• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Announces the Fatal1ty B85 Killer Motherboard

Christmas is right around the corner, and ASRock is ready to celebrate the upcoming merry holidays with new designed Killer Series motherboards! Standing next in line to the former ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer is yet another serious gaming motherboard, which is equipped with Killer E2200 Series LAN, Gaming Armor, Key Master and XSplit, but this time it adopts an Intel B85 chipset - ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer!

Killer LAN: No LAG, just FRAG!
If you once were or currently still are a proud online gamer, then you must understand how tormenting it is to lose due to LAG or how disgraceful it is to blame one's loss on LAG. Now with Killer LAN you won't have to succumb to crappy internet connections anymore! Killer LAN is efficient in improving UDP (User Datagram Protocol) based applications up to 5 times faster! Lab tests have proven that Killer LAN reduces the latency in games, for instance, the latency of League of Legends may be lowered by 136%, Diablo 3 lowered by 60% and DOTA2 by 47%*! Besides gaming, users can also prioritize other application's internet speed with the Killer Network Manager utility.

Heavily equipped not just for gaming, but for winning!
ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer is coated in the same red and black color scheme just as other ASRock gaming motherboards to represent intense and fierce gaming. Other than the Killer E2200 Series LAN, it also boasts Gaming Armor for extra performance and stability, which includes Hi-Density Power Connectors for the CPU power, 15μ Gold Fingers for the PCIe slot. Purity Sound 115dB SNR to provide immersive audio effects for entertainment, Key Master with both Sniper Key and Macro Key to turn your ordinary keyboard and mouse into lethal weapons! Plus a free bundle of XSplit 3 month premium for free which is worth $24.95, so that you may broadcast your exciting gaming moments online with the rest of the world! And of course, gold capacitors for extending the motherboards lifespan up to 2.5 times longer, Digi Power for providing smoother power for the CPU Vcore, Triple Monitor technology by HDMI, DVI-D and D-Sub ports on the rear I/O. All in all, what could you possibly ask for more for an awesome gaming motherboard that is destined to help you win?

For more information about B85 Killer, please go to: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20B85%20Killer/

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

great specs (especially that DDR3 3050+(OC) ),
but marketing for 12year old's at it's best.

seriously that thing "has" 2 killers on board.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
All in all, what could you possibly ask for more for an awesome gaming motherboard that is destined to help you win?

I don't know, how about non-budget chipset.

In recent years Asrock has been making quality mobos as good or better than Asus and Gigabyte, IME. That being said they need to lose the Johnny "Fatal1ty" marketing B.S. which is for 10 year old kids as is the "killer" mentality and laming nonsense for the kiddie gamers.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
:twitch: woooah this thing has gaming Armor and F stream..... so i can drop continuous f bombs as i frag the rest of you behind an extra layer of protection :rockout:.. Man i love press releases! start the day with a good laugh. :laugh: Alright board for a budget build and +1 for removing the fatality crap

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
oh HELL YES!!! KILLER KIC!!!! Killer LAN: No LAG, just FRAG!

lol