• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Delivers Catalyst 13.11 Beta9.4 Graphics Driver

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I tried this 13.11 Betta9.4 driver.. Weird shit I never seen before happened and kinda scared me for a bit. My monitor popped up a message I've never seen before... something in the line of FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE or something close to that..

also the 13.11 bv9.2 has it's issues of such but for the most all seems fine, UNTIL last night when I was letting bio-shock Infinite sit on the home screen. It went into the game cinematic and it was very jittery.. I also noticed Grid 2 was kinda blurry on the top corners of the screen. I dug around in some previous benchmarks and videos of my game play to see what driver worked the best.. I've gone back to 13.10 bv2 and every single issue vanished.

I think AMD has piled way to much into these newer beta drivers, and sure in most cases things work, but for me I always jump onto the new driver band wagon,,, I seem to be tricked into thinking that these are better but the longer I play around, the wider my eyes are open. To me a driver should look good all the time and not just some of the time.

From here on out I'm sticking with 13.10 bv2 driver and wont be testing any more until there is at least a WHQL out.

thats my 2 cents :fear:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
2nd card on the xfire setup, still runs with default freqs instead of throttling down on idle mode. Anyone knows a fix?

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
I tried this 13.11 Betta9.4 driver.. Weird shit I never seen before happened and kinda scared me for a bit. My monitor popped up a message I've never seen before... something in the line of FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE or something close to that..

also the 13.11 bv9.2 has it's issues of such but for the most all seems fine, UNTIL last night when I was letting bio-shock Infinite sit on the home screen. It went into the game cinematic and it was very jittery.. I also noticed Grid 2 was kinda blurry on the top corners of the screen. I dug around in some previous benchmarks and videos of my game play to see what driver worked the best.. I've gone back to 13.10 bv2 and every single issue vanished.

I think AMD has piled way to much into these newer beta drivers, and sure in most cases things work, but for me I always jump onto the new driver band wagon,,, I seem to be tricked into thinking that these are better but the longer I play around, the wider my eyes are open. To me a driver should look good all the time and not just some of the time.

From here on out I'm sticking with 13.10 bv2 driver and wont be testing any more until there is at least a WHQL out.

thats my 2 cents :fear:

I tried these out for a day or 2 and well, buggy wasn't the word id use!

they are crap, kept getting glitches on screen.

back to the whqls 13.4 and they are loads better for me, and BF4 is buttery smooth with decent FPS!

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
no thanks. everytime i tried a beta it totally rapes my system. still sufferring from previous beta effects. CCC still doesnt install or open.... even with older drivers after driver cleaner -.-

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
2nd card on the xfire setup, still runs with default freqs instead of throttling down on idle mode. Anyone knows a fix?

You mean besides disabling ulps? No, no fix yet.

I'm back on b9.2 for now with my 290

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Yeah saphire trixx. Check the box named ulps and that will drop the second card clocks to a low state

benjanini61

I re-downloaded the drivers, did another clean install to see if perhaps the first install was borked. Same results. Then I did another clean install, this time selecting express install (the previous 2 times I had unchecked the gaming evolved app in custom install) to see if maybe the performance tab was now somehow included with the gaming evolved app. Still no performance tab. Then went back to the 9.2beta drivers and boom the performance tab is back. Perhaps this is an issue with the 290 series cards?

Yo dude I have the exact same issue since going to 13.11 beta 9.4 drivers and I installed them on a freshly installed OS because I got an SSD a couple of days ago, so I dont think its a problem with files being left over from older versions.
And what makes it worse is anything before this driver and I get the random blackscreen that 290/x get. I have a R9 290 BTW

Any progress?

Processor Intel i7 4960x Ivy-Bridge E @ 4.6 Ghz @ 1.42V
Motherboard x79 AsRock Extreme 11.0
Cooling EK Supremacy Copper Waterblock
Memory 65.5 GBs Corsair Platinum Kit @ 666.7Mhz
Video Card(s) PCIe 3.0 x16 -- Asus GTX Titan Maxwell
Storage Samsung 840 500GBs + OCZ Vertex 4 500GBs 2x 1TB Samsung 850
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair 1000W
Mouse Razer Naga
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Zbrush, 3Dmax, Maya, Softimage, Vue, Sony Vegas Pro, Acid, Soundforge, Adobe Aftereffects, Photoshop

You may want to re-install your AMD Driver. Either that, or check if you have another program like MSI Afterburner that's pushing the 2nd gpu to be stuck in Default Frequencie with zero load. It should have 100% GPU load at idle because the 2nd GPU will push out frames, and the first GPU will just do nothing but transfer images from it's frame-buffer to the monitor. On the other hand, it shouldn't be at 1000 Mhz with no applications being used by the GPU. Ultra Low Power State (ULPS) will just push all your GPUs to 100% loads no matter what work is being done, but it doesn't effect Core/Mem Frequencies on the R9/R7 Series. I'd also check Overdrive to see if you're getting the same reading on the 2nd GPU. Usually that or MSI Afterburner will give an accurate reading of GPU Core Frequencies in real time.