• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[build log] Project Abyss

Sponsored By

Finally got some time to get the first computer up and running in the desk got the GPU water-block attached
and getting some nice temps under idle around 25-29 GPU and 35-45 CPU under full load jumps up to 39/40
for the GPU and around 60 for the CPU with a light overclock to 4.3Ghz for now but only have the fans
attached to one radiator as i realised i ordered the wrong length screws for the 38mm thick fans.

The GPU board. it doesn't look like much when you take the stock cooler off

Had a problem with the Water-block Not sitting flat over the GPU so after removing the block and putting it back on
i forgot the back plate...

Some low temps should be good for a decent OC

and finally what happens when you forget to clean the inside of your case for 2 months

Sponsored By

Managed to get time to mount the HDD's for the First Computer and had time to get some photos

Also just realised that the UV lights have stopped working but few photos with the rest of the lights on

Unfortunately found out during the weekend that the glass for the top has still not been made as the Glazier has been on leave
but hoping that they work something out.
Hopefully over the weekend i will have time to install the Server and replace the UV lights and maybe get a light to put directly behind the Reservoir to illuminate the Blood Red Die as i noticed that it does not react to the UV light.. even though
the containers state that it does

Sponsored By

Last post for the Build finally got round to finishing it off last weekend and the glass has arived.

SSD for the Server

and of course a small GPU to get video out

Quick install of Win7 and than a bit of a tidy up

Sponsored By

Finally got the camera out of the desk to take some photos of everything under the glass.
on another note ventilation is not great going to have to address this with more fans around the desk
also the reason why the Server water cooler is sitting outside the desk anyway here are final photos
also with the last Light for the Water Reservoir

I'd like to thank EKwaterblocks for there support during this project

System Name Computor
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermaltake 3.0 Extreme
Memory KINGSTON Hyperx DDR3 8GB (2X4 GB) @ 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 vaporx oc @ 1175/1575 MHz
Storage Crucial m4(64GB) ; Hitachi deskstar 5900 rpm 32MB (2TB) ; Toshiba 7200 rpm 32MB (1TB)
Display(s) ACER 222SLQ
Case Thermaltake Element S with 25cm side fan mod
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair HX 850
Software Windows 10 64bits
ouuu yes :D

Very very nice work .

ouuu yes :D

Very very nice work .

Cheers Wish i could have spent more time designing the project but its done and finished and now on to the next project. "Project Awakening" Will be another desk build basically an attempt to correct the mistakes from this build (Ventilation, Materials, Add more Pumps and so on) I will begin a new Thread with the log once i begin building until than i leave you with 2 designs that will be used once i finish tweaking and decide on size

FIrst One 1600x600mm

and the 2nd 1600x800mm