• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Unveils the EK-Ascendancy Water Cooling Control Board

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is excited to give you first glimpse of the upcoming EK-Ascendancy water cooling system control board which has been in development for the past 12 months. The unit is design to work in conjuction with EK-Ascendacy software interface for Microsoft Windows but can also operate in standalone mode.

With three integrated presets and plethora of customized profiles this unit is capable of controlling your computer cooling system exactly as you want it. Powered by world renown CPUID monitoring library the EK-Ascendacy and it's Microsoft Windows based application is the ultimate solution for any avid computer water cooling enthusiast.

Hardware features:
  • direct drain FET water cooled voltage regulation module (VRM)
  • up to 150 W sustained power capable VRM
  • standard 6-pin PCI-Express power connector ensures
  • control a 4-pin molex / 3-pin DC (up to 40W) or 4-pin PWM capable water pump
  • control up to 8 4-pin PWM or 3-pin DC fans (15W each)
  • connect any industry standard flow meter (pulse sensing)
  • monitor up to 10 thermal probes (NTC thermistor)

Software features:
  • Microsoft Windows based application
  • Modern, easy and intuitive user interface
  • Custom profile creation, editing and management - from fan hysteresis to flow meter pulse tuning
  • CPUID SDK support allows monitoring of all vital parameters of your computer
  • Logging function of all parameters

The unit is now in validation phase where all potential flaws will be ironed out. EK will offer both full- as well as light 5.25" drive bay version without the front facing LCD and interface.

The light version without the front facing LCD will be available by early March 2014, pricing is yet to be announced.

It is worth noting this product is - like most EK Water Blocks products - completely designed and manufactured in Slovenia, Europe!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
If I was as enthusiastic now about water cooling as I was 5 years ago, I'd be all over this.

My current solution is simple:
  1. An old Koolance controller showing the temperature of the waterblock (the most critical component), it will also shut the system down if the block reaches 95F.
  2. An EK reservoir so I can see the flow via the whirlpool
  3. A manual fan controller and my ears to hear how loud the fans are :)

System Name Queen Bee
Processor 3570k @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte UD3 Z77
Cooling Water Loop by EK
Memory 8GB Corsair 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 Gaming WaterCooled
Storage 1x Western Digital 500GB Black 1x Intel 20GB 311 SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2420G
Case CoolTek W2
Power Supply Corsair 650Watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
So basically it's a PWM for a water cooling loop? You just plug everything into it and add it into the loop, and blam'o, total control?!?
Sounds awesome, especially for those who demand silence.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
So basically it's a PWM for a water cooling loop? You just plug everything into it and add it into the loop, and blam'o, total control?!?
Sounds awesome, especially for those who demand silence.

And simplicity... measure temp, flow, controls fans (presumably pump too?) and looks cool. I wonder what the version with an LCD display will look like.

Oh... and, it cools the IC power regulators on the board itself! Clever...

Most people will probably hide it somewhere, but I would like to see a version with mat black PCB, black connectors and nickel plated block.

If this thing is capable of supplying up to 150W, should it not have at least a 8-pin or 2x 6 pin PCI-e power inputs?

Also, they should switch out those Jamicon 85c electrolytics for some some Panasonic or Nichicon 105c rated caps.

System Name My Surround PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-F
Cooling Swiftech MCP35X / EK Quantum CPU / Alphacool GPU / XSPC 480mm w/ Corsair Fans
Memory 96GB (2 x 48 GB) G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24GB
Storage WD SN850 2TB, 2 x 512GB Samsung PM981a, 4 x 4TB HGST NAS HDD for Windows Storage Spaces
Display(s) 2 x Viotek GFI27QXA 27" 4K 120Hz + LG UH850 4K 60Hz + HMD
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Sony MDR-7506 / Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x 1 kW
Mouse Patriot Viper V560
Keyboard Corsair K100
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Mellanox ConnectX-3 10 Gb/s Fiber Network Card
I hope people realize that if you're using the PWM features of the board, then the water block (or any cooling) is pointless. This board is ridiculously overdesigned for its function.

PWM devices control their speeds at the device themselves and are only sent a low energy pulse signal to tell it what speed to run at. All this board needs to do is provide that pulse signal. The cooling would be only for standard fans and pumps are controlled by varying voltage (using very wasteful resistors, potentiometers, or VRMs). As far as the power supply to the board, all the PWM pumps I've seen don't even draw power from their 4-pin connector; it is supplied by a separate 4-pin Molex connector, and 8 fans aren't going to draw 150W.

For the past few years I have wanted something that can software control lots of PWM devices. This would work, but I'd estimate it will be over $200 which is well over an acceptable price to me. I'll stick to soldering together $10 worth of electronic components to make my own manual PWM controllers.

Last edited: