the cradle and separate keyboard, users get expansion capability enabling them to use the device like a desktop. Offering up to six hours of battery life in a 0.39-inch thin and 1.74 pound device, this convertible delivers excellent performance in a highly portable form factor.

It's an ideal computing solution for mobile workforces who create and consume content as well as those in education who work in Office applications. It's also an excellent option for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives at businesses and schools.

"Commercial customers are increasingly moving to the use of touch for many everyday tasks," said Michael O'Beirne, Acer senior director, commercial product marketing. "Whether it's web browsing, checking email or scheduling an appointment, professional users are finding touch an intuitive and easy way to interact with their computing devices. Fast and responsive, this new convertible ultrabook provides customers with the performance, quick boot time and long battery life required to be productive and efficient."

Instant On Convenience, Powerful Performance
Featuring Acer Instant On, simply closing the case puts the Acer TravelMate X313 in sleep mode and opening it wakes it in just a few seconds. A full-sized Chiclet keyboard is built into the cover, so customers can comfortably use it for writing documents and creating spreadsheets. The accompanying stylus that fits within the cover is provided for those who want the convenience of pen-based input.

Equipped with an Intel Core i5-3339Y processor (3M cache, up to 2.00 GHz), Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 128 GB of dedicated system memory, 4 GB memory and 120 GB SSD storage, the Acer TravelMate X313 equips users with the latest technology in order to accomplish even the most complex tasks. The frameless 11.6-inch IPS panel provides wide viewing angles up to 170 degrees, a vibrant 1366 x 768 resolution and integrated 10-point multi-touch technology. Dolby Home Theater V4 boosts sound via two stereo speakers, while audio and video can be shared with an external display thanks to an HDMI port.

The convertible also provides a built-in Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam with front-facing 720p HD audio/video recording and Acer Video Conference Manager software with Video Quality Enhancement (VQE) for supporting online video calls. In addition, a rear-facing 5MP 1080p HD camera captures high-quality digital images. For connectivity, it comes with Acer InviLink Npify 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS and 2.1+EDR for wireless as well as a full-sized USB 3.0 port for attaching a mouse, printer and other devices.

Built-In Acer Touch Tools
Acer's Touch Tools are handy in preparing for and participating in presentations and meetings. This practical suite enables individuals to use MemoryBinder for drawing on top of photos, ScreenGrasp for capturing images with the Acer pen, Scrapboard for collecting images and ideas, and AccuFinger, which enables users to select tiny items on-screen using fingers rather than a pen.

Robust Design, Tight Security and Efficient Management
With a scratch-resistant screen and a brushed aluminum body, the Acer X313 boasts a robust design. It has undergone temperature, acoustic noise, vibration, shock, free drop and pressure tests in order to provide commercial users, many who are frequent travelers, the most reliable all-in-one device.

Equipped with top-rate security and management software, the Acer TravelMate X313 ensures that sensitive information is safe. Acer's Recovery Management simplifies backing up and/or restoring a PC's data. In addition, Acer ProShield Manager, a suite of essential security and manageability tools, integrates key features and prevents unauthorized access while safeguarding valuable assets and data. It features pre-boot authentication and protects the notebook from the BIOS level all the way to the application level. Users can create a Personal Secure Drive (PSD) to seamlessly store and encrypt critical files, ensuring that if the notebook is lost or stolen, the data can't be accessed. It also comes with an automated solution to manage IT assets remotely.

Pricing and Warranty
The Acer TravelMate X313 convertible ultrabooks with Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit are Energy Star 5.0 qualified. They will be available this month in the U.S. and Canada at authorized Acer resellers with prices beginning at $949.99.

They come with a standard two-year parts and labor warranty. All Acer notebooks and netbooks are backed by toll-free service and support.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
From what I can see the the so called Acer TravelMate X313 Convertible Ultrabook is really not much more then the previous generation Acer Iconia W700 series which launched about the same time as the Microsoft Surface Pro (first gen).

They added a keyboard case and made some minor changes including "lowering" the resolution from 1920x1080 for its 11.6" screen down to the listed 1336x768.

The Core i5-3339Y processor, while Im sure is nice for its class, was is Ivy Bridge based and launched ~Q1 2013 (or quasi Q1).

There really isn't anything new or improved here and I don't see why they haven't moved on to Haswell.

Hell, the Acer Iconia W700 series not only had Core i5 but also Core i3 versions which were cheaper ~$700. That made sense but this X313 makes no sense at all IMO,....

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
This is a worthless item to buy. The cost is just not worth it.

Acer's "new" TravelMate X313:
- 11.6" 768p
- i5-3339Y
- 4GB RAM
- 120/128GB SSD
- 5MP rear camera, 720p front
- ~6 hr battery
- expected MSRP $950

Surface Pro 2:
- 10.6" 1080p
- i5-4200U
- 4GB/128GB config (there's a 4GB/64GB for $900)
- 720p on both front/rear cameras
- ~8 hr battery (after firmware update)
- Wacom digitizer and pen
- price = $1000

Both run W8.1, has WiFi/BT4, USB3 port, and have optional dock or keyboard case/cover.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
This is a worthless item to buy. The cost is just not worth it.

Acer's "new" TravelMate X313:
- 11.6" 768p
- i5-3339Y
- 4GB RAM
- 120/128GB SSD
- 5MP rear camera, 720p front
- ~6 hr battery
- expected MSRP $950

Surface Pro 2:
- 10.6" 1080p
- i5-4200U
- 4GB/128GB config (there's a 4GB/64GB for $900)
- 720p on both front/rear cameras
- ~8 hr battery (after firmware update)
- Wacom digitizer and pen
- price = $1000

Both run W8.1, has WiFi/BT4, USB3 port, and have optional dock or keyboard case/cover.

Yeah, like I said they basically took last years Acer Iconia W700 series model, downgraded the touch screen and made a few minor changes (a keyboard attachment). Then charged more then they did for the original W700 series.

Not a smart move IMO.

BTW, the Acer ICONIA W700-33214G06as Core i3 version (basically the same specs save for the CPU) is on sale on Newegg for ~$630 USD after coupon code EMCWWWS22. If I wanted to save money that would be the way to go IMO and probably much, much, much better then an Intel Atom based tablet or Windows RT ARM tablet.

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
Agree. Just made it easier for people to compare.